November 05, 2013
Ok, this is it:

http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd_2.064.2-0_amd64.deb
http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd-2.064.2-0.fedora.i386.rpm
http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd-2.064.2-0.fedora.x86_64.rpm
http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd_2.064.2-0_i386.deb
http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd-2.064.2-0.openSUSE.i386.rpm
http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd-2.064.2-0.openSUSE.x86_64.rpm
http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd-2.064.2.exe
http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.2.064.2.zip
http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.2.064.2.dmg
http://ftp.digitalmars.com/libphobos2-64_2.064.2-0_amd64.deb
http://ftp.digitalmars.com/libphobos2-64_2.064.2-0_i386.deb
November 05, 2013
On Tuesday, 5 November 2013 at 22:08:48 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Ok, this is it:
>
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.2.064.2.dmg

Not found :(

http://d.puremagic.com/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=11112

still open :(
November 05, 2013
On Tuesday, 5 November 2013 at 22:10:53 UTC, Joshua Niehus wrote:
> On Tuesday, 5 November 2013 at 22:08:48 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> Ok, this is it:
>>
>> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.2.064.2.dmg
>
> Not found :(

nvm, just started working...
apologies
November 05, 2013
On 11/5/2013 2:10 PM, Joshua Niehus wrote:
> On Tuesday, 5 November 2013 at 22:08:48 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> Ok, this is it:
>>
>> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.2.064.2.dmg
>
> Not found :(

It's uploading as I type this. Should be up in a minute or two.


> http://d.puremagic.com/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=11112
>
> still open :(

Sorry. There are a lot still open - but a vast number were fixed.
November 05, 2013
On Tuesday, 5 November 2013 at 22:08:48 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd-2.064.2.exe

What's up with the Windows installer?  It appears to be using an old version without all the improvements I've been making but with some new changes added.
November 05, 2013
On Tuesday, 5 November 2013 at 22:08:48 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Ok, this is it:
>
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd_2.064.2-0_amd64.deb
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd-2.064.2-0.fedora.i386.rpm
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd-2.064.2-0.fedora.x86_64.rpm
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd_2.064.2-0_i386.deb
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd-2.064.2-0.openSUSE.i386.rpm
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd-2.064.2-0.openSUSE.x86_64.rpm
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd-2.064.2.exe
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.2.064.2.zip
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.2.064.2.dmg
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/libphobos2-64_2.064.2-0_amd64.deb
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/libphobos2-64_2.064.2-0_i386.deb

Dear world: DO NOT use the windows installer if you have ANYTHING
other than the default installed files in your previous install
folder, because it will delete EVERYTHING. (and this isn't an
understatement, my C:/D folder is now entirely empty but for a
single git index which was locked by my IDE), this means I have
now lost my local checkouts of the D repos, my git-head dmd
install location, as well as my auto-build-install-test scripts,
and my local copy of my JSON work. Thankfully my JSON work wasn't even the latest copy anyways. Deleting everything IS NOT uninstalling.
November 05, 2013
On 11/5/2013 2:21 PM, Brad Anderson wrote:
> What's up with the Windows installer?  It appears to be using an old version
> without all the improvements I've been making but with some new changes added.

It should be using the one on the 2.064 branch on github. Can you check that?
November 05, 2013
On Tuesday, 5 November 2013 at 22:24:14 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 11/5/2013 2:21 PM, Brad Anderson wrote:
>> What's up with the Windows installer?  It appears to be using an old version
>> without all the improvements I've been making but with some new changes added.
>
> It should be using the one on the 2.064 branch on github. Can you check that?

"[2.064 branch] is 2 commits ahead and 9 commits behind master"

So it's definitely missing some stuff in the branch itself but what you put up is also definitely not what is in the 2.064 branch either.  There should be several sections:

- D2
  - cURL Support
  - Detect MSVC
  - Add to PATH
- D1
  - Add to PATH
- dmc
  - Add to PATH
- Start Menu Shortcuts
- Visual D

But in the one you put up there is just:
- dmd
  - cURL support
  - Add to PATH
- dmc
  - Add to PATH
- Start menu items

Normally it's an internet installer too but isn't this time (not a bad thing but not normal either).  It also uninstalls DMD before it installs which the current installer doesn't do.  I have no idea where you got this version.
November 05, 2013
On Tuesday, 5 November 2013 at 22:36:43 UTC, Brad Anderson wrote:
> On Tuesday, 5 November 2013 at 22:24:14 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 11/5/2013 2:21 PM, Brad Anderson wrote:
>>> What's up with the Windows installer?  It appears to be using an old version
>>> without all the improvements I've been making but with some new changes added.
>>
>> It should be using the one on the 2.064 branch on github. Can you check that?
>
> "[2.064 branch] is 2 commits ahead and 9 commits behind master"
>
> So it's definitely missing some stuff in the branch itself but what you put up is also definitely not what is in the 2.064 branch either.  There should be several sections:
>
> - D2
>   - cURL Support
>   - Detect MSVC
>   - Add to PATH
> - D1
>   - Add to PATH
> - dmc
>   - Add to PATH
> - Start Menu Shortcuts
> - Visual D
>
> But in the one you put up there is just:
> - dmd
>   - cURL support
>   - Add to PATH
> - dmc
>   - Add to PATH
> - Start menu items
>
> Normally it's an internet installer too but isn't this time (not a bad thing but not normal either).  It also uninstalls DMD before it installs which the current installer doesn't do.  I have no idea where you got this version.

Figured it out.  You used linux/win/installer.nsi.  I have no idea why that exists and what it is for.  Jordi has been making a lot of changes to it but I have no idea what the purpose of it is.  Maybe he should start doing pull requests like everyone else so people know what's going on with the repo.
November 05, 2013
On 11/5/2013 2:41 PM, Brad Anderson wrote:
> Figured it out.  You used linux/win/installer.nsi.  I have no idea why that
> exists and what it is for.

It's so you can build the windows installer from a Linux box. I presumed it was the same.

> Maybe he should start doing pull
> requests like everyone else so people know what's going on with the repo.

It *is* in the repo. That's where I got it.

Please issue a pull request to update it.

« First   ‹ Prev
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home