View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
September 21, 2012
GDC Explorer - an online disassembler for D
I've met Matt Goldbolt, the author of the GCC Explorer at 
http://gcc.godbolt.org - a very handy online disassembler for GCC.

We got to talk a bit about D and he hacked together support for D by 
using gdc. Take a look at http://d.godbolt.org, I think it's pretty darn 
cool! I'm talking to him about integrating his work with our servers.


Andrei
September 21, 2012
Re: GDC Explorer - an online disassembler for D
On 21 September 2012 04:47, Andrei Alexandrescu
<SeeWebsiteForEmail@erdani.org> wrote:
> I've met Matt Goldbolt, the author of the GCC Explorer at
> http://gcc.godbolt.org - a very handy online disassembler for GCC.
>
> We got to talk a bit about D and he hacked together support for D by using
> gdc. Take a look at http://d.godbolt.org, I think it's pretty darn cool! I'm
> talking to him about integrating his work with our servers.
>
>
> Andrei

That's awesome. :-)


-- 
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';
September 21, 2012
Re: GDC Explorer - an online disassembler for D
On 9/21/12, Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail@erdani.org> wrote:
> snip

Integrating this with dpaste would be aweee..sooome!
September 21, 2012
Re: GDC Explorer - an online disassembler for D
On 2012-09-21 05:47, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> I've met Matt Goldbolt, the author of the GCC Explorer at
> http://gcc.godbolt.org - a very handy online disassembler for GCC.
>
> We got to talk a bit about D and he hacked together support for D by
> using gdc. Take a look at http://d.godbolt.org, I think it's pretty darn
> cool! I'm talking to him about integrating his work with our servers.

That's pretty cool.

-- 
/Jacob Carlborg
September 21, 2012
Re: GDC Explorer - an online disassembler for D
Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> I've met Matt Goldbolt, the author of the GCC Explorer at
> http://gcc.godbolt.org - a very handy online disassembler for GCC.

This is not a disassembler. It just stops compilation before the
assembler (gcc -S). A dissembler would create the assembler code given
only the machine code.
But it's nice to have source code and assembly side by side.

Jens
September 21, 2012
Re: GDC Explorer - an online disassembler for D
On Friday, 21 September 2012 at 10:04:00 UTC, Jens Mueller wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> I've met Matt Goldbolt, the author of the GCC Explorer at
>> http://gcc.godbolt.org - a very handy online disassembler for 
>> GCC.
>
> This is not a disassembler. It just stops compilation before the
> assembler (gcc -S). A dissembler would create the assembler 
> code given
> only the machine code.

You are both correct and incredibly pedantic. :P
September 21, 2012
Re: GDC Explorer - an online disassembler for D
On 21 September 2012 11:17, Bernard Helyer <b.helyer@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, 21 September 2012 at 10:04:00 UTC, Jens Mueller wrote:
>>
>> Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>>
>>> I've met Matt Goldbolt, the author of the GCC Explorer at
>>> http://gcc.godbolt.org - a very handy online disassembler for GCC.
>>
>>
>> This is not a disassembler. It just stops compilation before the
>> assembler (gcc -S). A dissembler would create the assembler code given
>> only the machine code.
>
>
> You are both correct and incredibly pedantic. :P

Half correct and incredibly pedantic. :-)

There's two modes.  One is assembler output, the other is objdump
output (which is a disassembler).

-- 
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';
September 21, 2012
Re: GDC Explorer - an online disassembler for D
On 21 September 2012 11:29, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On 21 September 2012 11:17, Bernard Helyer <b.helyer@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Friday, 21 September 2012 at 10:04:00 UTC, Jens Mueller wrote:
>>>
>>> Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>>>
>>>> I've met Matt Goldbolt, the author of the GCC Explorer at
>>>> http://gcc.godbolt.org - a very handy online disassembler for GCC.
>>>
>>>
>>> This is not a disassembler. It just stops compilation before the
>>> assembler (gcc -S). A dissembler would create the assembler code given
>>> only the machine code.
>>
>>
>> You are both correct and incredibly pedantic. :P
>
> Half correct and incredibly pedantic. :-)
>
> There's two modes.  One is assembler output, the other is objdump
> output (which is a disassembler).
>

And if it doesn't then I must be incredibly confused at this hour in
the morning (yawns).


-- 
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';
September 21, 2012
Re: GDC Explorer - an online disassembler for D
Iain Buclaw wrote:
> On 21 September 2012 11:29, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > On 21 September 2012 11:17, Bernard Helyer <b.helyer@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> On Friday, 21 September 2012 at 10:04:00 UTC, Jens Mueller wrote:
> >>>
> >>> Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> >>>>
> >>>> I've met Matt Goldbolt, the author of the GCC Explorer at
> >>>> http://gcc.godbolt.org - a very handy online disassembler for GCC.
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> This is not a disassembler. It just stops compilation before the
> >>> assembler (gcc -S). A dissembler would create the assembler code given
> >>> only the machine code.
> >>
> >>
> >> You are both correct and incredibly pedantic. :P
> >
> > Half correct and incredibly pedantic. :-)
> >
> > There's two modes.  One is assembler output, the other is objdump
> > output (which is a disassembler).
> >
> 
> And if it doesn't then I must be incredibly confused at this hour in
> the morning (yawns).

How do I use the objdump mode in the web interface?

Jens
September 21, 2012
Re: GDC Explorer - an online disassembler for D
Andrei Alexandrescu:

> I've met Matt Goldbolt, the author of the GCC Explorer at 
> http://gcc.godbolt.org - a very handy online disassembler for 
> GCC.
>
> We got to talk a bit about D and he hacked together support for 
> D by using gdc. Take a look at http://d.godbolt.org, I think 
> it's pretty darn cool! I'm talking to him about integrating his 
> work with our servers.

It's a nice idea. I'd like a way to filter the output to the
disassembly of just one (or few) functions, because otherwise the
output risks being too much large.

At my second try I have received this, I don't know why:

<No output: Error: Command failed: cat:
/tmp/gcc-explorer-compiler11285-17644-1vcygvl/output.S: No such
file or directory
core.exception.AssertError@/usr/include/d2/4.6/std/stdio.d(989):
Bug in File.readln
>

Bye,
bearophile
« First   ‹ Prev
1 2
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home