October 20, 2012
On Saturday, 20 October 2012 at 16:26:43 UTC, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.

So I didn't get through all the remarks of that page:

"This function is implemented using a compiler intrinsic where possible. For more information, see the WinBase.h header file and _InterlockedIncrement."

But that doesn't say it always is. Oh well, now I know some of the Win32 API only exists in the compiler.
October 20, 2012
Am 20.10.2012 18:40, schrieb Jesse Phillips:
> On Saturday, 20 October 2012 at 16:26:43 UTC, Jesse Phillips wrote:
>> Thanks for the reply.
>
> So I didn't get through all the remarks of that page:
>
> "This function is implemented using a compiler intrinsic where possible.
> For more information, see the WinBase.h header file and
> _InterlockedIncrement."
>
> But that doesn't say it always is. Oh well, now I know some of the Win32
> API only exists in the compiler.

What about core.atomic.atomicOp!"+=" ?

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut
October 21, 2012
On Saturday, 20 October 2012 at 16:56:19 UTC, Benjamin Thaut wrote:

> What about core.atomic.atomicOp!"+=" ?
>
> Kind Regards
> Benjamin Thaut

That is probably a perfect substitute. And now the program is linking... it crashes when run, but it gets through the initial steps. (I expect I have failed to make all needed 64bit changes)

Thanks.
December 11, 2012
To get this working with Visual Studio 2012 on Windows 8 one can use this (or a similar) sc.ini (Then it works perfectly fine, thank you Walter!):

[Version]
version=7.51 Build 020

[Environment]
LIB=C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Lib\win8\um\x64;"%@P%\..\lib";\dm\lib
DFLAGS="-I%@P%\..\..\src\phobos" "-I%@P%\..\..\src\druntime\import"
VCINSTALLDIR=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\
WindowsSdkDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\
LINKCMD=c:\dm\bin\link.exe
LINKCMD64=%VCINSTALLDIR%bin\amd64\link.exe

One more thing: It's been asked before in this thread, but I haven't seen a reply by Walter yet: Is it viable to add the option of using the VC linker for 32bit, e.g. as something like "-linkvc". And I don't mean to remove optlink or anything like that, just as an option.
December 11, 2012
On Tuesday, 11 December 2012 at 15:28:08 UTC, Moritz Maxeiner wrote:

> One more thing: It's been asked before in this thread, but I haven't seen a reply by Walter yet: Is it viable to add the option of using the VC linker for 32bit, e.g. as something like "-linkvc". And I don't mean to remove optlink or anything like that, just as an option.

I think it was another thread that he said this would only be 64bit. This could change in the future but I do not believe it is planned at this point.

(It isn't a matter of just adding a switch, thus more work which he isn't planning yet)
1 2 3 4
Next ›   Last »