Thread overview
dub getting stuck
Mar 17
Joel
Mar 18
Joel
Mar 19
Joel
March 17
macOS 10.13.6
dmd 2.085.0
dub 1.3.0

{
    "name": "server",
    "targetType": "executable",
    "description": "A testing D application.",
    "sourcePaths" : ["source"],
    "dependencies":
    {
		"vibe-d" : "~>0.8.0"
    }
}

void main()
{
    import vibe.d;
    listenHTTP(":8080", (req, res) {
        res.writeBody("Hello, World: " ~ req.path);
    });
    runApplication();
}

>dub -v
>..
>Sub package vibe-d:diet doesn't exist in vibe-d 0.8.1-alpha.1.

(gets as far as that line?!)

On another program, it gets stuck in a completely different situation.
March 17
On Sunday, 17 March 2019 at 07:20:47 UTC, Joel wrote:
> macOS 10.13.6
> dmd 2.085.0
> dub 1.3.0
>
> {
>     "name": "server",
>     "targetType": "executable",
>     "description": "A testing D application.",
>     "sourcePaths" : ["source"],
>     "dependencies":
>     {
> 		"vibe-d" : "~>0.8.0"
>     }
> }
>
> void main()
> {
>     import vibe.d;
>     listenHTTP(":8080", (req, res) {
>         res.writeBody("Hello, World: " ~ req.path);
>     });
>     runApplication();
> }
>
>>dub -v
>>..
>>Sub package vibe-d:diet doesn't exist in vibe-d 0.8.1-alpha.1.
>
> (gets as far as that line?!)
>
> On another program, it gets stuck in a completely different situation.

dub 1.3.0 is something old. Is it reproducable with a newer version?

Otherwise can be related:

https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/1345
https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/1001
March 18
On Sunday, 17 March 2019 at 09:04:37 UTC, Eugene Wissner wrote:
> On Sunday, 17 March 2019 at 07:20:47 UTC, Joel wrote:
>> macOS 10.13.6
>> dmd 2.085.0
>> dub 1.3.0

[snip]

>
> dub 1.3.0 is something old. Is it reproducable with a newer version?

Can one safely update dub by it's self (Home Brew), when it comes with DMD (Home Brew also)?

> Otherwise can be related:
>
> https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/1345
> https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/1001


March 19
On Monday, 18 March 2019 at 20:25:14 UTC, Joel wrote:
> On Sunday, 17 March 2019 at 09:04:37 UTC, Eugene Wissner wrote:
>> On Sunday, 17 March 2019 at 07:20:47 UTC, Joel wrote:
>>> macOS 10.13.6
>>> dmd 2.085.0
>>> dub 1.3.0
>
> [snip]
>
>>
>> dub 1.3.0 is something old. Is it reproducable with a newer version?
>
> Can one safely update dub by it's self (Home Brew), when it comes with DMD (Home Brew also)?

Well, I went ahead and updated dub. Looks like it's working now. Yay!

>> Otherwise can be related:
>>
>> https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/1345
>> https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/1001