View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
December 03, 2012
Visual D 0.3.35 released - semantic analysis considered stable
Hi,

I have uploaded a new version of Visual D. Apart from changes to the 
build system, the semantic analysis is now considered stable enough to 
leave experimental state. I guess too many people just didn't know that 
it existed at all, because it was buried somewhere in the global 
options. Although it hasn't improved a lot (no UFCS, no class templates, 
no operator overloading) it seems quite useful.

Some excerpts from the change log:

  * a number of bug fixes and improvements to the build system, e.g.
    - new linker option to disable using global and standard
      library search paths
    - added preliminary support for upcoming dmd win64 compiler
    - added console application project template with
      configurations for DMD and GDC for Win32 and x86
  * semantic analysis now enabled by default
  * "goto definition" now uses semantic analysis to find declaration
  * added build project to build Visual D from within Visual Studio
    itself without the need to modify makefiles
  * now installed as an "extension" to VS 2010 and VS 2012
  * fixed spurious crashes due to bug in precise garbage collection

The full list of changes can be found here: 
http://www.dsource.org/projects/visuald/wiki/VersionHistory

Visual D is a Visual Studio package providing both project management 
and language services for the D programming language. It works with 
Visual Studio 2005-12 as well as the free Visual Studio Shells.

The Visual D installer can be downloaded from its website at 
http://www.dsource.org/projects/visuald

Visual D is completely written in D, the source code is available at 
github (https://github.com/rainers/visuald) and dsource 
(http://www.dsource.org/projects/visuald/browser/trunk).

Rainer
December 03, 2012
Re: Visual D 0.3.35 released - semantic analysis considered stable
Cool, thank you very much!

On Monday, 3 December 2012 at 18:58:44 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
> I have uploaded a new version of Visual D. Apart from changes 
> to the build system, the semantic analysis is now considered 
> stable enough to leave experimental state. I guess too many 
> people just didn't know that it existed at all, because it was 
> buried somewhere in the global options. Although it hasn't 
> improved a lot (no UFCS, no class templates, no operator 
> overloading) it seems quite useful.
>
December 04, 2012
Re: Visual D 0.3.35 released - semantic analysis considered stable
On Monday, 3 December 2012 at 18:58:44 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have uploaded a new version of Visual D. Apart from changes 
> to the build system, the semantic analysis is now considered 
> stable enough to leave experimental state.

Great work! thank you very much.
December 04, 2012
Re: Visual D 0.3.35 released - semantic analysis considered stable
On Monday, 3 December 2012 at 18:58:44 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have uploaded a new version of Visual D. Apart from changes 
> to the build system, the semantic analysis is now considered 
> stable enough to leave experimental state. I guess too many 
> people just didn't know that it existed at all, because it was 
> buried somewhere in the global options. Although it hasn't 
> improved a lot (no UFCS, no class templates, no operator 
> overloading) it seems quite useful.
>
> Some excerpts from the change log:
>
>   * a number of bug fixes and improvements to the build system, 
> e.g.
>     - new linker option to disable using global and standard
>       library search paths
>     - added preliminary support for upcoming dmd win64 compiler
>     - added console application project template with
>       configurations for DMD and GDC for Win32 and x86
>   * semantic analysis now enabled by default
>   * "goto definition" now uses semantic analysis to find 
> declaration
>   * added build project to build Visual D from within Visual 
> Studio
>     itself without the need to modify makefiles
>   * now installed as an "extension" to VS 2010 and VS 2012
>   * fixed spurious crashes due to bug in precise garbage 
> collection
>
> The full list of changes can be found here: 
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/visuald/wiki/VersionHistory
>
> Visual D is a Visual Studio package providing both project 
> management and language services for the D programming 
> language. It works with Visual Studio 2005-12 as well as the 
> free Visual Studio Shells.
>
> The Visual D installer can be downloaded from its website at 
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/visuald
>
> Visual D is completely written in D, the source code is 
> available at github (https://github.com/rainers/visuald) and 
> dsource (http://www.dsource.org/projects/visuald/browser/trunk).
>
> Rainer

Great work, trying to install it still today!
January 01, 2013
Re: Visual D 0.3.35 released - semantic analysis considered stable
After switching to this version it started to build my windows 
app as a console one. It seems to ignore the subsystem choice, I 
don't see any mention of -L/SUBSYSTEM: in generated build scripts 
anymore.

Previously I had 0.3.33, I guess, which compiled and linked in 
one go, not in separate steps, it worked fine.
January 01, 2013
Re: Visual D 0.3.35 released - semantic analysis considered stable
On Tuesday, 1 January 2013 at 17:11:31 UTC, thedeemon wrote:
> After switching to this version it started to build my windows 
> app as a console one. It seems to ignore the subsystem choice, 
> I don't see any mention of -L/SUBSYSTEM: in generated build 
> scripts anymore.
>
> Previously I had 0.3.33, I guess, which compiled and linked in 
> one go, not in separate steps, it worked fine.

+1
I have the same problem.But it was alright when I used 0.3.34.
January 03, 2013
Re: Visual D 0.3.35 released - semantic analysis considered stable
On 01.01.2013 18:45, Zhenya wrote:
> On Tuesday, 1 January 2013 at 17:11:31 UTC, thedeemon wrote:
>> After switching to this version it started to build my windows app as
>> a console one. It seems to ignore the subsystem choice, I don't see
>> any mention of -L/SUBSYSTEM: in generated build scripts anymore.
>>
>> Previously I had 0.3.33, I guess, which compiled and linked in one go,
>> not in separate steps, it worked fine.
>
> +1
> I have the same problem.But it was alright when I used 0.3.34.

Fixed here: 
http://www.dsource.org/projects/visuald/browser/downloads/VisualD-v0.3.36rc2.exe
January 03, 2013
Re: Visual D 0.3.35 released - semantic analysis considered stable
> Fixed here: 
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/visuald/browser/downloads/VisualD-v0.3.36rc2.exe

Fixed indeed. Thanks a lot!
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home