View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
July 20, 2012
Preview LLVM Deimos bindings
Hi,

I've written some Deimos interface for LLVM.
https://github.com/jkm/deimos-llvm/commits/master

I'd like to get some feedback on those.
Firstly to finish these and secondly to finish some guidelines that I'd
like to propose to be published on dlang.org.

Jens
July 21, 2012
Re: Preview LLVM Deimos bindings
Very interesting. I'd be interested in making some D Native 
feeling bindings, because the LLVM C bindings are A, 
inconsistent, and B, complete shit. So this is interesting.
July 21, 2012
Re: Preview LLVM Deimos bindings
Bernard Helyer wrote:
> Very interesting. I'd be interested in making some D Native feeling
> bindings, because the LLVM C bindings are A, inconsistent, and B,
> complete shit. So this is interesting.

Building a better wrapper on top of these would be nice.
Can you give examples for A and B?

Jens
July 21, 2012
Re: Preview LLVM Deimos bindings
On Friday, 20 July 2012 at 05:36:26 UTC, Jens Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've written some Deimos interface for LLVM.
> https://github.com/jkm/deimos-llvm/commits/master
>
> I'd like to get some feedback on those.
> Firstly to finish these and secondly to finish some guidelines 
> that I'd
> like to propose to be published on dlang.org.
>
> Jens

I tried with my port of the Kaleidoscope, apart from some 
comestic changes, it worked like a charm ! (Using LLVM 3.0)

Here's the diff:
https://github.com/mlarouche/llvm-d-tutorial/commit/8e3b53a1040db672c16fd0685bd0e6fd7d075b48#main.d
July 21, 2012
Re: Preview LLVM Deimos bindings
=?UTF-8?B?Ik1pY2hhw6ts?=.Larouche" <michael.larouche@gmail.com>"@puremagic.com wrote:
> On Friday, 20 July 2012 at 05:36:26 UTC, Jens Mueller wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I've written some Deimos interface for LLVM.
> >https://github.com/jkm/deimos-llvm/commits/master
> >
> >I'd like to get some feedback on those.
> >Firstly to finish these and secondly to finish some guidelines
> >that I'd
> >like to propose to be published on dlang.org.
> >
> >Jens
> 
> I tried with my port of the Kaleidoscope, apart from some comestic
> changes, it worked like a charm ! (Using LLVM 3.0)

Thanks.
To be honest I took your main.d to verify that it works. But I'm unsure
what kind of examples to add to make sure it works. Just want something
simple but complete.

Jens
July 21, 2012
Re: Preview LLVM Deimos bindings
On Saturday, 21 July 2012 at 15:30:46 UTC, Jens Mueller wrote:
> Bernard Helyer wrote:
>> Very interesting. I'd be interested in making some D Native 
>> feeling
>> bindings, because the LLVM C bindings are A, inconsistent, and 
>> B,
>> complete shit. So this is interesting.
>
> Building a better wrapper on top of these would be nice.
> Can you give examples for A and B?
>
> Jens


The verbs used change from function to function.
I can't remember any off the top of my head, but I run into bunch 
when
using it for SDC.

As to B, they're incomplete, undocumented, and awkward to use.

No reflection on your fine work, of course. :)
July 21, 2012
Re: Preview LLVM Deimos bindings
Bernard Helyer wrote:
> On Saturday, 21 July 2012 at 15:30:46 UTC, Jens Mueller wrote:
> >Bernard Helyer wrote:
> >>Very interesting. I'd be interested in making some D Native
> >>feeling
> >>bindings, because the LLVM C bindings are A, inconsistent, and
> >>B,
> >>complete shit. So this is interesting.
> >
> >Building a better wrapper on top of these would be nice.
> >Can you give examples for A and B?
> >
> >Jens
> 
> 
> The verbs used change from function to function.
> I can't remember any off the top of my head, but I run into bunch
> when
> using it for SDC.
> 
> As to B, they're incomplete, undocumented, and awkward to use.

I see. Maybe they will improve.

> No reflection on your fine work, of course. :)

Yeah. I just translated those header files. I haven't written them.

Jens
July 22, 2012
Re: Preview LLVM Deimos bindings
Am 20.07.2012 07:35, schrieb Jens Mueller:
> Hi,
>
> I've written some Deimos interface for LLVM.
> https://github.com/jkm/deimos-llvm/commits/master
>
> I'd like to get some feedback on those.
> Firstly to finish these and secondly to finish some guidelines that I'd
> like to propose to be published on dlang.org.
>
> Jens
>

Are the bindings for 3.0 or 3.1?
I'm asking because at least some enum members have changed (don't 
exactly remember which).
July 22, 2012
Re: Preview LLVM Deimos bindings
Am 22.07.2012 07:50, schrieb Sönke Ludwig:
> re the bindings for 3.0 or 3.1?
> I'm asking because at least some enum members have changed (don't
> exactly remember which).

Looks like 3.1     https://github.com/jkm/deimos-llvm
July 22, 2012
Re: Preview LLVM Deimos bindings
Sönke Ludwig wrote:
> Am 20.07.2012 07:35, schrieb Jens Mueller:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I've written some Deimos interface for LLVM.
> >https://github.com/jkm/deimos-llvm/commits/master
> >
> >I'd like to get some feedback on those.
> >Firstly to finish these and secondly to finish some guidelines that I'd
> >like to propose to be published on dlang.org.
> >
> >Jens
> >
> 
> Are the bindings for 3.0 or 3.1?
> I'm asking because at least some enum members have changed (don't
> exactly remember which).

It's 3.1.

Jens
« First   ‹ Prev
1 2
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home