Thread overview
D-compiled executables being detected as viruses with BitDefender (Windows)
Feb 25, 2014
Andrej Mitrovic
Feb 17, 2016
padding-cord
Apr 13, 2017
Jesse Phillips
Apr 13, 2017
Vladimir Panteleev
Apr 13, 2017
Jesse Phillips
February 25, 2014
I've recently had some of my D DLLs being falsely identified as variants of a MiniDuke virus. But apparently I'm not the only one that ran into this:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=43027

Unfortunately the source link is dead for that person's post, but apparently it should be simple code that triggers it.

Can someone who uses BitDefender try and compile a D app to see if they can recreate this?
February 17, 2016
Can confirm -- in the hello world windows form application, calling Runtime.initialize(); causes an access violation.
April 13, 2017
On Tuesday, 25 February 2014 at 20:13:15 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> I've recently had some of my D DLLs being falsely identified as variants of a MiniDuke virus. But apparently I'm not the only one that ran into this:
>
> http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=43027
>
> Unfortunately the source link is dead for that person's post, but apparently it should be simple code that triggers it.
>
> Can someone who uses BitDefender try and compile a D app to see if they can recreate this?

I'm having this issue with the latest 2.074 DMD.

When I create a program with DMD and bitdefender will delete that file and prevent writing that file again. I can go back to 2.073.1 change the name of the executable to be written and the program will not get deleted.

Bitdefender is also removing rdmd.exe, dustmite.exe, dman.exe, ddemangle.exe after extracting the files from the 7z file.
April 13, 2017
On Thursday, 13 April 2017 at 20:49:09 UTC, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> I'm having this issue with the latest 2.074 DMD.
>
> When I create a program with DMD and bitdefender will delete that file and prevent writing that file again. I can go back to 2.073.1 change the name of the executable to be written and the program will not get deleted.
>
> Bitdefender is also removing rdmd.exe, dustmite.exe, dman.exe, ddemangle.exe after extracting the files from the 7z file.

Please report false positives directly to your antivirus vendor. (Multiple) reports from end-users will likely be more effective than one report from the software vendor.

April 13, 2017
On Thursday, 13 April 2017 at 20:56:25 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Thursday, 13 April 2017 at 20:49:09 UTC, Jesse Phillips wrote:
>> I'm having this issue with the latest 2.074 DMD.
>>
>> When I create a program with DMD and bitdefender will delete that file and prevent writing that file again. I can go back to 2.073.1 change the name of the executable to be written and the program will not get deleted.
>>
>> Bitdefender is also removing rdmd.exe, dustmite.exe, dman.exe, ddemangle.exe after extracting the files from the 7z file.
>
> Please report false positives directly to your antivirus vendor. (Multiple) reports from end-users will likely be more effective than one report from the software vendor.

Did that, little hard to do since it keeps deleting the files and took some time to find where to report it.