Thread overview
[IDE pr0n] DDoc templates in Coedit
Apr 27
Basile B.
Apr 27
Basile B.
May 04
Basile B.
April 27
Today's morning lead to this, a new command to insert the DDOC template for any function, template, class, struct or union.

An AST visitor is used to accurately prepares the `Params:` and the `Returns:`.

https://sendvid.com/tutungcq

Avaialble now in Coedit ~master and in a few weeks for the 3 update 1 release.
April 27
Am Thu, 27 Apr 2017 10:25:18 +0000
schrieb Basile B. <b2.temp@gmx.com>:

> Today's morning lead to this, a new command to insert the DDOC template for any function, template, class, struct or union.
> 
> An AST visitor is used to accurately prepares the `Params:` and the `Returns:`.
> 
> https://sendvid.com/tutungcq
> 
> Avaialble now in Coedit ~master and in a few weeks for the 3 update 1 release.

That's a sexy addition. It helps with authoring new code.
Maintenance help would be the next step. When you can entirely
remove DDoc from your cognitive load, it becomes more fun to
write code. I would imagine hints on public functions
without DDoc and warnings when DDoc parameter names go out of
sync.
Then again I have only looked twice at CoEdit and didn't want
to switch from Mono-D, because I had issues with the project
configuration options and the GUI toolkit would often behave
unexpectedly. I don't know how auto-completion compares
nowadays. Mono-D has the flexibility of incrementally parsing
code which means that you can be in the middle of an edit
with syntactical errors and still have auto-completion. Since
it is no longer maintained though, the future competition is
between you and that Eclipse project. :)

-- 
Marco

April 27
> […] the future competition is between you and that Eclipse project. :)

On Linux I mean.

-- 
Marco

April 27
On Thursday, 27 April 2017 at 17:04:37 UTC, Marco Leise wrote:
> Am Thu, 27 Apr 2017 10:25:18 +0000
> schrieb Basile B. <b2.temp@gmx.com>:
>
>> Today's morning lead to this, a new command to insert the DDOC template for any function, template, class, struct or union.
>> 
>> An AST visitor is used to accurately prepares the `Params:` and the `Returns:`.
>> 
>> https://sendvid.com/tutungcq
>> 
>> Avaialble now in Coedit ~master and in a few weeks for the 3 update 1 release.
>
> That's a sexy addition. It helps with authoring new code.

Thanks. I've also added a feature that adds the * or the + when ENTER is hit while in DDOC, but i did it this afternoon so it's not shown in the video.

> Maintenance help would be the next step. When you can entirely
> remove DDoc from your cognitive load, it becomes more fun to
> write code. I would imagine hints on public functions
> without DDoc and warnings when DDoc parameter names go out of
> sync.
> Then again I have only looked twice at CoEdit and didn't want
> to switch from Mono-D, because I had issues with the project
> configuration options and the GUI toolkit would often behave
> unexpectedly. I don't know how auto-completion compares
> nowadays. Mono-D has the flexibility of incrementally parsing
> code which means that you can be in the middle of an edit
> with syntactical errors and still have auto-completion. Since
> it is no longer maintained though, the future competition is
> between you and that Eclipse project. :)

Completion relies on DCD. The current behavior is that you can get completion before the error but not after. I've heard of this incremental parsing in Mono-D semantic engine but haven't use it since 2013 so i can't compare either.
May 02

On 27.04.2017 19:04, Marco Leise wrote:
> Then again I have only looked twice at CoEdit and didn't want
> to switch from Mono-D, because I had issues with the project
> configuration options and the GUI toolkit would often behave
> unexpectedly. I don't know how auto-completion compares
> nowadays. Mono-D has the flexibility of incrementally parsing
> code which means that you can be in the middle of an edit
> with syntactical errors and still have auto-completion. Since
> it is no longer maintained though, the future competition is
> between you and that Eclipse project. :)

I maintain a fork of the Mono-D parser as it is also used by Visual D: https://github.com/rainers/D_Parser/tree/visuald

Not sure if you can easily build and update it for Mono-D, though.
May 03
Am Tue, 2 May 2017 13:41:07 +0200
schrieb Rainer Schuetze <r.sagitario@gmx.de>:

> I maintain a fork of the Mono-D parser as it is also used by Visual D: https://github.com/rainers/D_Parser/tree/visuald
> 
> Not sure if you can easily build and update it for Mono-D, though.

That's worth looking into. :)

-- 
Marco

May 04
On Thursday, 27 April 2017 at 17:46:11 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
> On Thursday, 27 April 2017 at 17:04:37 UTC, Marco Leise wrote:
>> Am Thu, 27 Apr 2017 10:25:18 +0000
>> Then again I have only looked twice at CoEdit and didn't want
>> to switch from Mono-D, because I had issues with the project
>> configuration options and the GUI toolkit would often behave
>> unexpectedly. I don't know how auto-completion compares
>> nowadays. Mono-D has the flexibility of incrementally parsing
>> code which means that you can be in the middle of an edit
>> with syntactical errors and still have auto-completion. Since
>> it is no longer maintained though, the future competition is
>> between you and that Eclipse project. :)
>
> Completion relies on DCD. The current behavior is that you can get completion before the error but not after. I've heard of this incremental parsing in Mono-D semantic engine but haven't use it since 2013 so i can't compare either.

One thing I'd like to see is the same thing as in Lazarus: when there's an error and if you invoke the completion then cursor jumps to the error location !