Jump to page: 1 2
Thread overview
DlangIDE v0.8.0 released
Sep 26
AB
Sep 27
AB
Sep 27
AB
Sep 27
AB
Sep 28
AB
September 26
Announcement: http://forum.dlang.org/post/vzicigvviryoeecqqvxe@forum.dlang.org

September 26
On Tuesday, 26 September 2017 at 15:21:53 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
> Announcement: http://forum.dlang.org/post/vzicigvviryoeecqqvxe@forum.dlang.org

Forgive me if this is not the right place to ask, but why can't the executable "dlangide.exe" be run in Windows XP? Which 32-bit architecture is targeted?

September 27
On Tuesday, 26 September 2017 at 20:03:08 UTC, AB wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26 September 2017 at 15:21:53 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
>> Announcement: http://forum.dlang.org/post/vzicigvviryoeecqqvxe@forum.dlang.org
>
> Forgive me if this is not the right place to ask, but why can't the executable "dlangide.exe" be run in Windows XP? Which 32-bit architecture is targeted?

It's 32bit (x86) executable.
I didn't test it on XP. Not sure if it would work.

BTW, new release v0.8.1 binaries are uploaded.

September 27
On Wednesday, 27 September 2017 at 07:16:48 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
>
> It's 32bit (x86) executable.
> I didn't test it on XP. Not sure if it would work.
>
> BTW, new release v0.8.1 binaries are uploaded.

Neither v0.8.0 or v0.8.1 work on Windows XP SP3 32-bit:

"dlangide.exe is not a valid Win32 application."

I remember that in newer Visual Studio, if compatibility with Windows XP is needed then the XP toolset must be selected: such as "v110_xp" instead of "v110". Maybe the compatibility problem is caused by the fact that DMD doesn't officially support Windows XP anymore.

Could you build DlangIDE using win32coff as Output, for me to test?

September 27
On Wednesday, 27 September 2017 at 07:34:09 UTC, AB wrote:
> On Wednesday, 27 September 2017 at 07:16:48 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
>>
>> It's 32bit (x86) executable.
>> I didn't test it on XP. Not sure if it would work.
>>
>> BTW, new release v0.8.1 binaries are uploaded.
>
> Neither v0.8.0 or v0.8.1 work on Windows XP SP3 32-bit:
>
> "dlangide.exe is not a valid Win32 application."
>
> I remember that in newer Visual Studio, if compatibility with Windows XP is needed then the XP toolset must be selected: such as "v110_xp" instead of "v110". Maybe the compatibility problem is caused by the fact that DMD doesn't officially support Windows XP anymore.
>
> Could you build DlangIDE using win32coff as Output, for me to test?

Uploaded mscoff build https://github.com/buggins/dlangide/releases/tag/v0.8.1
September 27
On Wednesday, 27 September 2017 at 07:34:09 UTC, AB wrote:
> On Wednesday, 27 September 2017 at 07:16:48 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
>>
>> It's 32bit (x86) executable.
>> I didn't test it on XP. Not sure if it would work.
>>
>> BTW, new release v0.8.1 binaries are uploaded.
>
> Neither v0.8.0 or v0.8.1 work on Windows XP SP3 32-bit:
>
> "dlangide.exe is not a valid Win32 application."
>
> I remember that in newer Visual Studio, if compatibility with Windows XP is needed then the XP toolset must be selected: such as "v110_xp" instead of "v110". Maybe the compatibility problem is caused by the fact that DMD doesn't officially support Windows XP anymore.
>
> Could you build DlangIDE using win32coff as Output, for me to test?

Can you try to build it yourself from sources on XP?

September 27
Unfortunately the win32coff build fails to run, with the same error message.

