Jump to page: 1 2
Thread overview
Any IDEs or editors that are compatible with D 2.0?
May 27, 2009
Matt Nawrocki
May 27, 2009
Kagamin
May 27, 2009
Michal Minich
May 27, 2009
Ary Borenszweig
May 27, 2009
bearophile
May 27, 2009
Ary Borenszweig
May 27, 2009
bearophile
May 27, 2009
Mike James
May 27, 2009
Jesse Phillips
May 27, 2009
Hi... are there any IDEs or editors out there that support DMD 2.0 yet? I am having a hard time finding a good one. Thanks!

Matt
May 27, 2009
Matt Nawrocki Wrote:

> Hi... are there any IDEs or editors out there that support DMD 2.0 yet? I am having a hard time finding a good one. Thanks!
> 
Notepad can understand any characters.
May 27, 2009
Hello Kagamin,

> Matt Nawrocki Wrote:
> 
>> Hi... are there any IDEs or editors out there that support DMD 2.0
>> yet? I am having a hard time finding a good one. Thanks!
>> 
> Notepad can understand any characters.
> 

PSPad would be better choice than notepad :) http://www.pspad.com/

At least it has syntax highlighting (although you will need to fine tune it)
project management, and can invoke compiler and go to line with error

To my knowledge there is unfortunately no editor supporting D 2 syntax parsing (and code completion)

You may look at page http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?EditorSupport if you did not already

May 27, 2009
Kagamin wrote:
> Matt Nawrocki Wrote:
> 
>> Hi... are there any IDEs or editors out there that support DMD 2.0 yet? I am having a hard time finding a good one. Thanks!
>>
> Notepad can understand any characters.

Yeah, that's an excelent answer for someone looking for help. He'll be using D in no time. :-P
May 27, 2009
Matt Nawrocki wrote:
> Hi... are there any IDEs or editors out there that support DMD 2.0 yet? I am having a hard time finding a good one. Thanks!
> 
> 
> Matt

When you say "editor that supports D", do you primarily mean syntax highlighting? In that case, there should be plenty, as there really isn't much difference between D1 and D2.

Also, you didn't say whether you use Windows or Linux. On Linux, I know that both vim, gedit and Kate have syntax highlighting for D. Also, Bill
Baxter made an emacs mode for D some years ago,

http://www.digitalmars.com/pnews/read.php?server=news.digitalmars.com&group=digitalmars.D.announce&artnum=7754

Personally, I use vim, and for D2 I only had to add the keywords "ref" and "string" to the syntax file. :)

I can't say anything about IDEs or Windows, as use neither.

-Lars
May 27, 2009
Lars T. Kyllingstad:
>for D2 I only had to add the keywords "ref" and "string" to the syntax file. :)

You may have to add "immutable", "nothrow", "pure" (and maybe "const"), and be sure "invariant" and "inout" are absent.

Bye,
bearophile
May 27, 2009
bearophile wrote:
> Lars T. Kyllingstad:
>> for D2 I only had to add the keywords "ref" and "string" to the syntax file. :)
> 
> You may have to add "immutable", "nothrow", "pure" (and maybe "const"), and be sure "invariant" and "inout" are absent.

"invariant" is still used as class invariants.

> 
> Bye,
> bearophile
May 27, 2009
On Wed, 27 May 2009 10:21:30 -0400, Lars T. Kyllingstad <public@kyllingen.nospamnet> wrote:

> Matt Nawrocki wrote:
>> Hi... are there any IDEs or editors out there that support DMD 2.0 yet? I am having a hard time finding a good one. Thanks!
>>   Matt
>
>
> When you say "editor that supports D", do you primarily mean syntax highlighting? In that case, there should be plenty, as there really isn't much difference between D1 and D2.
>
> Also, you didn't say whether you use Windows or Linux. On Linux, I know that both vim, gedit and Kate have syntax highlighting for D. Also, Bill
> Baxter made an emacs mode for D some years ago,
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/pnews/read.php?server=news.digitalmars.com&group=digitalmars.D.announce&artnum=7754
>
> Personally, I use vim, and for D2 I only had to add the keywords "ref" and "string" to the syntax file. :)

ref should be added to the default D syntax file, it's D1/D2.
string is not a keyword (although syntax highlighting it might be a good idea).

Some other new keywords to add:
immutable
shared
__traits

> I can't say anything about IDEs or Windows, as use neither.

Vim works on windows.

-Steve
May 27, 2009
Ary Borenszweig Wrote:
> "invariant" is still used as class invariants.

Right.
"__gshared" also has to be added.

Currently my editor doesn't highlight numbers like 1_2 yet.

Bye,
bearophile
May 27, 2009
Matt Nawrocki Wrote:

> 
> 
> Matt

Have at look at Code::Blocks - it works well on Windows and Linux and has support for D1.0 - so I guess that should cover most of D2.0 keywords...

-=mike=-
« First   ‹ Prev
1 2