View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
January 08, 2008
Re: Learn to Tango with D
They are not in mine! so it should be wrong...


torhu Wrote:

> Congratulations on the book! :)
> 
> Pages 16-18 are blank in my pdf download, is that correct?
January 08, 2008
Re: Learn to Tango with D
Pablo Ripollés wrote:
> They are not in mine! so it should be wrong...

Yeah, I just downloaded it again, and it was fine this time.
January 09, 2008
Re: Learn to Tango with D
Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
> http://www.dzone.com/links/a_d_and_tango_book.html 
> http://digg.com/programming/A_D_and_Tango_Book 
> http://programming.reddit.com - look for "A D and Tango Book"

I can't find it on reddit. Do you have a more direct link?
January 09, 2008
Re: Learn to Tango with D
Walter Bright wrote:
> Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
>> http://www.dzone.com/links/a_d_and_tango_book.html 
>> http://digg.com/programming/A_D_and_Tango_Book 
>> http://programming.reddit.com - look for "A D and Tango Book"
> 
> I can't find it on reddit. Do you have a more direct link?

I just use:

http://programming.reddit.com/search?q=tango

It comes up as the 7th entry.


Sean
January 09, 2008
Re: Learn to Tango with D
Sean Kelly wrote:
> Walter Bright wrote:
>> Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
>>> http://www.dzone.com/links/a_d_and_tango_book.html 
>>> http://digg.com/programming/A_D_and_Tango_Book 
>>> http://programming.reddit.com - look for "A D and Tango Book"
>>
>> I can't find it on reddit. Do you have a more direct link?
> 
> I just use:
> 
> http://programming.reddit.com/search?q=tango
> 
> It comes up as the 7th entry.
> 
> 
> Sean

Here's a direct link: http://programming.reddit.com/info/64t79/comments/
January 09, 2008
Re: Learn to Tango with D
Thank you! Of course, that error was entirely deliberate ;)


"JMRyan" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message 
news:fm0rfe$1j1s$1@digitalmars.com...
> Lars Ivar Igesund <larsivar@igesund.net> wrote in
> news:flu7b6$o9b$1@digitalmars.com:
>
>> We are happy to announce that "Learn to Tango with D", the book by
>> Kris Bell, Lars Ivar Igesund, Sean Kelly and Michael Parker, is
>> available as an eBook at www.apress.com [1]. The printed version will
>> be available from select book stores in about 3 weeks, and is already
>> available for pre-order at amazon.com [2].
>
> Congratulations!
>
> Of course, your book will not be fully realized until there are reported
> errata.  In order to help you achieve the dream of a fully realized book,
> I have submitted an erratum to the book's web page at Apress.  On page 5,
> line 12 the file name hello.d mistakenly appears "print.d".  The
> compilation instructions at line 22 has the correct file name.
>
> When I was a TA, I would tell my students that, as a pedigogical tool, I
> would slip errors into my lectures.  I told them that this was a good
> pedigogical tool because recognizing errors was an important elelment in
> understanding the material.  I also told them that employing this
> pedagogical tool required no effort whatsoever on my part.  Unfortunately,
> that is about as funny as my jokes got.  For the sake of my students, I
> eventually got a real job.
January 09, 2008
Re: Learn to Tango with D
Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
> Dear D Community,
> 
> We are happy to announce that "Learn to Tango with D", the book by Kris
> Bell, Lars Ivar Igesund, Sean Kelly and Michael Parker, is available as an
> eBook at www.apress.com [1]. The printed version will be available from
> select book stores in about 3 weeks, and is already available for pre-order
> at amazon.com [2].
> 
> "Learn to Tango with D" introduces you to D, with special attention given to
> the Tango software library. A concise yet thorough overview of the language
> syntax and features is presented, followed by an introduction to Tango.
> 
> The Table of Contents can be found here [3].
> 
> The foreword is written by Walter Bright, and Don Clugston acted as
> technical reviewer.
> 
> All proceeds from the book will be channeled into the Tango project, to the
> benefit of both Tango and the D community.
> 
> [1]: http://www.apress.com/book/view/9781590599600
> 
> [2]: http://www.amazon.com/Learn-Tango-D-Kris-Bell/dp/1590599608
> 
> [3]: http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/LearnToTangoWithD

nice - congratulations!
January 20, 2008
Re: Learn to Tango with D
Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
> Dear D Community,
> 
> We are happy to announce that "Learn to Tango with D", the book by Kris
> Bell, Lars Ivar Igesund, Sean Kelly and Michael Parker, is available as an
> eBook at www.apress.com [1]. The printed version will be available from
> select book stores in about 3 weeks, and is already available for pre-order
> at amazon.com [2].
> 
> "Learn to Tango with D" introduces you to D, with special attention given to
> the Tango software library. A concise yet thorough overview of the language
> syntax and features is presented, followed by an introduction to Tango.
> 
> The Table of Contents can be found here [3].
> 
> The foreword is written by Walter Bright, and Don Clugston acted as
> technical reviewer.
> 
> All proceeds from the book will be channeled into the Tango project, to the
> benefit of both Tango and the D community.
> 
> [1]: http://www.apress.com/book/view/9781590599600
> 
> [2]: http://www.amazon.com/Learn-Tango-D-Kris-Bell/dp/1590599608
> 
> [3]: http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/LearnToTangoWithD

Nice, keep up the good work!

-- 
Bruno Medeiros - MSc in CS/E student
http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?BrunoMedeiros#D
January 30, 2008
Re: Learn to Tango with D
Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:

> Dear D Community,
> 
> We are happy to announce that "Learn to Tango with D", the book by Kris
> Bell, Lars Ivar Igesund, Sean Kelly and Michael Parker, is available as an
> eBook at www.apress.com [1]. The printed version will be available from
> select book stores in about 3 weeks, and is already available for
> pre-order at amazon.com [2].
> 
> "Learn to Tango with D" introduces you to D, with special attention given
> to the Tango software library. A concise yet thorough overview of the
> language syntax and features is presented, followed by an introduction to
> Tango.
> 
> The Table of Contents can be found here [3].
> 
> The foreword is written by Walter Bright, and Don Clugston acted as
> technical reviewer.
> 
> All proceeds from the book will be channeled into the Tango project, to
> the benefit of both Tango and the D community.
> 
> [1]: http://www.apress.com/book/view/9781590599600
> 
> [2]: http://www.amazon.com/Learn-Tango-D-Kris-Bell/dp/1590599608
> 
> [3]: http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/LearnToTangoWithD

Many of you probably already picked up on this, but the book is now shipping
from Amazon.

-- 
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net
DSource, #d.tango & #D: larsivi
Dancing the Tango
January 30, 2008
Re: Learn to Tango with D
Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
> 
> Many of you probably already picked up on this, but the book is now shipping
> from Amazon.

I suppose it's also worth mentioning that the info about the book on
Amazon is still a bit screwed up.  The publisher is aware of the issue
and is doing what they can to resolve it.  It seems to be a technical
problem on Amazon's end at the moment.


Sean
Next ›   Last »
1 2 3
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home