Thread overview
Filling an associated array of associated arrays
Jan 14
Jamie
Jan 14
mipri
Jan 15
Jamie
January 14
I'm trying to initialise an associated array of associated arrays with values, taking the same approach I would for an associated array:

string[string][string] table = [
    "info" : [
        "equation" : "H2 + I2 <=> 2HI",
        "type" : "elementary",
        ],
    "frc" : [
        "A" : "1.2e9",
        "n" : "1.2e9",
        "C" : "1.2e9",
        ],
    ];

But I'm getting the error `Not an associative array initializer'.
Is there a way to do this in the fashion that I'm trying?

I can declare it like

string[string][string] table;
table["info"]["equation"] = "H2 + I2 <=> 2HI";
table["info"]["type"] = "elementary";

But don't see why the first way wouldn't work.

January 14
On Tuesday, 14 January 2020 at 23:23:51 UTC, Jamie wrote:
> I'm trying to initialise an associated array of associated arrays with values, taking the same approach I would for an associated array:

This works:

  import std.stdio;

  void main() {
      string[string][string] table = ([
      "info" : [
          "equation" : "H2 + I2 <=> 2HI",
          "type" : "elementary",
          ],
      "frc" : [
          "A" : "1.2e9",
          "n" : "1.2e9",
          "C" : "1.2e9",
          ],
      ]);
      writeln(table);
  }

c.f. https://issues.dlang.org/show_bug.cgi?id=17607

I found that by searching the forums for your error.
January 15
On Tuesday, 14 January 2020 at 23:59:59 UTC, mipri wrote:
> On Tuesday, 14 January 2020 at 23:23:51 UTC, Jamie wrote:
>
> c.f. https://issues.dlang.org/show_bug.cgi?id=17607
>
> I found that by searching the forums for your error.

That has fixed my issue. I had searched the forums for relevant topics, but not the error itself. A lesson for me.

Cheers