October 12, 2013
On Friday, 11 October 2013 at 21:24:01 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> Wow, the reddit thing is going absolutely nuts. I wish reddit's format was more readable, it is so hard to find new stuff among the mess of a tree layout :(

Reddit Enhancement Suite makes things much nicer, and having a Reddit Gold subscription allows new posts to be highlighted which RES can then navigate by.
October 12, 2013
On Saturday, 12 October 2013 at 22:36:25 UTC, Kapps wrote:
> On Friday, 11 October 2013 at 21:24:01 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>> Wow, the reddit thing is going absolutely nuts. I wish reddit's format was more readable, it is so hard to find new stuff among the mess of a tree layout :(
>
> Reddit Enhancement Suite makes things much nicer, and having a Reddit Gold subscription allows new posts to be highlighted which RES can then navigate by.

Too bloated for my taste.
October 13, 2013
Congratulations!!!
October 14, 2013
On Friday, 11 October 2013 at 00:36:12 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> Today I committed the first 5112 lines of D code to Facebook's repository. The project is in heavy daily use at Facebook. Compared to the original version (written in C++) we've measured massive wins in all of source code size, build speed, and running speed.
>
> In all likelihood we'll follow up with a blog post describing the process.
>
>
> Andrei

Fantastic!

I've already distributed the news to everyone programmer I know of.

/Per
October 14, 2013
Congratulations! Glad to hear everything panned out! Glad to see D officially used over there.

On Friday, 11 October 2013 at 00:36:12 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> Today I committed the first 5112 lines of D code to Facebook's repository. The project is in heavy daily use at Facebook. Compared to the original version (written in C++) we've measured massive wins in all of source code size, build speed, and running speed.
>
> In all likelihood we'll follow up with a blog post describing the process.
>
>
> Andrei

October 16, 2013
On Friday, 11 October 2013 at 00:36:12 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> Today I committed the first 5112 lines of D code to Facebook's repository. The project is in heavy daily use at Facebook. Compared to the original version (written in C++) we've measured massive wins in all of source code size, build speed, and running speed.
>
> In all likelihood we'll follow up with a blog post describing the process.
>
>
> Andrei

This is nice to know. Any estimate on when is that blog post coming out?
October 16, 2013
On 10/16/13 12:12 PM, Pedro Rodrigues wrote:
> On Friday, 11 October 2013 at 00:36:12 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> Today I committed the first 5112 lines of D code to Facebook's
>> repository. The project is in heavy daily use at Facebook. Compared to
>> the original version (written in C++) we've measured massive wins in
>> all of source code size, build speed, and running speed.
>>
>> In all likelihood we'll follow up with a blog post describing the
>> process.
>>
>>
>> Andrei	
>
> This is nice to know. Any estimate on when is that blog post coming out?

Not yet. I'm scrambling to hit the proverbial iron while it's hot, and blogging had to give priority to that. I estimate a couple more weeks before I have something out.

Thanks for the interest.


Andrei

October 17, 2013
On Saturday, 12 October 2013 at 12:08:03 UTC, Todor wrote:
> On Friday, 11 October 2013 at 05:11:49 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 10/10/2013 10:05 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>>> Awesome! Great bragging rights for D :)
>>
>> It's the first battle signaling the end of Middle Earth, and the rise of the Age of D. The old guard will be sailing to the Grey Havens soon.
>
> They're taking the Hobbits to Isengard!

Actually, I think this development is akin to the March of the Ents.  They spend a long time thinking and are slow to rouse ... but when they are roused ... :-P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5YwMpSN6CU
November 18, 2013
On Friday, 11 October 2013 at 00:36:12 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> In all likelihood we'll follow up with a blog post describing the process.

Any more news on this Andrei?
November 18, 2013
On 11/18/13 6:03 AM, Gary Willoughby wrote:
> On Friday, 11 October 2013 at 00:36:12 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> In all likelihood we'll follow up with a blog post describing the
>> process.
>
> Any more news on this Andrei?

Not yet. I'm the bottleneck here - must find the time to work on that.

Andrei
1 2 3 4 5 6 7