View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
January 04, 2012
CURL question on ubuntuforums.org
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=11558146

Andrei
January 04, 2012
Re: CURL question on ubuntuforums.org
On Wednesday, 4 January 2012 at 15:54:26 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu 
wrote:
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=11558146

Curious: do you have a Google Alert set up for "D programming 
language"?
January 04, 2012
Re: CURL question on ubuntuforums.org
On 1/4/12 10:06 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Wednesday, 4 January 2012 at 15:54:26 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=11558146
>
> Curious: do you have a Google Alert set up for "D programming language"?

Yes.

Andrei
January 04, 2012
Re: CURL question on ubuntuforums.org
Weird, it does not segfault here. Could it be some buggy Curl build?

-- 
Dejan Lekic - http://dejan.lekic.org
January 04, 2012
Re: CURL question on ubuntuforums.org
On 04.01.2012 17:26, Dejan Lekic wrote:
>
> Weird, it does not segfault here. Could it be some buggy Curl build?
>

Could be. I've gotten similar segfaults on windows using wrong builds.
January 04, 2012
Re: CURL question on ubuntuforums.org
On 1/4/12 11:03 AM, simendsjo wrote:
> On 04.01.2012 17:26, Dejan Lekic wrote:
>>
>> Weird, it does not segfault here. Could it be some buggy Curl build?
>>
>
> Could be. I've gotten similar segfaults on windows using wrong builds.

You folks may want to reply to that thread (e.g. inviting the OP here 
for further issue investigation).

Andrei
January 04, 2012
Re: CURL question on ubuntuforums.org
Le 04/01/2012 16:54, Andrei Alexandrescu a écrit :
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=11558146
>
> Andrei

I do not use ubuntu anymore. But the version of gdc in ubuntu's 
repository has been bugguy for a long time, and still may be bugguy.

I did mention that in the newgroup as well as on ubuntu's forum. This is 
a bad advertisement for D, but broken packages are quite common on 
ubuntu (gd lib for PHP has been broken for years).
January 04, 2012
Re: CURL question on ubuntuforums.org
Am 04.01.2012 17:26, Dejan Lekic wrote:
>
> Weird, it does not segfault here. Could it be some buggy Curl build?
>

Just installed libcurl from the repos and also got a segfault.

System: Ubuntu 11.10 32bit, dmd 2.057
the versions of libcurl3 and libcurl4-openssl-dev 7.21.6-3ubuntu3, the 
version string in the etc.c.curl header is 7.21.4 (is this a problem?)

OT: Why does dmd ignore the pragma(lib, ...) in the etc.c.curl module 
while rdmd seems to recognize it?
January 05, 2012
Re: CURL question on ubuntuforums.org
"Joshua Reusch" <yoschi@arkandos.de> wrote in message 
news:je26q8$19oo$1@digitalmars.com...
>
> OT: Why does dmd ignore the pragma(lib, ...) in the etc.c.curl module 
> while rdmd seems to recognize it?

What I think is happening:

The pragma(lib, ...) causes DMD's -deps=filename option to include the 
library file in the dependency list that gets output. RDMD takes that list 
and sends everything in it back to DMD on the command line. Apperently, DMD 
is only forwarding libs to the linker when it receives them on the command 
line (though I don't know why, sounds like a bug to me).
January 05, 2012
Re: CURL question on ubuntuforums.org
On 2012-01-05 11:00, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "Joshua Reusch"<yoschi@arkandos.de>  wrote in message
> news:je26q8$19oo$1@digitalmars.com...
>>
>> OT: Why does dmd ignore the pragma(lib, ...) in the etc.c.curl module
>> while rdmd seems to recognize it?
>
> What I think is happening:
>
> The pragma(lib, ...) causes DMD's -deps=filename option to include the
> library file in the dependency list that gets output. RDMD takes that list
> and sends everything in it back to DMD on the command line. Apperently, DMD
> is only forwarding libs to the linker when it receives them on the command
> line (though I don't know why, sounds like a bug to me).

Isn't that what it's supposed to do, just forward the lib to the linker?

-- 
/Jacob Carlborg
« First   ‹ Prev
1 2
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home