November 01, 2012
On 11/1/12 1:40 PM, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> On 1 November 2012 00:35, Faux Amis<faux@amis.com>  wrote:
>> On 22/10/2012 19:25, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>>
>> My reason for not having pledged:
>> Too expensive: flight + ticket.
>> I will pledge 100$ if that would mean videos.
>>
>
> I should hope that it would be video'd - :o)

Hoping is good, making it happen is even better. Does anyone have the equipment and expertise to help with video recording?

Andrei
November 01, 2012
On 2012-11-01 20:18, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> Hoping is good, making it happen is even better. Does anyone have the
> equipment and expertise to help with video recording?

Funny thing. Most video clips from conferences I've seen are fairly poor quality. I don't know if it's the recording or the compression after it been uploaded. But these days many phones have pretty good cameras, like 1080p.

-- 
/Jacob Carlborg
November 01, 2012
On Thursday, 1 November 2012 at 19:35:35 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2012-11-01 20:18, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>
>> Hoping is good, making it happen is even better. Does anyone have the equipment and expertise to help with video recording?
>
> Funny thing. Most video clips from conferences I've seen are fairly poor quality. I don't know if it's the recording or the compression after it been uploaded. But these days many phones have pretty good cameras, like 1080p.

 I have some expertise & some equipment; But I plan on getting more shortly anyways (and could run it too).

 Something to consider is encoding the videos and could ship them on dvd/blueray. Hmmm, with dvd it would have to be avi/mkv's while on blueray if the options allow could use the player rather than having a computer file format, then it's only a matter of time before I can have them all burned.

 On the other hand, if we have something like 1000 people wanting discs, it might be possible to have them made once we make the original (course the minimum may be 50,000 which wouldn't be an option at this time).

 But if we consider almost everyone has the internet and youtube is available and allows HD and long submissions for this type of stuff that quickly seems like a silly option.
November 01, 2012
On Thursday, 1 November 2012 at 19:18:40 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> Hoping is good, making it happen is even better. Does anyone have the equipment and expertise to help with video recording?

I have experience as a live lighting/audio/video engineer and also did a few smaller film jobs, so I guess I could help out with handling the recording things. I don't personally have much equipment, though, and bringing more than say a sound card, a pair of good headphones and the odd adapter (and maybe an Eos 5D and a couple of lenses for some additional shots?) on an overseas trip is probably not worth the hassle.

This is all assuming that I'll actually be able to make it to DConf, though…

David
November 01, 2012
On 11/1/12 5:42 PM, Era Scarecrow wrote:
> On Thursday, 1 November 2012 at 19:35:35 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> On 2012-11-01 20:18, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>
>>> Hoping is good, making it happen is even better. Does anyone have the
>>> equipment and expertise to help with video recording?
>>
>> Funny thing. Most video clips from conferences I've seen are fairly
>> poor quality. I don't know if it's the recording or the compression
>> after it been uploaded. But these days many phones have pretty good
>> cameras, like 1080p.
>
> I have some expertise & some equipment; But I plan on getting more
> shortly anyways (and could run it too).
>
> Something to consider is encoding the videos and could ship them on
> dvd/blueray. Hmmm, with dvd it would have to be avi/mkv's while on
> blueray if the options allow could use the player rather than having a
> computer file format, then it's only a matter of time before I can have
> them all burned.
>
> On the other hand, if we have something like 1000 people wanting discs,
> it might be possible to have them made once we make the original (course
> the minimum may be 50,000 which wouldn't be an option at this time).
>
> But if we consider almost everyone has the internet and youtube is
> available and allows HD and long submissions for this type of stuff that
> quickly seems like a silly option.

If we're to film the conference, we'll make it available online for free. No disks, no DRM, no red tape - that's for sure.

The advantage of paying to be at the conference is, well, being there, and also the timeliness (we may upload the videos later, which is common practice).

Do you plan to be there? If we can count on you taking care of reasonable-quality recordings, please let me know.


Andrei
November 05, 2012
On 10/31/2012 05:35 PM, Faux Amis wrote:

> I will pledge 100$ if that would mean videos.

There is a change on the project page: :)

"Late-Breaking News: Smile, You're On Camera!

It's confirmed - through volunteer support, the conference talks will be recorded and posted on the Net for free! We're preparing diligently to ensure professional quality recordings. One more reason to pledge even if for those of you who can't be there!"

Ali

November 06, 2012
On Monday, 22 October 2012 at 17:25:28 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> We're on! For one month starting today, we're raising funding for DConf 2013.
>
> http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2083649206/the-d-programming-language-conference-2013-0
>
> Please pledge your support and encourage your friends to do the same. Hope to see you in 2013!
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrei

Collecting money to blow up Andrei's EGO even more ?
Hope the show fails.looks good so far.
what about collectimg money for solid, real world projects instead of donating to bla bla nonsense parties.
November 06, 2012
On Monday, 5 November 2012 at 21:57:01 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 10/31/2012 05:35 PM, Faux Amis wrote:
>
> > I will pledge 100$ if that would mean videos.
>
> There is a change on the project page: :)
>
> "Late-Breaking News: Smile, You're On Camera!
>
> It's confirmed - through volunteer support, the conference talks will be recorded and posted on the Net for free! We're preparing diligently to ensure professional quality recordings. One more reason to pledge even if for those of you who can't be there!"
>
> Ali

That probably should be posted as an Update in kickstarter (not just a change to the main page)...
November 06, 2012
On 11/6/12 4:15 AM, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> On Monday, 5 November 2012 at 21:57:01 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
>> On 10/31/2012 05:35 PM, Faux Amis wrote:
>>
>> > I will pledge 100$ if that would mean videos.
>>
>> There is a change on the project page: :)
>>
>> "Late-Breaking News: Smile, You're On Camera!
>>
>> It's confirmed - through volunteer support, the conference talks will
>> be recorded and posted on the Net for free! We're preparing diligently
>> to ensure professional quality recordings. One more reason to pledge
>> even if for those of you who can't be there!"
>>
>> Ali
>
> That probably should be posted as an Update in kickstarter (not just a
> change to the main page)...

You mean send an update to all current backers?

Andrei
November 06, 2012
On 11/6/12 8:40 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 11/6/12 4:15 AM, Jesse Phillips wrote:
>> On Monday, 5 November 2012 at 21:57:01 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
>>> On 10/31/2012 05:35 PM, Faux Amis wrote:
>>>
>>> > I will pledge 100$ if that would mean videos.
>>>
>>> There is a change on the project page: :)
>>>
>>> "Late-Breaking News: Smile, You're On Camera!
>>>
>>> It's confirmed - through volunteer support, the conference talks will
>>> be recorded and posted on the Net for free! We're preparing diligently
>>> to ensure professional quality recordings. One more reason to pledge
>>> even if for those of you who can't be there!"
>>>
>>> Ali
>>
>> That probably should be posted as an Update in kickstarter (not just a
>> change to the main page)...
>
> You mean send an update to all current backers?

Well did so.

Andrei

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home