On Wednesday, 27 September 2017 at 07:59:53 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
>
> Can you try to build it yourself from sources on XP?
>

I cannot build it due to the following error message:

---
Error: module backwards is in file 'deps\DCD\containers\src\containers\internal\backwards.d' which cannot be read
import path[0] = C:\TEST\dlangide-0.8.1\..\dlangui\src
import path[1] = C:\TEST\dlangide-0.8.1\..\dlangui\3rdparty
import path[2] = C:\TEST\dlangide-0.8.1\..\dlangui\deps\DerelictGL3\source
import path[3] = C:\TEST\dlangide-0.8.1\..\dlangui\deps\DerelictUtil\source
import path[4] = C:\TEST\dlangide-0.8.1\..\dlangui\deps\DerelictFT\source
import path[5] = C:\TEST\dlangide-0.8.1\..\dlangui\deps\DerelictSDL2\source
import path[6] = C:\TEST\dlangide-0.8.1\..\dlangui\deps\libdparse\src
import path[7] = C:\TEST\dlangide-0.8.1\..\DerelictLLDB\source
import path[8] = C:\D\dmd2\windows\bin\..\..\src\phobos
import path[9] = C:\D\dmd2\windows\bin\..\..\src\druntime\import
Building Debug\dlangide.exe failed!
---

Note that I am using:

* Visual Studio 2008 SP1
* Visual D 0.44.2
* DMD 2.076.0

September 27
On Wednesday, 27 September 2017 at 08:28:02 UTC, AB wrote:
> Unfortunately the win32coff build fails to run, with the same error message.
>
> On Wednesday, 27 September 2017 at 07:59:53 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
>>
>> Can you try to build it yourself from sources on XP?
>>
>
> I cannot build it due to the following error message:
>
> ---
> Error: module backwards is in file 'deps\DCD\containers\src\containers\internal\backwards.d' which cannot be read
> import path[0] = C:\TEST\dlangide-0.8.1\..\dlangui\src
> import path[1] = C:\TEST\dlangide-0.8.1\..\dlangui\3rdparty
> import path[2] = C:\TEST\dlangide-0.8.1\..\dlangui\deps\DerelictGL3\source
> import path[3] = C:\TEST\dlangide-0.8.1\..\dlangui\deps\DerelictUtil\source
> import path[4] = C:\TEST\dlangide-0.8.1\..\dlangui\deps\DerelictFT\source
> import path[5] = C:\TEST\dlangide-0.8.1\..\dlangui\deps\DerelictSDL2\source
> import path[6] = C:\TEST\dlangide-0.8.1\..\dlangui\deps\libdparse\src
> import path[7] = C:\TEST\dlangide-0.8.1\..\DerelictLLDB\source
> import path[8] = C:\D\dmd2\windows\bin\..\..\src\phobos
> import path[9] = C:\D\dmd2\windows\bin\..\..\src\druntime\import
> Building Debug\dlangide.exe failed!
> ---
>
> Note that I am using:
>
> * Visual Studio 2008 SP1
> * Visual D 0.44.2
> * DMD 2.076.0

Try git pull --tags --recurse-submodules origin master

September 27
On Wednesday, 27 September 2017 at 08:28:02 UTC, AB wrote:
> Unfortunately the win32coff build fails to run, with the same error message.
>
> On Wednesday, 27 September 2017 at 07:59:53 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
>>
>> Can you try to build it yourself from sources on XP?
>>
>
> I cannot build it due to the following error message:
>
> ---
> Error: module backwards is in file 'deps\DCD\containers\src\containers\internal\backwards.d' which cannot be read

Containers should now be removed from from project. Now they are a part of phobos. - std.experimental.containers

I've submitted change for dlangide visuald project file.
Now it should build ok.

As well you can try to build with dub.
September 27
On Wednesday, 27 September 2017 at 12:56:27 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
>
> Containers should now be removed from from project. Now they are a part of phobos. - std.experimental.containers
>
> I've submitted change for dlangide visuald project file.
> Now it should build ok.
>

DlangIDE v0.8.2 fails to build with exactly the same error message: missing "backwards.d" file. Same with current dlangide-master.

On Wednesday, 27 September 2017 at 12:56:27 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
>
> As well you can try to build with dub.
>

Running DUB fails with a SSL connect error while "Fetching dcd 0.9.1".

I'll run a virus scan, and if my system is clean then I'll stop trying to make things work, for the reason that current D apps are incompatible with Windows XP.

« First   ‹ Prev
1 2