View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
September 16, 2012
Regression in 2.060 - corruption when lambda closes over foreach variable
Hi,

I have some code which has started breaking as of 2.060. I've simplified 
it down to the following:

------------

import std.stdio;

void main() {
	broken();
	reffix();
	noclosefix();
}

void broken() {
	foreach (z; 0..1) {
		writeln(z);	//Corrupt
		() {writeln(z);} ();	//Corrupt (same)
	}
}

//Adding 'ref' fixes it:
void reffix() {
	foreach (ref z; 0..1) {
		writeln(z);	//0
		() {writeln(z);} ();	//0
	}
}

//It only breaks if 'z' is closed into the lambda:
void noclosefix() {
	foreach (z; 0..1) {
		writeln(z);	//0
		int z2=z;
		() {writeln(z2);} ();	//0
	}
}

------------

The sort of corrupt values I see for z are for example
28835840 = 0x01B80000
29949952 = 0x01C90000
38535168 = 0x024C0000
36110336 = 0x02270000
But it's always the same between one writeln and the other.

Also breaks with foreach_reverse.

I'm compiling with no switches at all, just "dmd filename.d".

I'm compiling with debug, without optimisations.

Anyone fancy taking a look?

Thanks,

Ben :)
September 16, 2012
Re: Regression in 2.060 - corruption when lambda closes over foreach variable
Sorry, the second "I'm compiling with" is a lie. (Edited it out below.)

On 17/09/2012 00:16, Ben Davis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some code which has started breaking as of 2.060. I've simplified
> it down to the following:
>
> ------------
>
> import std.stdio;
>
> void main() {
>      broken();
>      reffix();
>      noclosefix();
> }
>
> void broken() {
>      foreach (z; 0..1) {
>          writeln(z);    //Corrupt
>          () {writeln(z);} ();    //Corrupt (same)
>      }
> }
>
> //Adding 'ref' fixes it:
> void reffix() {
>      foreach (ref z; 0..1) {
>          writeln(z);    //0
>          () {writeln(z);} ();    //0
>      }
> }
>
> //It only breaks if 'z' is closed into the lambda:
> void noclosefix() {
>      foreach (z; 0..1) {
>          writeln(z);    //0
>          int z2=z;
>          () {writeln(z2);} ();    //0
>      }
> }
>
> ------------
>
> The sort of corrupt values I see for z are for example
> 28835840 = 0x01B80000
> 29949952 = 0x01C90000
> 38535168 = 0x024C0000
> 36110336 = 0x02270000
> But it's always the same between one writeln and the other.
>
> Also breaks with foreach_reverse.
>
> I'm compiling with no switches at all, just "dmd filename.d".
>
> Anyone fancy taking a look?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben :)
September 17, 2012
Re: Regression in 2.060 - corruption when lambda closes over foreach variable
You should probably file that here:

http://d.puremagic.com/issues/
September 18, 2012
Re: Regression in 2.060 - corruption when lambda closes over foreach variable
On 17/09/2012 07:02, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> You should probably file that here:
>
> http://d.puremagic.com/issues/

Done :)

These two already existed:

http://d.puremagic.com/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=8621 <-- posted here
http://d.puremagic.com/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=8526

I guess they're probably duplicates.
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home