Thread overview
5 days ago
Is there an htod for linux or an equivalent that works with Cpp, there is dstep but it does not support Cpp.
5 days ago
On Friday, 21 April 2017 at 10:54:26 UTC, سليمان السهمي (Soulaïman Sahmi) wrote:
> Is there an htod for linux or an equivalent that works with Cpp, there is dstep but it does not support Cpp.

From the very bottom of the htod doc page [1]:

"No Linux version."


https://dlang.org/htod.html
5 days ago
On Friday, 21 April 2017 at 11:40:45 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> "No Linux version."

That's a shame, any alternative with cpp support? It's quite painful to "port" something ubiquitous like std::string by hand. base_string.h is ugly, is arcane, even a parser would have a hard time with it. Hopefully it gets in core.stdcpp in the future.
5 days ago
On Friday, 21 April 2017 at 12:04:02 UTC, سليمان السهمي (Soulaïman Sahmi) wrote:
> On Friday, 21 April 2017 at 11:40:45 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>> "No Linux version."
>
> That's a shame, any alternative with cpp support? It's quite painful to "port" something ubiquitous like std::string by hand. base_string.h is ugly, is arcane, even a parser would have a hard time with it. Hopefully it gets in core.stdcpp in the future.

The only thing I'm aware of is Binderoo [1]. According to the currently skinny wiki, binderoo_util [2] can be used to generate bindings if you're invested in using the whole set up. Ethan's scheduled to give a talk about it on Day 2 of DConf [3].

[1] https://github.com/Remedy-Entertainment/binderoo/wiki
[2] https://github.com/Remedy-Entertainment/binderoo/wiki/binderoo_util
[3] http://dconf.org/2017/talks/watson.html
5 days ago
On Friday, 21 April 2017 at 12:10:04 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> The only thing I'm aware of is Binderoo [1]. According to the currently skinny wiki, binderoo_util [2] can be used to generate bindings if you're invested in using the whole set up. Ethan's scheduled to give a talk about it on Day 2 of DConf [3].
>
> [1] https://github.com/Remedy-Entertainment/binderoo/wiki
> [2] https://github.com/Remedy-Entertainment/binderoo/wiki/binderoo_util
> [3] http://dconf.org/2017/talks/watson.html

Thanks, I'll try that.
5 days ago
I think we need a dub package for the cpp standard library. If somebody has managed to get that together, it would be a great step towards better cpp interoperability.
5 days ago
You may also want to try dstep - I just recently used that tool for the first time, and it worked really well (required a bit of tweaking of the source and result files though, but nothing major).

=> https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dstep

5 days ago
On Friday, 21 April 2017 at 11:40:45 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Friday, 21 April 2017 at 10:54:26 UTC, سليمان السهمي (Soulaïman Sahmi) wrote:
>> Is there an htod for linux or an equivalent that works with Cpp, there is dstep but it does not support Cpp.
>
> From the very bottom of the htod doc page [1]:
>
> "No Linux version."
>
>
> https://dlang.org/htod.html

However, I wouldn't be surprised to get good results on wine.