View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
June 08, 2011
Best article vote tally
[1] Introduction to std.datetime by Jonathan M Davis
http://is.gd/roLvbu

0

[2] Concurrency, Parallelism and D by Dave Simcha
http://davesdprogramming.wordpress.com/2011/04/07/7/

8

[3] Getting more fiber in your diet by Robert Clipsham
http://octarineparrot.com/article/view/getting-more-fiber-in-your-diet

7

[4] D Slices by Steve Schveighoffer
http://www.dsource.org/projects/dcollections/wiki/ArrayArticle

8

[5] Have Your Efficiency, and Flexibility Too by Nick SAbalausky
http://www.semitwist.com/articles/EfficientAndFlexible/SinglePage/

2


Looks like we have a tie. Darn it. I don't really want to do Solomon's solution!
June 08, 2011
Re: Best article vote tally - WE HAVE TWO WINNERS!
On 6/7/2011 9:54 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> Looks like we have a tie. Darn it. I don't really want to do Solomon's solution!

!!!!Brad Roberts has generously stepped in to donate an extra iPad2!!!!

So congratulations to our two winners of the first D Article contest!

Dave & Steve, please email me your shipping addresses.

Certainly, honorable mention goes to Robert for being a very close third, and 
for the fine articles as well by Nick and Jonathan. Judging by the quality of 
the articles, I call this contest a big success.

And a big thank you to Brad!
June 08, 2011
Re: Best article vote tally - WE HAVE TWO WINNERS!
On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 22:22:52 -0700, Walter Bright wrote:

> !!!!Brad Roberts has generously stepped in to donate an extra iPad2!!!!

Whoah. Brad is making it rain.
June 08, 2011
Re: Best article vote tally - WE HAVE TWO WINNERS!
On 6/7/2011 10:29 PM, Bernard Helyer wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 22:22:52 -0700, Walter Bright wrote:
> 
>> !!!!Brad Roberts has generously stepped in to donate an extra iPad2!!!!
> 
> Whoah. Brad is making it rain.

Hrm.. Walter's the one who added all the silly !'s and is donating one of them.  He deserves much of the credit.

Good work guys.

Later,
Brad
June 08, 2011
Re: Best article vote tally - WE HAVE TWO WINNERS!
On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 22:27:04 -0700, Brad Roberts wrote:


> Hrm.. Walter's the one who added all the silly !'s and is donating one
> of them.  He deserves much of the credit.
> 
> Good work guys.
> 
> Later,
> Brad

Well sure, but we all know Walter's a pimp.*






*Thank you Walter! 





(Keep that pimp hand strong!)
June 08, 2011
Re: Best article vote tally - WE HAVE TWO WINNERS!
On 6/8/11 12:27 AM, Brad Roberts wrote:
> On 6/7/2011 10:29 PM, Bernard Helyer wrote:
>> On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 22:22:52 -0700, Walter Bright wrote:
>>
>>> !!!!Brad Roberts has generously stepped in to donate an extra iPad2!!!!
>>
>> Whoah. Brad is making it rain.
>
> Hrm.. Walter's the one who added all the silly !'s and is donating one of them.  He deserves much of the credit.
>
> Good work guys.
>
> Later,
> Brad

This is very gracious of you, Brad.

Andrei
June 08, 2011
Re: Best article vote tally - WE HAVE TWO WINNERS!
On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 22:22:52 -0700, Walter Bright wrote:

> On 6/7/2011 9:54 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>> Looks like we have a tie. Darn it. I don't really want to do Solomon's
>> solution!
> 
> !!!!Brad Roberts has generously stepped in to donate an extra iPad2!!!!
> 
> So congratulations to our two winners of the first D Article contest!
> 
> Dave & Steve, please email me your shipping addresses.
> 
> Certainly, honorable mention goes to Robert for being a very close
> third, and for the fine articles as well by Nick and Jonathan. Judging
> by the quality of the articles, I call this contest a big success.
> 
> And a big thank you to Brad!

Congratulations to both winners!
Pfft, if I have had time to vote, I might have
robbed one of his prize (sorry Brad). :)
June 09, 2011
Re: Best article vote tally - WE HAVE TWO WINNERS!
On Wed, 8 Jun 2011, Moritz Warning wrote:

> Congratulations to both winners!
> Pfft, if I have had time to vote, I might have
> robbed one of his prize (sorry Brad). :)

I hadn't brought it up yet, but the fact that there were only 25 votes 
is, really, fairly sad.  I too didn't vote.  I know this community is 
_far_ larger than 25 people.  Heck, even the number of posters to this 
forum is larger.

Why?

Later,
Brad
June 09, 2011
Re: Best article vote tally - WE HAVE TWO WINNERS!
Am 09.06.2011 03:57, schrieb Brad Roberts:
> On Wed, 8 Jun 2011, Moritz Warning wrote:
> 
>> Congratulations to both winners!
>> Pfft, if I have had time to vote, I might have
>> robbed one of his prize (sorry Brad). :)
> 
> I hadn't brought it up yet, but the fact that there were only 25 votes 
> is, really, fairly sad.  I too didn't vote.  I know this community is 
> _far_ larger than 25 people.  Heck, even the number of posters to this 
> forum is larger.
> 
> Why?
> 
> Later,
> Brad
> 

Maybe some people didn't have the time or motivation to read all articles?
Or they couldn't decide which article to vote for (and this indeed was
really hard)?

So what was your reason not to vote? ;)

Cheers,
- Daniel
June 09, 2011
Re: Best article vote tally - WE HAVE TWO WINNERS!
Brad Roberts wrote:
> I hadn't brought it up yet, but the fact that there were only 25
> votes is, really, fairly sad. [...] Why?

I don't like making decisions like this. I don't feel like I'm picking
a winner when voting - instead, I feel like I'm picking 4 losers.

Yes, I know it's silly, but I'm like that on even trivial decisions
like "what's for dinner". Corn is great, but then the peas will feel
left out :-(
« First   ‹ Prev
1 2 3 4 5
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home