View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
February 06, 2011
Debugging D?
Are debug symbols compiled with -gc stored in a separate file? Visual Studio
refuses to debug my things, and windbg seems to be remarkably unhelpful.
February 06, 2011
Re: Debugging D?
> Are debug symbols compiled with -gc stored in a separate file? Visual  
> Studio refuses to debug my things

Nope.
Plus you need to use cv2pdb to debug with Visual
February 06, 2011
Re: Debugging D?
On 06/02/11 20:29, Sean Eskapp wrote:
> Are debug symbols compiled with -gc stored in a separate file? Visual Studio
> refuses to debug my things, and windbg seems to be remarkably unhelpful.

I suggest you take a look at VisualD if you're using visual studio, it 
will handle converting debug info so that visual studio can understand 
it, and give you some intellisense.

http://www.dsource.org/projects/visuald

-- 
Robert
http://octarineparrot.com/
February 06, 2011
Re: Debugging D?
== Quote from Robert Clipsham (robert@octarineparrot.com)'s article
> On 06/02/11 20:29, Sean Eskapp wrote:
> > Are debug symbols compiled with -gc stored in a separate file? Visual Studio
> > refuses to debug my things, and windbg seems to be remarkably unhelpful.
> I suggest you take a look at VisualD if you're using visual studio, it
> will handle converting debug info so that visual studio can understand
> it, and give you some intellisense.
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/visuald

I'm using VisualD already, but the project is configured using Makefiles, and I
don't want to go through the hassle of changing project configs in two locations.
Is there any way to still get Visual Studio debugging information if it's a
makefile project?
February 07, 2011
Re: Debugging D?
On 06/02/11 22:28, Sean Eskapp wrote:
> == Quote from Robert Clipsham (robert@octarineparrot.com)'s article
>> On 06/02/11 20:29, Sean Eskapp wrote:
>>> Are debug symbols compiled with -gc stored in a separate file? Visual Studio
>>> refuses to debug my things, and windbg seems to be remarkably unhelpful.
>> I suggest you take a look at VisualD if you're using visual studio, it
>> will handle converting debug info so that visual studio can understand
>> it, and give you some intellisense.
>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/visuald
>
> I'm using VisualD already, but the project is configured using Makefiles, and I
> don't want to go through the hassle of changing project configs in two locations.
> Is there any way to still get Visual Studio debugging information if it's a
> makefile project?

As Trass3r said, you can run the object file through cv2pdb - I've never 
used this though so I can't tell you how to use it. Take a look at 
http://dsource.org/projects/cv2pdb for more information, I guess you 
just need to add another command to your make file.

-- 
Robert
http://octarineparrot.com/
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home