January 16, 2012
I just added a handy script, tools/update.sh.

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools/commit/cc4e3c07c2ebb19dbb90c2d29c828f5fb714e605

It's useful for people who work on dmd and want to either download anew or freshen their repositories.

Comments and ideas are welcome.


Andrei
January 16, 2012
Al 16/01/12 01:32, En/na Andrei Alexandrescu ha escrit:
> I just added a handy script, tools/update.sh.
> 
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools/commit/cc4e3c07c2ebb19dbb90c2d29c828f5fb714e605
> 
> It's useful for people who work on dmd and want to either download anew or freshen their repositories.
> 
> Comments and ideas are welcome.
> 
> 
> Andrei
> 

I got attached errors on Ubuntu 11.04 64-bit, zsh v.4.3.11

-- 
Jordi Sayol


January 16, 2012
On 1/15/12 7:39 PM, Jordi Sayol wrote:
> Al 16/01/12 01:32, En/na Andrei Alexandrescu ha escrit:
>> I just added a handy script, tools/update.sh.
>>
>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools/commit/cc4e3c07c2ebb19dbb90c2d29c828f5fb714e605
>>
>> It's useful for people who work on dmd and want to either download anew or freshen their repositories.
>>
>> Comments and ideas are welcome.
>>
>>
>> Andrei
>>
>
> I got attached errors on Ubuntu 11.04 64-bit, zsh v.4.3.11

Thanks for looking into this, Jordi.

Looks like the issue is this:

git clone git@github.com:D-Programming-Language/dmd.git

Do you have a github account set up that would let you run the command above? If not, I wonder how the situation can be detected and what instructions to give the user.


Andrei

January 16, 2012
On 1/15/2012 6:28 PM, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 1/15/12 7:39 PM, Jordi Sayol wrote:
>> Al 16/01/12 01:32, En/na Andrei Alexandrescu ha escrit:
>>> I just added a handy script, tools/update.sh.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools/commit/cc4e3c07c2ebb19dbb90c2d29c828f5fb714e605
>>>
>>> It's useful for people who work on dmd and want to either download anew or freshen their repositories.
>>>
>>> Comments and ideas are welcome.
>>>
>>>
>>> Andrei
>>>
>>
>> I got attached errors on Ubuntu 11.04 64-bit, zsh v.4.3.11
> 
> Thanks for looking into this, Jordi.
> 
> Looks like the issue is this:
> 
> git clone git@github.com:D-Programming-Language/dmd.git
> 
> Do you have a github account set up that would let you run the command above? If not, I wonder how the situation can be detected and what instructions to give the user.
> 
> 
> Andrei

IMHO, if you're building from source, you might as well take the time to setup a github account.  Otherwise, what's the point?  Might as well grab the release binaries.
January 16, 2012
Al 16/01/12 03:28, En/na Andrei Alexandrescu ha escrit:
> On 1/15/12 7:39 PM, Jordi Sayol wrote:
>> Al 16/01/12 01:32, En/na Andrei Alexandrescu ha escrit:
>>> I just added a handy script, tools/update.sh.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools/commit/cc4e3c07c2ebb19dbb90c2d29c828f5fb714e605
>>>
>>> It's useful for people who work on dmd and want to either download anew or freshen their repositories.
>>>
>>> Comments and ideas are welcome.
>>>
>>>
>>> Andrei
>>>
>>
>> I got attached errors on Ubuntu 11.04 64-bit, zsh v.4.3.11
> 
> Thanks for looking into this, Jordi.
> 
> Looks like the issue is this:
> 
> git clone git@github.com:D-Programming-Language/dmd.git
> 
> Do you have a github account set up that would let you run the command above? If not, I wonder how the situation can be detected and what instructions to give the user.
> 
> 
> Andrei
> 
> 

I've a github account and the above command returns the same error than update.sh script.

however, this command successfully finish:

$ git clone https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/d-programming-language.org.git

-- 
Jordi Sayol
January 16, 2012
On Monday, 16 January 2012 at 02:28:37 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> Looks like the issue is this:
>
> git clone git@github.com:D-Programming-Language/dmd.git
>
> Do you have a github account set up that would let you run the command above? If not, I wonder how the situation can be detected and what instructions to give the user.
>
>
> Andrei

Note that the line shown is using pulling as the D-Programming-Language organization, so only members there will have such access. You could use the read only version:

git://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools.git

I might suggest using:

git clone -o upstream git://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools.git

for cloning a new repository. This would allow developers to add their fork of the repository as origin (Default remote name). So now the update script would have to pull from upstream instead of origin to do the update... This will be a common setup for not D-Programming-Language organization members.
January 16, 2012
On 1/15/12 9:15 PM, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> Note that the line shown is using pulling as the D-Programming-Language
> organization, so only members there will have such access. You could use
> the read only version:
>
> git://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools.git
>
> I might suggest using:
>
> git clone -o upstream git://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools.git
>
> for cloning a new repository. This would allow developers to add their
> fork of the repository as origin (Default remote name). So now the
> update script would have to pull from upstream instead of origin to do
> the update... This will be a common setup for not D-Programming-Language
> organization members.

Updated, please advise. Thanks!

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools/commit/c5c61a67b7f043f8127d3bf92c98d19a30d6b06d

Andrei
January 16, 2012
Al 16/01/12 05:16, En/na Andrei Alexandrescu ha escrit:
> On 1/15/12 9:15 PM, Jesse Phillips wrote:
>> Note that the line shown is using pulling as the D-Programming-Language organization, so only members there will have such access. You could use the read only version:
>>
>> git://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools.git
>>
>> I might suggest using:
>>
>> git clone -o upstream git://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools.git
>>
>> for cloning a new repository. This would allow developers to add their fork of the repository as origin (Default remote name). So now the update script would have to pull from upstream instead of origin to do the update... This will be a common setup for not D-Programming-Language organization members.
> 
> Updated, please advise. Thanks!
> 
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools/commit/c5c61a67b7f043f8127d3bf92c98d19a30d6b06d
> 
> Andrei
> 

Now it works! But always compiles to 32-bit. Can it pass MODEL=xx to make?

-- 
Jordi Sayol
January 16, 2012
On 1/15/12 11:07 PM, Jordi Sayol wrote:
> Now it works! But always compiles to 32-bit. Can it pass MODEL=xx to make?

Done.

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools/commit/f4af4d29a66e5152da92e28550a607d1252840e4


Andrei

January 16, 2012
"Andrei Alexandrescu" <SeeWebsiteForEmail@erdani.org> wrote in message news:jevr6q$8vp$1@digitalmars.com...
>I just added a handy script, tools/update.sh.
>
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools/commit/cc4e3c07c2ebb19dbb90c2d29c828f5fb714e605
>
> It's useful for people who work on dmd and want to either download anew or freshen their repositories.
>
> Comments and ideas are welcome.
>
>

Soo...you made a tool to do what DVM already does? ;)


« First   ‹ Prev
1 2 3
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home