View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
August 03, 2012
Re: dmd 1.075 and 2.060 release
On Friday, August 03, 2012 08:44:59 Mike James wrote:
> "Walter Bright" <newshound2@digitalmars.com> wrote in message
> news:jvejr8$2s31$1@digitalmars.com...
> 
> > Another big pile of bug fixes. More contributors than ever!
> > 
> > http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/changelog.html
> > http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.075.zip
> > 
> > http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/changelog.html
> > https://github.com/downloads/D-Programming-Language/dmd/dmd.2.060.zip
> 
> Oh dear...
> 
> I've just updated to 2.060 from 2.059 using the Windows Install program. The
> code that compiled/linked successfully yesterday now comes up with the
> following errors...
> 
> OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 8.00.12
> Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989-2010  All rights reserved.
> http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/optlink.html
> Debug\DDS_Table_Generator.obj(DDS_Table_Generator)
>  Error 42: Symbol Undefined
> _D4core6memory2GC6qallocFkkZS4core6memory8BlkInfo_
> Debug\DDS_Table_Generator.obj(DDS_Table_Generator)
>  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D4core6memory2GC6extendFPvkkZk
> Debug\DDS_Table_Generator.obj(DDS_Table_Generator)
>  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D4core5bitop3bsrFNaNbkZi
> 
> Have some files failed to be updated?
> 
> Regards, Mike.

I think that that means that you have some old .di files. Uninstall and make 
sure that everything has been deleted. Then reinstall.

>From the sounds of it, the installer needs some improvement though.

- Jonathan M Davis
August 03, 2012
Re: dmd 1.075 and 2.060 release
"Jonathan M Davis" <jmdavisProg@gmx.com> wrote in message 
news:mailman.996.1343981351.31962.digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com...
> On Friday, August 03, 2012 08:44:59 Mike James wrote:
>> "Walter Bright" <newshound2@digitalmars.com> wrote in message
>> news:jvejr8$2s31$1@digitalmars.com...
>>
>> > Another big pile of bug fixes. More contributors than ever!
>> >
>> > http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/changelog.html
>> > http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.075.zip
>> >
>> > http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/changelog.html
>> > https://github.com/downloads/D-Programming-Language/dmd/dmd.2.060.zip
>>
>> Oh dear...
>>
>> I've just updated to 2.060 from 2.059 using the Windows Install program. 
>> The
>> code that compiled/linked successfully yesterday now comes up with the
>> following errors...
>>
>> OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 8.00.12
>> Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989-2010  All rights reserved.
>> http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/optlink.html
>> Debug\DDS_Table_Generator.obj(DDS_Table_Generator)
>>  Error 42: Symbol Undefined
>> _D4core6memory2GC6qallocFkkZS4core6memory8BlkInfo_
>> Debug\DDS_Table_Generator.obj(DDS_Table_Generator)
>>  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D4core6memory2GC6extendFPvkkZk
>> Debug\DDS_Table_Generator.obj(DDS_Table_Generator)
>>  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D4core5bitop3bsrFNaNbkZi
>>
>> Have some files failed to be updated?
>>
>> Regards, Mike.
>
> I think that that means that you have some old .di files. Uninstall and 
> make
> sure that everything has been deleted. Then reinstall.
>
>>From the sounds of it, the installer needs some improvement though.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

Thanks - I did a fresh install and now everythings back to normal :-)

Regards, Mike.
August 03, 2012
Re: dmd 1.075 and 2.060 release
On Thursday, 2 August 2012 at 19:19:04 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Another big pile of bug fixes. More contributors than ever!
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/changelog.html
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.075.zip
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/changelog.html
> https://github.com/downloads/D-Programming-Language/dmd/dmd.2.060.zip

Nice! Good to see a std.container get a DList.
Also, has something changed with core.simd? It's not showing in 
the library reference now, but I didn't see anything about a 
module change in the change log... ?
August 03, 2012
Re: dmd 1.075 and 2.060 release
On Friday, August 03, 2012 11:00:21 F i L wrote:
> On Thursday, 2 August 2012 at 19:19:04 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> > Another big pile of bug fixes. More contributors than ever!
> > 
> > http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/changelog.html
> > http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.075.zip
> > 
> > http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/changelog.html
> > https://github.com/downloads/D-Programming-Language/dmd/dmd.2.060.zip
> 
> Nice! Good to see a std.container get a DList.
> Also, has something changed with core.simd? It's not showing in
> the library reference now, but I didn't see anything about a
> module change in the change log... ?

