View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
August 31, 2012
The new build script written in D
I thought, ruby is should be no need to building of DWT2.
So I ported DWT2 rakefile and some of functions of the rake to D script.
I have tested this script at Windows 7 and Ubuntu, it seems to be working well.
https://github.com/kntroh/dwt/tree/newBuildScript

But, this script doesn't work on D1 with Tango.

If there is no problem, I will send a pull request.
August 31, 2012
Re: The new build script written in D
On 2012-08-31 15:19, kntroh wrote:
> I thought, ruby is should be no need to building of DWT2.
> So I ported DWT2 rakefile and some of functions of the rake to D script.
> I have tested this script at Windows 7 and Ubuntu, it seems to be working well.
> https://github.com/kntroh/dwt/tree/newBuildScript
>
> But, this script doesn't work on D1 with Tango.
>
> If there is no problem, I will send a pull request.

Cool. But I see no reason why we can't keep the rakefile and moving the 
rake specific instructions to a D1 section in the documentation. I would 
really like to keep it working on D1 until I can merge the Mac OS X port.

-- 
/Jacob Carlborg
August 31, 2012
Re: The new build script written in D
I understand. I was premature.
I will recover D1 section in the documentation and rakefile.

When will Mac porting be?
I haven't Mac. So I can't help to that work.
August 31, 2012
Re: The new build script written in D
On 2012-08-31 16:09, kntroh wrote:
> I understand. I was premature.
> I will recover D1 section in the documentation and rakefile.
>
> When will Mac porting be?
> I haven't Mac. So I can't help to that work.

I'm working on it currently. It's just a lot of work.

-- 
/Jacob Carlborg
August 31, 2012
Re: The new build script written in D
== Quote from Jacob Carlborg (doob@me.com)'s article
> On 2012-08-31 16:09, kntroh wrote:
> > I understand. I was premature.
> > I will recover D1 section in the documentation and rakefile.
> >
> > When will Mac porting be?
> > I haven't Mac. So I can't help to that work.
> I'm working on it currently. It's just a lot of work.
I regret that it can't help.

I recovered D1 section and rakefile.
Will send pull request later.
August 31, 2012
Re: The new build script written in D
On 2012-08-31 16:35, kntroh wrote:

> I regret that it can't help.

What about a virtual machine?

> I recovered D1 section and rakefile.
> Will send pull request later.

Thanks. I merged it now.

In general I see no point breaking the D1 support on purpose. So this is 
the plan I have:

I'm going to finish the port in the current (local) repository I have. 
This is still only D1. Then I'm going to integrate it with the 
repositories we have at github. After that is working (still only D1) 
I'm going to port it to D2. At this stage we can drop the support for 
D1. We can just put it in a new branch and leave it there.

Again, thanks for your contributions.

-- 
/Jacob Carlborg
September 01, 2012
Re: The new build script written in D
== Quote from Jacob Carlborg (doob@me.com)'s article
> On 2012-08-31 16:35, kntroh wrote:
> > I regret that it can't help.
> What about a virtual machine?
It is possible to specify the Windows as guest OS in MacOS.
But, seems it can't reversal. There is a problem on an user agreement of MacOS.
We can't install MacOS to non-Macintosh machine.

> > I recovered D1 section and rakefile.
> > Will send pull request later.
> Thanks. I merged it now.
> In general I see no point breaking the D1 support on purpose. So this is
> the plan I have:
> I'm going to finish the port in the current (local) repository I have.
> This is still only D1. Then I'm going to integrate it with the
> repositories we have at github. After that is working (still only D1)
> I'm going to port it to D2. At this stage we can drop the support for
> D1. We can just put it in a new branch and leave it there.
> Again, thanks for your contributions.
I understand.
I'm very grateful to your work.
September 01, 2012
Re: The new build script written in D
On 2012-09-01 06:47, kntroh wrote:

> It is possible to specify the Windows as guest OS in MacOS.
> But, seems it can't reversal. There is a problem on an user agreement of MacOS.
> We can't install MacOS to non-Macintosh machine.

Yeah, that might be a problem. Just for the record, it's technically 
possible.

-- 
/Jacob Carlborg
September 03, 2012
Re: The new build script written in D
On 2012-08-31 16:35, kntroh wrote:

> I regret that it can't help.

Actually, I think it should be possible to work on the Mac OS X port 
until link time. Although I don't know how fun that will be. Let me know 
what you think and I can upload the repository I have and help you get 
started.

-- 
/Jacob Carlborg
September 03, 2012
Re: The new build script written in D
== Quote from Jacob Carlborg (doob@me.com)'s article
> On 2012-08-31 16:35, kntroh wrote:
> > I regret that it can't help.
> Actually, I think it should be possible to work on the Mac OS X port
> until link time. Although I don't know how fun that will be. Let me know
> what you think and I can upload the repository I have and help you get
> started.
I think it's nice idea. I may be able to do work for DWT2-Mac, and we may be get
help of somebody has a Mac.
I guess, many D users want a GUI Library for Mac.
« First   ‹ Prev
1 2
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home