May 12, 2008
Frits van Bommel wrote:
[description of switch/case indent bug]

I figured since I took the time to type that up I might as well officially report it in trac: <http://dsource.org/projects/descent/ticket/82>
May 12, 2008
On Mon, 12 May 2008 22:41:32 +0200, Frits van Bommel <fvbommel@REMwOVExCAPSs.nl> wrote:

> Frits van Bommel wrote:
> [description of switch/case indent bug]
>
> I figured since I took the time to type that up I might as well officially report it in trac: <http://dsource.org/projects/descent/ticket/82>

Thanks! I didn't know it was a Descent bug (would have reported that long ago), just assumed that I didn't find the correct setting :)

-Mike

-- 
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
May 12, 2008
Mike wrote:
> On Mon, 12 May 2008 22:41:32 +0200, Frits van Bommel <fvbommel@REMwOVExCAPSs.nl> wrote:
> 
>> Frits van Bommel wrote:
>> [description of switch/case indent bug]
>>
>> I figured since I took the time to type that up I might as well officially report it in trac: <http://dsource.org/projects/descent/ticket/82>
> 
> Thanks! I didn't know it was a Descent bug (would have reported that long ago), just assumed that I didn't find the correct setting :)

Well if it isn't a bug one of the devs will hopefully mark it invalid and tell us how to configure it to do what we want :).
May 12, 2008
Frits van Bommel wrote:
> Mike wrote:
>> On Mon, 12 May 2008 22:41:32 +0200, Frits van Bommel <fvbommel@REMwOVExCAPSs.nl> wrote:
>>
>>> Frits van Bommel wrote:
>>> [description of switch/case indent bug]
>>>
>>> I figured since I took the time to type that up I might as well officially report it in trac: <http://dsource.org/projects/descent/ticket/82>
>>
>> Thanks! I didn't know it was a Descent bug (would have reported that long ago), just assumed that I didn't find the correct setting :)
> 
> Well if it isn't a bug one of the devs will hopefully mark it invalid and tell us how to configure it to do what we want :).

Nope; it's a bug; thanks for reporting it.
May 12, 2008
Mike Wrote:

> On Mon, 12 May 2008 00:22:39 +0200, Tower Ty <tytower@hotmail.com> wrote:
> 
> > Can you explain the debug{} a bit more please  Mike . What does that look like and how is it used?
> 
> It's code that only gets compiled in a debug build.
> 
> Here's roughly what I do:

> 
> debug
> {
>      alias Stdout dbg;
> }
> Compile with -debug switch on!
> Later on I use Stdout for every normal output, but dbg for temporary debug
> messages:
> 
> <example>
> 
> Stdout("Initializing warp drive ...").newline; // this should be in the console in debug and release mode
> 
> WarpEngine.prepareUnipolarMatrixPhalanxThingie(unipolar);
> dbg("first call ok, foo = ")(WarpEngine.foo).newline; // this should be
> removed before release
> 
> WarpEngine.resetWarpParameterFieldConstants(1, 2, 1701);
> dbg("second call ok, bar = ")(WarpEngine.bar).newline;
> 
> WarpEngine.initializeWarpNacelles(BOTH);
> dbg("third call ok, baz = ")(WarpEngine.baz).newline;
> 
> WarpEngine.removeTribbles(all);
> dbg("fourth call ok, now engaging").newline;
> 
> WarpEngine.engage();
> 
> Stdout("Warp drive ready.").newline;
> 
> </example>
> 
> Those dbg Stdouts should be removed in a release build. But every now and then you forget to remove one and it ends up in production. So if you now compile this with the -release flag, the alias never gets defined and every dbg call still in there yields a syntax error.
> 
> -Mike
> 
> PS: I'm NOT a Star Trek fan :)
> 
> -- 
> Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/



Thanks Mike - Missed it on the first pass but Note for Learners like me

Compile with -debug switch on!
Next ›   Last »
1 2 3
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home