View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
October 07, 2007
libarchive headers for D
Hi everyone,

I just converted the libarchive[1] headers earlier today. libarchive
is a library that can read/write several formats, such as .tar. I
think the website will explain it better than I ever could so check it
out.

You can find my port at my Mercurial repository[2]. Using the
Mercurial web interface you can download the latest version as
.tar.gz, .tar.bz2 and .zip.

The ported headers use Tango for some types, such as int64_t, off_t,
etc. If you want to use this with Phobos you'll have to alias them
yourself or import the proper modules.

I haven't really tested this yet, but it should work. To compile /
install it you can use DSSS by running "dsss build" then "dsss
install". Net install will come later.

Anders

[1] http://people.freebsd.org/~kientzle/libarchive/
[2] http://hg.dronehive.net/libarchive-d/
October 07, 2007
Re: libarchive headers for D
Does this work on Windows.  Would be nice to use for my D Installer project if it does and if it does that means we will soon have a linux port available if anyone will build the full D source when it is created.

Anders Bergh Wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> 
> I just converted the libarchive[1] headers earlier today. libarchive
> is a library that can read/write several formats, such as .tar. I
> think the website will explain it better than I ever could so check it
> out.
> 
> You can find my port at my Mercurial repository[2]. Using the
> Mercurial web interface you can download the latest version as
> .tar.gz, .tar.bz2 and .zip.
> 
> The ported headers use Tango for some types, such as int64_t, off_t,
> etc. If you want to use this with Phobos you'll have to alias them
> yourself or import the proper modules.
> 
> I haven't really tested this yet, but it should work. To compile /
> install it you can use DSSS by running "dsss build" then "dsss
> install". Net install will come later.
> 
> Anders
> 
> [1] http://people.freebsd.org/~kientzle/libarchive/
> [2] http://hg.dronehive.net/libarchive-d/
October 07, 2007
Re: libarchive headers for D
On 10/7/07, Lester L. Martin II <Sarah@ewam-associates.com> wrote:
> Does this work on Windows.  Would be nice to use for my D Installer project if it does and if it does that means we will soon have a linux port available if anyone will build the full D source when it is created.

The GnuWin32 project has ports of bsdtar and libarchive. I don't know
if these are native, that is not ported using Cygwin or similar tools.

Anders
October 08, 2007
Re: libarchive headers for D
Op Sun, 7 Oct 2007 21:45:14 +0200
schreef "Anders Bergh" <anders1@gmail.com>:

> The GnuWin32 project has ports of bsdtar and libarchive. I don't know
> if these are native, that is not ported using Cygwin or similar tools.

Making native ports is the whole point of the GnuWin32 project (they
use mingw, not cygwin).


-- 
JanC
October 16, 2007
Re: libarchive headers for D
On 10/7/07, Lester L. Martin II <Sarah@ewam-associates.com> wrote:
> Does this work on Windows.  Would be nice to use for my D Installer project if it does and if it does that means we will soon have a linux port available if anyone will build the full D source when it is created.

I have updated it to work on Windows using the GnuWin32 port, but it's
not tested at all. Use dsss to download the latest libarchive-d from
my repository (dsss net install libarchive), and then download the
import library from http://andersman.org/files/libarchive-d-win.zip .

Anders
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home