mail list bounces
Apr 15, 2014
Brad Roberts
Apr 15, 2014
Rikki Cattermole
Apr 15, 2014
Kagamin
April 15, 2014
Another flurry of bounces floated through today (which I handled by removing the suspensions, again).  The only practical choice is a fairly intrusive one.  I've enabled the from_is_list option, meaning that the 'from' address from mail originating through the list will be different.  I have no idea how well or badly this will work out, but it's that or stop the mail/news gateway which is an even worse option.  I've set the mailman from_is_list option to 'wrap_message'.  This will likely be the first message through the list with that option set, so we'll see how it works out.

I've done this for only the digitalmars.d list so far, but if it works well enough, I'll make the same change to every list.

If any of you work at yahoo, would you please visit whatever team is responsible for deciding to cause this world of pain and thank them for me?

Later,
Brad
April 15, 2014
On Tuesday, 15 April 2014 at 03:46:42 UTC, Brad Roberts wrote:
> Another flurry of bounces floated through today (which I handled by removing the suspensions, again).  The only practical choice is a fairly intrusive one.  I've enabled the from_is_list option, meaning that the 'from' address from mail originating through the list will be different.  I have no idea how well or badly this will work out, but it's that or stop the mail/news gateway which is an even worse option.  I've set the mailman from_is_list option to 'wrap_message'.  This will likely be the first message through the list with that option set, so we'll see how it works out.
>
> I've done this for only the digitalmars.d list so far, but if it works well enough, I'll make the same change to every list.
>
> If any of you work at yahoo, would you please visit whatever team is responsible for deciding to cause this world of pain and thank them for me?
>
> Later,
> Brad

Perhaps we should generate some publicity for Yahoo?
I'm sure some tweets wouldn't go amiss here.
April 15, 2014
support@yahoo.com?