Thread overview
Terminix renamed to Tilix
Mar 20
Gerald
Mar 20
Gerald
Mar 21
Gerald
Mar 21
Meta
March 20
Terminix, a Linux GTK3 tiling terminal emulator written in D, has been renamed to Tilix due to trademark infringement issues with the Terminix International corporation. The new URLs for Tilix are as follows:

Website: https://gnunn1.github.io/tilix-web
Github Repo: https://github.com/gnunn1/tilix

As always, anyone is interested in participating in the development of Tilix feel free to drop me a line.
March 20
On Monday, 20 March 2017 at 16:56:02 UTC, Gerald wrote:
> Terminix, a Linux GTK3 tiling terminal emulator written in D, has been renamed to Tilix due to trademark infringement issues with the Terminix International corporation.

I'm sure you don't want the hassle, but you might be able to fight and win that, since you are in completely different industries, there isn't much room for reasonably confusion with their trademark.

oh well though, at least it redirects all the old  stuff to you still.
March 20
On Monday, 20 March 2017 at 17:25:01 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Monday, 20 March 2017 at 16:56:02 UTC, Gerald wrote:
>> Terminix, a Linux GTK3 tiling terminal emulator written in D, has been renamed to Tilix due to trademark infringement issues with the Terminix International corporation.
>
> I'm sure you don't want the hassle, but you might be able to fight and win that, since you are in completely different industries, there isn't much room for reasonably confusion with their trademark.
>
> oh well though, at least it redirects all the old  stuff to you still.

The defence would be dilution of trademark which allows you to contest un-related infringements. However you are quire right in that I don't feel like dealing with the hassle. :)
March 21
On Monday, 20 March 2017 at 16:56:02 UTC, Gerald wrote:
> Terminix, a Linux GTK3 tiling terminal emulator written in D, has been renamed to Tilix due to trademark infringement issues with the Terminix International corporation. The new URLs for Tilix are as follows:
>
> Website: https://gnunn1.github.io/tilix-web
> Github Repo: https://github.com/gnunn1/tilix
>
> As always, anyone is interested in participating in the development of Tilix feel free to drop me a line.

So, is Ubuntu Budgie going to use Tilix as default? [1]
That's a big news for D imo :)

https://github.com/UbuntuBudgie/budgie-desktop-environment/issues/33

Andrea
March 21
On Tuesday, 21 March 2017 at 08:22:13 UTC, Andrea Fontana wrote:
> So, is Ubuntu Budgie going to use Tilix as default? [1]
> That's a big news for D imo :)
>
> https://github.com/UbuntuBudgie/budgie-desktop-environment/issues/33

That's their plan, they haven't asked me about it specifically but it's an interesting choice. I'm glad it's one of the smaller spins of Ubuntu, I don't think I could keep up with support cases if a larger one adopted Tilix as the default terminal.

Thanks for the reminder about this, I posted a note letting them know about the name change.

March 21
On Tuesday, 21 March 2017 at 12:17:58 UTC, Gerald wrote:
> On Tuesday, 21 March 2017 at 08:22:13 UTC, Andrea Fontana wrote:
>> So, is Ubuntu Budgie going to use Tilix as default? [1]
>> That's a big news for D imo :)
>>
>> https://github.com/UbuntuBudgie/budgie-desktop-environment/issues/33
>
> That's their plan, they haven't asked me about it specifically but it's an interesting choice. I'm glad it's one of the smaller spins of Ubuntu, I don't think I could keep up with support cases if a larger one adopted Tilix as the default terminal.
>
> Thanks for the reminder about this, I posted a note letting them know about the name change.

Wow, congratulations!
April 05
On Monday, 20 March 2017 at 16:56:02 UTC, Gerald wrote:
> Terminix, a Linux GTK3 tiling terminal emulator written in D, has been renamed to Tilix due to trademark infringement issues with the Terminix International corporation. The new URLs for Tilix are as follows:
>
> Website: https://gnunn1.github.io/tilix-web
> Github Repo: https://github.com/gnunn1/tilix
>
> As always, anyone is interested in participating in the development of Tilix feel free to drop me a line.

I have tried it on Ubuntu.
Works like a charm, thanks for the good work!
(I have set it as my default terminal :))