November 01, 2007
Is it possible to get a prerelease of 0.11? The problem with setting breakpoints in source files is killing me :)


November 03, 2007
Simen Haugen wrote:
> Is it possible to get a prerelease of 0.11? The problem with setting breakpoints in source files is killing me :)

sure, i'll update the preview release as soon as this bug is fixed.
November 03, 2007
Great. My project now has about 10.000 debug writefln's :)
Love your work on ddbg. Might take a look at APaGeD later this year (as I'll
use tango for a private project and enki is still phobos only AFAIK)


"Jascha Wetzel" <firstname@mainia.de> wrote in message news:fghip3$2nn9$1@digitalmars.com...
> Simen Haugen wrote:
>> Is it possible to get a prerelease of 0.11? The problem with setting breakpoints in source files is killing me :)
>
> sure, i'll update the preview release as soon as this bug is fixed.


November 04, 2007
Simen Haugen wrote:
> Great. My project now has about 10.000 debug writefln's :)

it should be fixed now, try this:
http://ddbg.mainia.de/Ddbg-0.11-beta%20preview2.zip

> Love your work on ddbg. Might take a look at APaGeD later this year (as I'll use tango for a private project and enki is still phobos only AFAIK)

i hope you'll find more than just the tango support useful ;)
November 08, 2007
I get an "4invalid UTF-8 sequence" error when stepping over a LoadLibraryA call.

import std.c.windows.windows;
void main()
{
	HANDLE hLib;
	hLib = LoadLibraryA("RICHED32.DLL");
	FreeLibrary(hLib);
}
November 09, 2007
It works fine now. Thanks again.

"Jascha Wetzel" <firstname@mainia.de> wrote in message news:fgklbk$1ro4$1@digitalmars.com...
> Simen Haugen wrote:
>> Great. My project now has about 10.000 debug writefln's :)
>
> it should be fixed now, try this: http://ddbg.mainia.de/Ddbg-0.11-beta%20preview2.zip
>
>> Love your work on ddbg. Might take a look at APaGeD later this year (as I'll use tango for a private project and enki is still phobos only AFAIK)
>
> i hope you'll find more than just the tango support useful ;)


November 09, 2007
What is the exactly problem solved in 0.11?

Simen Haugen wrote:
> It works fine now. Thanks again.
> 
> "Jascha Wetzel" <firstname@mainia.de> wrote in message news:fgklbk$1ro4$1@digitalmars.com...
>> Simen Haugen wrote:
>>> Great. My project now has about 10.000 debug writefln's :)
>> it should be fixed now, try this:
>> http://ddbg.mainia.de/Ddbg-0.11-beta%20preview2.zip
>>
>>> Love your work on ddbg. Might take a look at APaGeD later this year (as I'll use tango for a private project and enki is still phobos only AFAIK)
>> i hope you'll find more than just the tango support useful ;) 
> 
> 
November 09, 2007
Ary Manzana wrote:
> What is the exactly problem solved in 0.11?

there are several fixes and changes in the preview and a lot more to come for 0.11. this particular issue was, that ddbg got confused about source lines if multiple object files specified to have received source lines from the same source file. ddbg did a module-local first-best-match on the source line needed for the breakpoint, but needed to do a module-global best-match (any line number in the same file >= the one requested matches, less distance is better).
e.g. module a has code from source line set A, module b from source line set B, both sets from the same file. you set a breakpoint on a line in B, ddbg searches all line sets, happens to search A first, finds a module-local best-match and uses that instead of trying B too, which would lead to a better match -> your breakpoint sits on the wrong line.
November 09, 2007
dickl wrote:
> I get an "4invalid UTF-8 sequence" error when stepping over a LoadLibraryA call.
> 
> import std.c.windows.windows;
> void main()
> {
>     HANDLE hLib;
>     hLib = LoadLibraryA("RICHED32.DLL");
>     FreeLibrary(hLib);
> }

hm, it works for me (using dmd 1.023, ddbg 0.10 and 0.11 preview2). but someone else had such a problem before and i wasn't able to reproduce it either.
which dmd version do you use? windows version? what console (power shell, xp cmd)?
November 09, 2007
Jascha Wetzel wrote:
> dickl wrote:
>> I get an "4invalid UTF-8 sequence" error when stepping over a LoadLibraryA call.
>>
>> import std.c.windows.windows;
>> void main()
>> {
>>     HANDLE hLib;
>>     hLib = LoadLibraryA("RICHED32.DLL");
>>     FreeLibrary(hLib);
>> }
> 
> hm, it works for me (using dmd 1.023, ddbg 0.10 and 0.11 preview2). but someone else had such a problem before and i wasn't able to reproduce it either.
> which dmd version do you use? windows version? what console (power shell, xp cmd)?

DMD 1.023
ddbg 0.11b2
Vista x64 + cmd

I'll try it under XP sp2 later on
« First   ‹ Prev
1 2
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home