Thread overview
mtriple for iphonesimulator error!
Jun 26
Calvin P
Jun 27
Calvin P
Jun 28
kinke
Jul 01
Calvin P
Jun 26
kinke
June 26
try build for iphonesimulator get this error:


ldc2 -g -gc -O0 -c -mtriple=i386-apple-ios10 import/core/thread/fiber.d

<inline asm>:4:2: error: unknown directive
        .type   fiber_switchContext,@function
        ^
<inline asm>:22:2: error: unknown directive
        .size   fiber_switchContext, .-fiber_switchContext
        ^


what flags should I use for i386 and x86-64 iphonesimulator ?
June 26
On 2020-06-26 13:25, Calvin P wrote:
> try build for iphonesimulator get this error:
> 
> 
> ldc2 -g -gc -O0 -c -mtriple=i386-apple-ios10 import/core/thread/fiber.d
> 
> <inline asm>:4:2: error: unknown directive
>          .type   fiber_switchContext,@function
>          ^
> <inline asm>:22:2: error: unknown directive
>          .size   fiber_switchContext, .-fiber_switchContext
>          ^
> 
> 
> what flags should I use for i386 and x86-64 iphonesimulator ?

Xcode uses "x86_64-apple-ios13.2-simulator". I guess you can specify any version. I have not tested D/LDC on the simulator yet. There are things that might not work.

-- 
/Jacob Carlborg
June 26
On Friday, 26 June 2020 at 11:25:16 UTC, Calvin P wrote:
> what flags should I use for i386 and x86-64 iphonesimulator ?

Thx for the report. - 32-bit would need more work (i686 support for macOS was dropped some time ago and would need to be re-enabled, incl. adaptations for 32-bit ARM). The issue for the x86_64 simulator is fixed by https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/pull/3478.
June 27
On Friday, 26 June 2020 at 14:40:38 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> Xcode uses "x86_64-apple-ios13.2-simulator". I guess you can specify any version. I have not tested D/LDC on the simulator yet. There are things that might not work.


On Friday, 26 June 2020 at 16:18:57 UTC, kinke wrote:
> On Friday, 26 June 2020 at 11:25:16 UTC, Calvin P wrote:
>> what flags should I use for i386 and x86-64 iphonesimulator ?
>
> Thx for the report. - 32-bit would need more work (i686 support for macOS was dropped some time ago and would need to be re-enabled, incl. adaptations for 32-bit ARM). The issue for the x86_64 simulator is fixed by https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/pull/3478.


Thanks for explain, I will try net ldc2 version to test iphonesimulator.
June 28
On Saturday, 27 June 2020 at 23:00:12 UTC, Calvin P wrote:
> Thanks for explain, I will try net ldc2 version to test iphonesimulator.

You can download the prebuilt CI package from https://dev.azure.com/ldc-developers/ldc/_build/results?buildId=1850&view=artifacts&type=publishedArtifacts (just like a regular release package, but with enabled LLVM/LDC assertions and thus slower at compiling). Cross-compiling to the simulator should now work out of the box via `-mtriple=x86_64-apple-ios12.0`, as prebuilt druntime and Phobos are newly included too.
June 30
On 2020-06-26 13:25, Calvin P wrote:

> what flags should I use for i386 and x86-64 iphonesimulator ?

Do you have a need to target the iPhone simulator for i386? Is x86-64 enough?

-- 
/Jacob Carlborg
July 01
On Sunday, 28 June 2020 at 00:06:43 UTC, kinke wrote:
> You can download the prebuilt CI package from https://dev.azure.com/ldc-developers/ldc/_build/results?buildId=1850&view=artifacts&type=publishedArtifacts (just like a regular release package, but with enabled LLVM/LDC assertions and thus slower at compiling). Cross-compiling to the simulator should now work out of the box via `-mtriple=x86_64-apple-ios12.0`, as prebuilt druntime and Phobos are newly included too.

Thanks a lot, I will do more test and report back.


On Tuesday, 30 June 2020 at 07:51:49 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> Do you have a need to target the iPhone simulator for i386? Is x86-64 enough?


I guess x86-64 is enough. i386 only support ios10,  seems outdated.
July 01
On 2020-07-01 18:43, Calvin P wrote:

> I guess x86-64 is enough. i386 only support ios10,  seems outdated.

Yes, 32 bit is deprecated.

-- 
/Jacob Carlborg