October 21
On Thursday, 17 October 2019 at 13:03:08 UTC, Akira1364 wrote:
> I was able to track down a full copy of almost-the-latest-version of the Dexed repo (version 3.7.4) and have put it up here:
>
> https://github.com/Akira13641/dexed

You shouldn't have added mir-core dependency.

stdx allocators repository has a branch named "2.77.z" ([1]) that doesn't rely on mir-core. Most (if not all) of the tools based on dparse + stdx allocs use this branch, exactly to prevent the dependency. For example here, in the folder names, [2], the "@ <hash>" points to the last commit of this "2.77.z" branch. The reference is concretely stored somewhere in the ".git" folder, so when people do "git submodule update" the right branch is automatically selected.

[1]: https://github.com/dlang-community/stdx-allocator/tree/2.77.z
[2]: https://github.com/dlang-community/DCD

October 21
On Monday, 21 October 2019 at 13:39:00 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
> You shouldn't have added mir-core dependency.
>
> stdx allocators repository has a branch named "2.77.z" ([1]) that doesn't rely on mir-core. Most (if not all) of the tools based on dparse + stdx allocs use this branch, exactly to prevent the dependency. For example here, in the folder names, [2], the "@ <hash>" points to the last commit of this "2.77.z" branch. The reference is concretely stored somewhere in the ".git" folder, so when people do "git submodule update" the right branch is automatically selected.
>
> [1]: https://github.com/dlang-community/stdx-allocator/tree/2.77.z
> [2]: https://github.com/dlang-community/DCD

Good to know, I'll change the submodule to direct to that branch of stdx-allocator. Thanks!

November 13
On Thursday, 17 October 2019 at 13:03:08 UTC, Akira1364 wrote:
> Thanks to someone who commented on this Reddit thread I made about it:
>
> https://www.reddit.com/r/d_language/comments/ddrmz8/had_anyone_checked_out_dexed_locally_relatively/?st=k1uppkuk&sh=c643c481
>
> I was able to track down a full copy of almost-the-latest-version of the Dexed repo (version 3.7.4) and have put it up here:
>

latest version is 3.7.10 and is 130 commits ahead.

> https://github.com/Akira13641/dexed
>
> [...]

Akira, I'm sorry but I've reported your revival attempt to GH, with the hope that they'll remove it,  because I'm not happy with how you've botched the git history.

For anyone who's interested to buy dexed and to take the leadership on the project, I sell dexed, so a a git project, with intact commits tree, 2500€.
November 14
On Thursday, 17 October 2019 at 13:03:08 UTC, Akira1364 wrote:
> I was able to track down a full copy of almost-the-latest-version of the Dexed repo (version 3.7.4) and have put it up here:
>
> https://github.com/Akira13641/dexed

Someone replied on your reddit thread with a more up to date version (3.7.9) that includes the git commit history.

https://github.com/Kozzi11/dexed
November 15
On Wednesday, 13 November 2019 at 01:43:39 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
> [...]
> For anyone who's interested to buy dexed and to take the leadership on the project, I sell dexed, so a a git project, with intact commits tree, 2500€.

Well well well they refused anyway. It looks like it's dead forever now about monetizing the work.

----------------------------------------------------------------
## Please do not write below this line ##

Your request has been updated.

You can add a comment by replying to this email.

	

Mitch (GitHub Developer Support)

Nov 13, 2:00 PM UTC

Hello,

If you are the copyright holder and want to have copyrighted content removed, please review our DMCA Takedown Policy, available here:

https://help.github.com/articles/dmca-takedown-policy

https://help.github.com/articles/guide-to-submitting-a-dmca-takedown-notice/

If you're not the copyright holder, your best bet would be to contact the owner of the content and let them decide if they'd like to take action.

Cheers,
Mitch

	

basile.b

Nov 8, 3:14 AM UTC
Here is the original project as a bare repository so that you can verify that the user I've reported didn't play fairly and destroyed the git history.

https://c.gmx.com/@558129942915716568/XF6bnHFWSLenLobZiKxmcg

The file is protected with a password that is the full email address used to send this email.
Note that I only provide the file as mean of verification and it must not be used or shared in any other context.

To clarify my request that is to block or delete the user repository:

The history of a project is essential to understand how it has evolved over time. The commits messages are essential to understand why something is done in a way and not another. The history also allows to revert changes and to track regressions. Typically a git repository also contains branches with partial work that may be useful, this is the case here.

That's why I do not accept the way the user I've reported restarted the project. It's a tag of disrespect, toward 5 years of work.
I do not blame the user to get on developping the software, I blame it for destroying the software "as a project".

Thanks for your understanding.

Envoyé: jeudi 7 novembre 2019 à 03:12
De: "GitHub Developer Support" <developer@githubsupport.com>
À: "basile.b" <>
Objet: [GitHub Developer Support] Confirmation - Request Received (#451275)

	

basile.b

Nov 7, 2:12 AM UTC

Akira13641has uploaded a repository of mine, botching/squashing the whole git history, without even contacting me, while it was deleted explictely from your site by myself (old account was Basile-z)

The repository is https://github.com/Akira13641/dexed

I can provide the project with intact history in case of. I wish his repo to be blocked unless he conserves the whole history of the commits (that's several thousands).
----------------------------------------------------------------

Next ›   Last »
1 2