June 26, 2012
The voting is over, and, not surprising, std.uuid is accepted for inclusion into Phobos with 10 "yes" vs 0 "no" votes total.

Congratulations, Johannes! Time to roll up pull request ;)

Votes counted as YES:
	1. Alex Rønne Petersen
	2. John Chapman
	3. Jesse Phillips
	4. Jonathan M Davis
	5. Jonas Drewsen
	6. Mike Wey
	7. Me
	8. Masahiro Nakagawa
	9. David Nadlinger (on condition of fixing @trusted)
	10. Bernard Helyer

P.S. I'm glad we did it. Any new candidates?
Let's keep reviews going, as I recall there were some crowding in review queue already.

-- 
Dmitry Olshansky

June 26, 2012
Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> The voting is over, and, not surprising, std.uuid is accepted for inclusion into Phobos with 10 "yes" vs 0 "no" votes total.
> 
> Congratulations, Johannes! Time to roll up pull request ;)
> 
> Votes counted as YES:
> 	1. Alex Rønne Petersen
> 	2. John Chapman
> 	3. Jesse Phillips
> 	4. Jonathan M Davis
> 	5. Jonas Drewsen
> 	6. Mike Wey
> 	7. Me
> 	8. Masahiro Nakagawa
> 	9. David Nadlinger (on condition of fixing @trusted)
> 	10. Bernard Helyer
> 
> P.S. I'm glad we did it. Any new candidates?
> Let's keep reviews going, as I recall there were some crowding in
> review queue already.

I think the most up to date list is here
http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?ReviewQueue
Andrei is preparing std.benchmark for review. I do not know about other
candidates.

BTW there is also https://trello.com/board/phobos-review-queue/4f33d3c6542c156960533efb

It should be decided what is the official source regarding reviews. It seemed as if it would be moved over to Trello in the hope for a better organization. If there is a consensus I will move all information from the Wiki to Trello.

Jens
June 26, 2012
On 27-Jun-12 01:00, Jens Mueller wrote:
> Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
>> The voting is over, and, not surprising, std.uuid is accepted for
>> inclusion into Phobos with 10 "yes" vs 0 "no" votes total.
>>
>> Congratulations, Johannes! Time to roll up pull request ;)
>>
>> Votes counted as YES:
>> 	1. Alex Rønne Petersen
>> 	2. John Chapman
>> 	3. Jesse Phillips
>> 	4. Jonathan M Davis
>> 	5. Jonas Drewsen
>> 	6. Mike Wey
>> 	7. Me
>> 	8. Masahiro Nakagawa
>> 	9. David Nadlinger (on condition of fixing @trusted)
>> 	10. Bernard Helyer
>>
>> P.S. I'm glad we did it. Any new candidates?
>> Let's keep reviews going, as I recall there were some crowding in
>> review queue already.
>
> I think the most up to date list is here
> http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?ReviewQueue
> Andrei is preparing std.benchmark for review. I do not know about other
> candidates.

Great, I'd love to see it in Phobos.

However I believe it's important to have alternatives. Review requires certain amount of spare time from BOTH reviewers and the author. It not at all unexpected for author to suddenly not have enough of spare time for current review cycle.

> BTW there is also
> https://trello.com/board/phobos-review-queue/4f33d3c6542c156960533efb
>
> It should be decided what is the official source regarding reviews. It
> seemed as if it would be moved over to Trello in the hope for a better
> organization. If there is a consensus I will move all information from
> the Wiki to Trello.

The trello has the disadvantage of being even less public/popular/obvious then D wiki. D wiki has the only disadvantage of it having a big pile of junk coming from the old D1 days.

I don't think Trello is a net improvement at all but I may be missing something.


-- 
Dmitry Olshansky


June 27, 2012
On 26-06-2012 23:16, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> On 27-Jun-12 01:00, Jens Mueller wrote:
>> Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
>>> The voting is over, and, not surprising, std.uuid is accepted for
>>> inclusion into Phobos with 10 "yes" vs 0 "no" votes total.
>>>
>>> Congratulations, Johannes! Time to roll up pull request ;)
>>>
>>> Votes counted as YES:
>>>     1. Alex Rønne Petersen
>>>     2. John Chapman
>>>     3. Jesse Phillips
>>>     4. Jonathan M Davis
>>>     5. Jonas Drewsen
>>>     6. Mike Wey
>>>     7. Me
>>>     8. Masahiro Nakagawa
>>>     9. David Nadlinger (on condition of fixing @trusted)
>>>     10. Bernard Helyer
>>>
>>> P.S. I'm glad we did it. Any new candidates?
>>> Let's keep reviews going, as I recall there were some crowding in
>>> review queue already.
>>
>> I think the most up to date list is here
>> http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?ReviewQueue
>> Andrei is preparing std.benchmark for review. I do not know about other
>> candidates.
>
> Great, I'd love to see it in Phobos.
>
> However I believe it's important to have alternatives. Review requires
> certain amount of spare time from BOTH reviewers and the author. It not
> at all unexpected for author to suddenly not have enough of spare time
> for current review cycle.
>
>> BTW there is also
>> https://trello.com/board/phobos-review-queue/4f33d3c6542c156960533efb
>>
>> It should be decided what is the official source regarding reviews. It
>> seemed as if it would be moved over to Trello in the hope for a better
>> organization. If there is a consensus I will move all information from
>> the Wiki to Trello.
>
> The trello has the disadvantage of being even less
> public/popular/obvious then D wiki. D wiki has the only disadvantage of
> it having a big pile of junk coming from the old D1 days.
>
> I don't think Trello is a net improvement at all but I may be missing
> something.
>
>

For starters, we could put a link to the Trello org on dlang.org.

-- 
Alex Rønne Petersen
alex@lycus.org
http://lycus.org


June 27, 2012
Congrats!
July 01, 2012
Am Tue, 26 Jun 2012 23:42:22 +0400
schrieb Dmitry Olshansky <dmitry.olsh@gmail.com>:

> The voting is over, and, not surprising, std.uuid is accepted for inclusion into Phobos with 10 "yes" vs 0 "no" votes total.
> 
> Congratulations, Johannes! Time to roll up pull request ;)
> 
> Votes counted as YES:
> 	1. Alex Rønne Petersen
> 	2. John Chapman
> 	3. Jesse Phillips
> 	4. Jonathan M Davis
> 	5. Jonas Drewsen
> 	6. Mike Wey
> 	7. Me
> 	8. Masahiro Nakagawa
> 	9. David Nadlinger (on condition of fixing @trusted)
> 	10. Bernard Helyer
> 
> P.S. I'm glad we did it. Any new candidates?
> Let's keep reviews going, as I recall there were some crowding in
> review queue already.
> 

Thanks!
The pull request(s) are here:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/651
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/d-programming-language.org/pull/133

Took a little longer as I had to fix some small 64bit errors and annoying problems with the windows makefile (adding std.uuid to the existing SRC_STD_x or SRC_STD_REST caused out of memory errors for the autotester. I had to add a new SRC_STD_4 to make it work)

Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home