January 02, 2012
On my machine, the following program causes an access violation in druntime instead of throwing an AssertError.

module test;
void foo(int x){assert(x);}
void main(){foo(0);}

dmd -run test
-- killed by signal 11


Is this a regression or a problem with my setup (DMD 2.057 on Ubuntu 11.10 64 bit)?
Can anyone reproduce this?
January 02, 2012
On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 7:51 PM, Timon Gehr <timon.gehr@gmx.ch> wrote:

> On my machine, the following program causes an access violation in druntime instead of throwing an AssertError.
>
> module test;
> void foo(int x){assert(x);}
> void main(){foo(0);}
>
> dmd -run test
> -- killed by signal 11
>
>
> Is this a regression or a problem with my setup (DMD 2.057 on Ubuntu 11.10
> 64 bit)?
> Can anyone reproduce this?
>

mine throws an AssertError.

DMD 2.057, Ubuntu 11.10 64bit


January 02, 2012
Am 02.01.2012 02:51, schrieb Timon Gehr:
> On my machine, the following program causes an access violation in
> druntime instead of throwing an AssertError.
>
> module test;
> void foo(int x){assert(x);}
> void main(){foo(0);}
>
> dmd -run test
> -- killed by signal 11
>
>
> Is this a regression or a problem with my setup (DMD 2.057 on Ubuntu
> 11.10 64 bit)?
> Can anyone reproduce this?

Seems like an 64 bit error. On my Ubuntu 11.10 machine (32bit) with the same dmd version, it "works" as expected.
January 02, 2012
Am 02.01.2012 03:07, schrieb Joshua Reusch:
> Am 02.01.2012 02:51, schrieb Timon Gehr:
>> On my machine, the following program causes an access violation in
>> druntime instead of throwing an AssertError.
>>
>> module test;
>> void foo(int x){assert(x);}
>> void main(){foo(0);}
>>
>> dmd -run test
>> -- killed by signal 11
>>
>>
>> Is this a regression or a problem with my setup (DMD 2.057 on Ubuntu
>> 11.10 64 bit)?
>> Can anyone reproduce this?
>
> Seems like an 64 bit error. On my Ubuntu 11.10 machine (32bit) with the
> same dmd version, it "works" as expected.

Ok, after Caligo: no 64 bit error ...
January 02, 2012
On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 8:07 PM, Joshua Reusch <yoschi@arkandos.de> wrote:

> Am 02.01.2012 02:51, schrieb Timon Gehr:
>
>  On my machine, the following program causes an access violation in
>> druntime instead of throwing an AssertError.
>>
>> module test;
>> void foo(int x){assert(x);}
>> void main(){foo(0);}
>>
>> dmd -run test
>> -- killed by signal 11
>>
>>
>> Is this a regression or a problem with my setup (DMD 2.057 on Ubuntu
>> 11.10 64 bit)?
>> Can anyone reproduce this?
>>
>
> Seems like an 64 bit error. On my Ubuntu 11.10 machine (32bit) with the same dmd version, it "works" as expected.
>

I have the same exact setup as the OP, and mine works as expected, too.
 Doesn't seem like a 64-bit issue.


January 02, 2012
On 01/02/2012 03:02 AM, Caligo wrote:
>
>
> On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 7:51 PM, Timon Gehr <timon.gehr@gmx.ch
> <mailto:timon.gehr@gmx.ch>> wrote:
>
>     On my machine, the following program causes an access violation in
>     druntime instead of throwing an AssertError.
>
>     module test;
>     void foo(int x){assert(x);}
>     void main(){foo(0);}
>
>     dmd -run test
>     -- killed by signal 11
>
>
>     Is this a regression or a problem with my setup (DMD 2.057 on Ubuntu
>     11.10 64 bit)?
>     Can anyone reproduce this?
>
>
> mine throws an AssertError.
>
> DMD 2.057, Ubuntu 11.10 64bit

Ok, thank you.

I wonder what might cause this...

I have the same issue with the following program with the -m32 flag. With -m64 it terminates normally instead of throwing.
void main(){throw new Throwable("moo");}
January 02, 2012
On 2 January 2012 02:51, Timon Gehr <timon.gehr@gmx.ch> wrote:

> Is this a regression or a problem with my setup (DMD 2.057 on Ubuntu 11.10
> 64 bit)?
> Can anyone reproduce this?
>

I get an assert error. Using DMD 2.057 and Arch Linux, but on 32 bit. So I assume that might be it?


January 02, 2012
On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 03:23:00 +0100, Timon Gehr <timon.gehr@gmx.ch> wrote:

> On 01/02/2012 03:02 AM, Caligo wrote:
>>
>>
>> On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 7:51 PM, Timon Gehr <timon.gehr@gmx.ch
>> <mailto:timon.gehr@gmx.ch>> wrote:
>>
>>     On my machine, the following program causes an access violation in
>>     druntime instead of throwing an AssertError.
>>
>>     module test;
>>     void foo(int x){assert(x);}
>>     void main(){foo(0);}
>>
>>     dmd -run test
>>     -- killed by signal 11
>>
>>
>>     Is this a regression or a problem with my setup (DMD 2.057 on Ubuntu
>>     11.10 64 bit)?
>>     Can anyone reproduce this?
>>
>>
>> mine throws an AssertError.
>>
>> DMD 2.057, Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
>
> Ok, thank you.
>
> I wonder what might cause this...
>
> I have the same issue with the following program with the -m32 flag. With -m64 it terminates normally instead of throwing.
> void main(){throw new Throwable("moo");}

The latter might be related to
http://d.puremagic.com/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=7076.
January 02, 2012
On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 12:51:20 +1100, Timon Gehr <timon.gehr@gmx.ch> wrote:

> On my machine, the following program causes an access violation in druntime instead of throwing an AssertError.
>
> module test;
> void foo(int x){assert(x);}
> void main(){foo(0);}
>
> dmd -run test
> -- killed by signal 11
>
>
> Is this a regression or a problem with my setup (DMD 2.057 on Ubuntu 11.10 64 bit)?
> Can anyone reproduce this?


Yes I can ....


On my machine, the following program causes an access violation in
druntime instead of throwing an AssertError.

module test;
void foo(int x){assert(x);}
void main(){foo(0);}

dmd -run test
-- killed by signal 11


Is this a regression or a problem with my setup (DMD 2.057 on Ubuntu
11.10 64 bit)?
Can anyone reproduce this?


-- 
Derek Parnell
Melbourne, Australia
January 02, 2012
On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 14:36:37 +1100, Derek <ddparnell@bigpond.com> wrote:
> Can anyone reproduce this?


May I did have one too many beers today ...


-- 
Derek Parnell
Melbourne, Australia
« First   ‹ Prev
1 2
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home