View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
April 27, 2008
Detours and D?
hi

is there a working binding for Microsofts Detours Library available for 
D? or better ask - have someone already written one?

http://research.microsoft.com/sn/detours/

ciao dennis

btw: can the function injection stuff work with D functions?
April 28, 2008
Re: Detours and D?
On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 20:39:19 +0300, dennis luehring <dl.soluz@gmx.net> wrote:

> hi
>
> is there a working binding for Microsofts Detours Library available for
> D? or better ask - have someone already written one?
>
> http://research.microsoft.com/sn/detours/
>
> ciao dennis

Someone (N. Alexander) has written a hooking framework for D, but the website is offline now:
http://destroy.selfip.org/kong/

Here's an old package I downloaded when it was announced:
http://thecybershadow.net/dump/ca7d502e8db8d670f369bb4c23c2646a/kong_010.zip
(the license is public domain)

> btw: can the function injection stuff work with D functions?

While your choice of words doesn't make your question clear for me, I'll say that I've successfully integrated C/C++/Delphi programs with my D code using code hooks. In some cases you may need to write bridges between different calling conventions in assembly.

-- 
Best regards,
Vladimir                          mailto:thecybershadow@gmail.com
April 28, 2008
Re: Detours and D?
Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 20:39:19 +0300, dennis luehring <dl.soluz@gmx.net> wrote:
> 
>> hi
>>
>> is there a working binding for Microsofts Detours Library available for
>> D? or better ask - have someone already written one?
>>
>> http://research.microsoft.com/sn/detours/
>>
>> ciao dennis
> 
> Someone (N. Alexander) has written a hooking framework for D, but the website is offline now:
> http://destroy.selfip.org/kong/
> 
> Here's an old package I downloaded when it was announced:
> http://thecybershadow.net/dump/ca7d502e8db8d670f369bb4c23c2646a/kong_010.zip
> (the license is public domain)
> 
>> btw: can the function injection stuff work with D functions?
> 
> While your choice of words doesn't make your question clear for me, I'll say that I've successfully integrated C/C++/Delphi programs with my D code using code hooks. In some cases you may need to write bridges between different calling conventions in assembly.
> 
Yea the HDD died on that machine haha.

Anyway, the projects been on dsource for a while:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/kong

I dont think anyone uses it though lol. The SVN version there is 
slightly out of sync with my local copy. (Its just minor changes to 
imports that diddnt work on a certain OS / compiler combination. Also 
theres a string that needs to be .dup'd somwhere in the Portable 
Executable parsers section table lookup).

If you need help getting it to work, or have comments about making the 
API suck less feel free to email me.


The local source tree of it seems pretty stable. I havent seen any 
issues with it after using the code for a year or so.
April 28, 2008
Re: Detours and D?
Neal Alexander wrote:
> Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
>> On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 20:39:19 +0300, dennis luehring <dl.soluz@gmx.net> 
>> wrote:
>>
>>> hi
>>>
>>> is there a working binding for Microsofts Detours Library available for
>>> D? or better ask - have someone already written one?
>>>
>>> http://research.microsoft.com/sn/detours/
>>>
>>> ciao dennis
>>
>> Someone (N. Alexander) has written a hooking framework for D, but the 
>> website is offline now:
>> http://destroy.selfip.org/kong/
>>
>> Here's an old package I downloaded when it was announced:
>> http://thecybershadow.net/dump/ca7d502e8db8d670f369bb4c23c2646a/kong_010.zip 
>>
>> (the license is public domain)
>>
>>> btw: can the function injection stuff work with D functions?
>>
>> While your choice of words doesn't make your question clear for me, 
>> I'll say that I've successfully integrated C/C++/Delphi programs with 
>> my D code using code hooks. In some cases you may need to write 
>> bridges between different calling conventions in assembly.
>>
> Yea the HDD died on that machine haha.
> 
> Anyway, the projects been on dsource for a while:
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/kong
> 
> I dont think anyone uses it though lol. The SVN version there is 
> slightly out of sync with my local copy. (Its just minor changes to 
> imports that diddnt work on a certain OS / compiler combination. Also 
> theres a string that needs to be .dup'd somwhere in the Portable 
> Executable parsers section table lookup).
> 
> If you need help getting it to work, or have comments about making the 
> API suck less feel free to email me.
> 
> 
> The local source tree of it seems pretty stable. I havent seen any 
> issues with it after using the code for a year or so.
> 
> 
> 
Theres also a D binding for madChook (www.madshi.net) too btw. He 
changed the licensing of it a while back though, so theres no free 
version anymore afaik.
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home