View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
August 04, 2007
[DDBG] How to get it to work with CodeBlocks?
code:

class MyClass
{
   this()
   {
       this._MyValue = 3;
   }
   public int _MyValue;
   public uint myOtherValue = 4;
};

int main(char[][] args)
{
   MyClass myClass = new MyClass();
   printf("_myValue = %d", myClass._MyValue);
   printf("hello world\n");
   printf("args.length = %d\n", args.length);
   for (int i = 0; i < args.length; i++)
	printf("args[%d] = '%s'\n", i, cast(char *)args[i]);
   return 0;
}

When I put the cursor on myClass in the first printf, it shows me the symbols for MyClass but the values are wrong. When i put the cursor on _MyValue, it says Unknown Symbol, what am i doing wrong?

I am using:
- nightly build of codeblocks from August 2, 2007
- Dmd version 2.003
- Ddbg version 0.10 Beta
- I added "-g" to linker options (and compiler)
- My toolchain executable for debugger is ddbg_gdb.bat

Platform:
Windows Xp
Athlon 64


Thanks,
Phil
August 06, 2007
Re: [DDBG] How to get it to work with CodeBlocks?
codeblocks has a couple of problems with the debugger interfacing. if 
you try using ddbg from the command line it works as expected.

Philippe C-P wrote:
> code:
> 
> class MyClass
> {
>     this()
>     {
>         this._MyValue = 3;
>     }
>     public int _MyValue;
>     public uint myOtherValue = 4;
> };
> 
> int main(char[][] args)
> {
>     MyClass myClass = new MyClass();
>     printf("_myValue = %d", myClass._MyValue);
>     printf("hello world\n");
>     printf("args.length = %d\n", args.length);
>     for (int i = 0; i < args.length; i++)
> 	printf("args[%d] = '%s'\n", i, cast(char *)args[i]);
>     return 0;
> }
> 
> When I put the cursor on myClass in the first printf, it shows me the symbols for MyClass but the values are wrong. When i put the cursor on _MyValue, it says Unknown Symbol, what am i doing wrong?
> 
> I am using:
> - nightly build of codeblocks from August 2, 2007
> - Dmd version 2.003
> - Ddbg version 0.10 Beta
> - I added "-g" to linker options (and compiler)
> - My toolchain executable for debugger is ddbg_gdb.bat
> 
> Platform:
> Windows Xp
> Athlon 64
> 
> 
> Thanks,
> Phil
August 29, 2007
Re: [DDBG] How to get it to work with CodeBlocks?
> codeblocks has a couple of problems with the debugger interfacing. if 
> you try using ddbg from the command line it works as expected.
> 
So, what is the solution for having graphical debugging with D under Linux ?
November 27, 2007
Re: [DDBG] How to get it to work with CodeBlocks?
Jascha Wetzel schrieb:
> codeblocks has a couple of problems with the debugger interfacing. if 
> you try using ddbg from the command line it works as expected.
Any chance they will be solved?
November 30, 2007
Re: [DDBG] How to get it to work with CodeBlocks?
Hoenir wrote:
> Jascha Wetzel schrieb:
>> codeblocks has a couple of problems with the debugger interfacing. if 
>> you try using ddbg from the command line it works as expected.
> Any chance they will be solved?

you'll have to ask that in the codeblocks forums.
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home