Thread overview
Finding equivalent of C++ feature in D documentation.
Dec 23
Seb
December 23
I needed to find equivalent of member initialization list in D.
After searching ~10 minutes I found D has very elegant solution (https://dlang.org/spec/class.html#field-init) after reading through whole constructor page. My question is not technical this time I have my solution. But I think when I google "Member inilization in D" I am expecting to be directed to correct documentation.

This unfortunately happens a lot to me. And this minutes sum into hours and inefficiency.

Is there any better way for me to search C/C++ equivalent features? As a humble suggestion would it make sense to make a table with feature names and corresponding name of the same feature in other languages ?

Erdem
December 23
On Saturday, 23 December 2017 at 15:04:30 UTC, kerdemdemir wrote:

> Is there any better way for me to search C/C++ equivalent features? As a humble suggestion would it make sense to make a table with feature names and corresponding name of the same feature in other languages ?


Try this: https://wiki.dlang.org/Programming_in_D_for_C%2B%2B_Programmers

... and potentially this: https://wiki.dlang.org/Coming_From

Those resources are community maintained.  When I was first learning D, if I encountered a problem and struggled to a solution, I would make an attempt to documented it on the D wiki to try and save others from having to go through the same difficulty.  I encourage you to do the same.

Mike
December 23
On Saturday, 23 December 2017 at 15:45:33 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:
> On Saturday, 23 December 2017 at 15:04:30 UTC, kerdemdemir wrote:
>
>> Is there any better way for me to search C/C++ equivalent features? As a humble suggestion would it make sense to make a table with feature names and corresponding name of the same feature in other languages ?
>
>
> Try this: https://wiki.dlang.org/Programming_in_D_for_C%2B%2B_Programmers
>
> ... and potentially this: https://wiki.dlang.org/Coming_From
>
> Those resources are community maintained.  When I was first learning D, if I encountered a problem and struggled to a solution, I would make an attempt to documented it on the D wiki to try and save others from having to go through the same difficulty.  I encourage you to do the same.
>
> Mike

There are these two pages:

https://dlang.org/ctod.html
https://dlang.org/cpptod.html

December 23
On Saturday, 23 December 2017 at 15:58:27 UTC, Seb wrote:
> On Saturday, 23 December 2017 at 15:45:33 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:
>> On Saturday, 23 December 2017 at 15:04:30 UTC, kerdemdemir wrote:
>>
>>> Is there any better way for me to search C/C++ equivalent features? As a humble suggestion would it make sense to make a table with feature names and corresponding name of the same feature in other languages ?
>>
>>
>> Try this: https://wiki.dlang.org/Programming_in_D_for_C%2B%2B_Programmers
>>
>> ... and potentially this: https://wiki.dlang.org/Coming_From
>>
>> Those resources are community maintained.  When I was first learning D, if I encountered a problem and struggled to a solution, I would make an attempt to documented it on the D wiki to try and save others from having to go through the same difficulty.  I encourage you to do the same.
>>
>> Mike
>
> There are these two pages:
>
> https://dlang.org/ctod.html
> https://dlang.org/cpptod.html

Thanks guys both pages are good.

@Mike I really want to add this case about M.I.L syntax in to wiki page. But since I am not a D pro; I am shy and also I am not sure if I have the permission to modify this page. Do you suggest me to try adding this spesific to the wiki page?