January 31, 2008
dominik wrote:

> 
> "Walter Bright" <newshound1@digitalmars.com> wrote in message news:fnmsif$1341$1@digitalmars.com...
>> Do a google image search on tango, and I think you'll find a lot of great inspiration for a logo!
> 
> since I did that logo (as well as the one for arclib), I think I might add
> a thing or two.
> After several dozens of versions, this one was chosen because it works -
> you talk about it, you will remember it - its different, since no other
> software library has something like it, and especially not in D world. It
> also portrays Tangos power. And its cool, its not boring.
> 
> I like it.
> 
> here is something that awaits a bottle to be rendered: http://www.vga.hr/tango_final/alc_label.PNG http://www.vga.hr/tango_final/alc_label_back.PNG http://www.vga.hr/tango_final/vrat.PNG

 Nice idea! :-)

 Just one thing: the French is... well... weird. It should probably
be: "Bottled for 'D Language' / Embouteillé pour 'D Language'"...

 Guillaume

January 31, 2008
Guillaume B. wrote:
> dominik wrote:
> 
>> "Walter Bright" <newshound1@digitalmars.com> wrote in message
>> news:fnmsif$1341$1@digitalmars.com...
>>> Do a google image search on tango, and I think you'll find a lot of great
>>> inspiration for a logo!
>> since I did that logo (as well as the one for arclib), I think I might add
>> a thing or two.
>> After several dozens of versions, this one was chosen because it works -
>> you talk about it, you will remember it - its different, since no other
>> software library has something like it, and especially not in D world. It
>> also portrays Tangos power. And its cool, its not boring.
>>
>> I like it.
>>
>> here is something that awaits a bottle to be rendered:
>> http://www.vga.hr/tango_final/alc_label.PNG
>> http://www.vga.hr/tango_final/alc_label_back.PNG
>> http://www.vga.hr/tango_final/vrat.PNG
> 
>  Nice idea! :-)
> 
>  Just one thing: the French is... well... weird. It should probably
> be: "Bottled for 'D Language' / Embouteillé pour 'D Language'"...

That and whiskey doesn't usually have French on the label to begin with... unless you live in France.  Or Canada.

--bb
January 31, 2008
Bill Baxter wrote:

> Guillaume B. wrote:
>> dominik wrote:
>> 
>>> "Walter Bright" <newshound1@digitalmars.com> wrote in message news:fnmsif$1341$1@digitalmars.com...
>>>> Do a google image search on tango, and I think you'll find a lot of great inspiration for a logo!
>>> since I did that logo (as well as the one for arclib), I think I might
>>> add a thing or two.
>>> After several dozens of versions, this one was chosen because it works -
>>> you talk about it, you will remember it - its different, since no other
>>> software library has something like it, and especially not in D world.
>>> It also portrays Tangos power. And its cool, its not boring.
>>>
>>> I like it.
>>>
>>> here is something that awaits a bottle to be rendered: http://www.vga.hr/tango_final/alc_label.PNG http://www.vga.hr/tango_final/alc_label_back.PNG http://www.vga.hr/tango_final/vrat.PNG
>> 
>>  Nice idea! :-)
>> 
>>  Just one thing: the French is... well... weird. It should probably
>> be: "Bottled for 'D Language' / Embouteillé pour 'D Language'"...
> 
> That and whiskey doesn't usually have French on the label to begin with... unless you live in France.  Or Canada.
> 

 Right... Especially from "The oldest registered distillery in the US"! It's
probably because of the special "D brand" :-)

 Guillaume


January 31, 2008
Bill Baxter wrote:
> Guillaume B. wrote:
>> dominik wrote:
>>
>>> "Walter Bright" <newshound1@digitalmars.com> wrote in message news:fnmsif$1341$1@digitalmars.com...
>>>> Do a google image search on tango, and I think you'll find a lot of
>>>> great
>>>> inspiration for a logo!
>>> since I did that logo (as well as the one for arclib), I think I
>>> might add
>>> a thing or two.
>>> After several dozens of versions, this one was chosen because it works -
>>> you talk about it, you will remember it - its different, since no other
>>> software library has something like it, and especially not in D
>>> world. It
>>> also portrays Tangos power. And its cool, its not boring.
>>>
>>> I like it.
>>>
>>> here is something that awaits a bottle to be rendered: http://www.vga.hr/tango_final/alc_label.PNG http://www.vga.hr/tango_final/alc_label_back.PNG http://www.vga.hr/tango_final/vrat.PNG
>>
>>  Nice idea! :-)
>>
>>  Just one thing: the French is... well... weird. It should probably
>> be: "Bottled for 'D Language' / Embouteillé pour 'D Language'"...
> 
> That and whiskey doesn't usually have French on the label to begin with... unless you live in France.  Or Canada.

We make our whiskey Cajun style.


Sean
January 31, 2008
Walter Bright wrote:
> Walter Bright wrote:
>> Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
>>> As mentioned before, the dancing logos had issues. We were looking for a
>>> logo that could represent power, speed and elegance, much like the dance
>>> and thus a reason for Tango being used as a name for the library. I feel
>>> the new logo represents all those traits nicely.
>>
>> A couple url's:
>>
>> Tango: http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/
>>
>> Army Air Force wings: http://www.wittworldwide.com/images/W2AAFPilotWgPBSterlx.jpg
>>
>>
>> A historical note: The AAF pin was worn by pilots of piston engine aircraft. When those pilots were transitioned to jets, they'd go to a jeweler and have the wings "swept back" on their pins.
> 
> I should add that in order to register a trademark (necessary if you want to protect it) it needs to be unique. I am not a trademark lawyer, but you may have a hard time defending the wings as not being "confusingly similar" to other marks.

The winged logo reminds me of the Bentley marque...

http://www.bentleymotors.com/Corporate/

A...
January 31, 2008
"Sean Kelly" <sean@f4.ca> wrote in message news:fnri7c$1nqp$1@digitalmars.com...
> We make our whiskey Cajun style.

thanks guys for corrections/suggestions :)
I was making an old style rum bottle - so I copied verbatim text from
there.. then along the way I decided to switch to Jack Daniels style.. its
still a WIP texture anyways.


January 31, 2008
"Alix Pexton" <_a_l_i_x_._p_e_x_t_o_n_@_g_m_a_i_l_._c_o_m_> wrote in message news:fnsb77$tmr$1@digitalmars.com...
> The winged logo reminds me of the Bentley marque...
>
> http://www.bentleymotors.com/Corporate/
>

that was the model suggested among winged badges, so its based on the bentley badge


Next ›   Last »
1 2 3 4 5
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home