It's still there. I have no idea why it doesn't show up in the online docs. 
You can report it though: http://d.puremagic.com/issues

- Jonathan m Davis
August 03, 2012
Re: dmd 1.075 and 2.060 release
Al 02/08/12 22:46, En/na Marco Leise ha escrit:
> 
> By the way, it would be great if the bash completion script was also available in the .zip distribution.
> 

By now, the bash completion script uses binary zip file (not its structure) to build deb packages, so there is not much sense to include these scripts on the release zip file. Anyway, zip, deb and rpm packages are always released at same time.

I know that this is not the standard way to build deb packages, but binaries inside these zip files have been tested.

Regards,
-- 
Jordi Sayol
August 03, 2012
Re: dmd 1.075 and 2.060 release
Andrei Alexandrescu, el  2 de August a las 19:28 me escribiste:
> On 8/2/12 7:15 PM, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> >We need changelog.dd for the new/changes section (which is where the problem
> >is in this case), but your suggestion makes sense for the bugzilla section. It
> >requires someone doing the work though. I threw together a quick program to
> >grab the bugfix list from bugzilla and write it to a file, which is why the
> >Phobos bugfix list is as complete as it is, but I have no idea how you'd go
> >about automating it in the web page (as assume you'd be looking to do). My
> >knowledge of web-related programming is negligible. So, I like the idea, but I
> >have no idea who's actually going to implement it.
>
> I was thinking of simply placing a link under "Bugs fixed".
>
> Regarding new features, we can continue putting them in changelog or
> we could describe them in bugzilla as "enhancement".

Is always nice to have a more human-oriented changelog, with a nicer
format than what bugzilla gives you, but of course you could do that
automatically making some script to pull the bug fixed from bugzilla.
Then you could edit that output manually if needed, preserving the
flexibility of the current approach.

--
Leandro Lucarella (AKA luca)                     http://llucax.com.ar/
----------------------------------------------------------------------
GPG Key: 5F5A8D05 (F8CD F9A7 BF00 5431 4145  104C 949E BFB6 5F5A 8D05)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Y Gloria Carrá, Gloria Estephan, Gloria Gaynor y Gloria Trevi.
	-- Peperino Pómoro
August 03, 2012
Re: dmd 1.075 and 2.060 release
On 2012-08-02 22:46, Marco Leise wrote:

> A new Gentoo ebuild is submitted for review as well. Thanks for the posix.mak changes and zlib update, I could delete quite a bit of my patch. By the way, it would be great if the bash completion script was also available in the .zip distribution.

Is there a bash completion script, where?

-- 
/Jacob Carlborg
August 03, 2012
Re: dmd 1.075 and 2.060 release
On 2012-08-03 10:25, Mike James wrote:

> Thanks - I did a fresh install and now everythings back to normal :-)

Just use DVM: https://bitbucket.org/doob/dvm
No problems, supports multiple installations of DMD.

-- 
/Jacob Carlborg
August 03, 2012
Re: dmd 1.075 and 2.060 release
Al 03/08/12 14:29, En/na Jacob Carlborg ha escrit:
> On 2012-08-02 22:46, Marco Leise wrote:
> 
>> A new Gentoo ebuild is submitted for review as well. Thanks for the posix.mak changes and zlib update, I could delete quite a bit of my patch. By the way, it would be great if the bash completion script was also available in the .zip distribution.
> 
> Is there a bash completion script, where?
> 

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/installer/blob/master/linux/dmd-completion

It's based on "d-completion.sh" at https://github.com/Lutger/d_utils

Regards,
-- 
Jordi Sayol
August 03, 2012
Re: dmd 1.075 and 2.060 release
Le 02/08/2012 21:18, Walter Bright a écrit :
> Another big pile of bug fixes. More contributors than ever!
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/changelog.html
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.075.zip
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/changelog.html
> https://github.com/downloads/D-Programming-Language/dmd/dmd.2.060.zip

Champagne !
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home