Jump to page: 1 2
Thread overview
July 17
For those who want to play with our new static foreach feature and are willing to take the steps to building their own dmd, the feature is now merged in master: https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/6760

Happy hacking!

Andrei
July 17
On Monday, 17 July 2017 at 18:14:35 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> For those who want to play with our new static foreach feature and are willing to take the steps to building their own dmd, the feature is now merged in master: https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/6760
>
> Happy hacking!
>
> Andrei

or for those using homebrew: `brew install dmd --HEAD`
July 17
On Monday, 17 July 2017 at 18:14:35 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> For those who want to play with our new static foreach feature and are willing to take the steps to building their own dmd,

Or just wait for the next nightly until tomorrow around 5AM UTC.

    curl -fsS https://dlang.org/install.sh | bash -s dmd-nightly

> the feature is now merged in master: https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/6760

Great news.
July 18
On 2017-07-17 20:14, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> For those who want to play with our new static foreach feature and are willing to take the steps to building their own dmd, the feature is now merged in master: https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/6760
> 
> Happy hacking!

That was quick, and awesome :) Great work to Timon and everyone else involved.

-- 
/Jacob Carlborg
July 18
On Tuesday, 18 July 2017 at 06:48:29 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2017-07-17 20:14, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> For those who want to play with our new static foreach feature and are willing to take the steps to building their own dmd, the feature is now merged in master: https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/6760
>> 
>> Happy hacking!
>
> That was quick, and awesome :) Great work to Timon and everyone else involved.

wow! Now, just how am I supposed to be able to work today (using C) and not play with this pure awesomeness?!

July 18
On Monday, 17 July 2017 at 21:27:40 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> On Monday, 17 July 2017 at 18:14:35 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> For those who want to play with our new static foreach feature and are willing to take the steps to building their own dmd,
>
> Or just wait for the next nightly until tomorrow around 5AM UTC.
>
>     curl -fsS https://dlang.org/install.sh | bash -s dmd-nightly
>
>> the feature is now merged in master: https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/6760
>
> Great news.


And thanks to dmd-nightly, also on run.dlang.io:

https://run.dlang.io/?compiler=dmd-nightly&source=void%20main(string%5B%5D%20args)%0A%7B%0A%20%20%20%20static%20foreach%20(i;%20%5B0,1,2,3%5D)%0A%09%7B%0A%20%20%20%20%09pragma(msg,%20i);%0A%09%7D%0A%7D
July 18
On Tuesday, 18 July 2017 at 10:02:10 UTC, Seb wrote:
> And thanks to dmd-nightly, also on run.dlang.io:
>
> https://run.dlang.io/?compiler=dmd-nightly&source=void%20main(string%5B%5D%20args)%0A%7B%0A%20%20%20%20static%20foreach%20(i;%20%5B0,1,2,3%5D)%0A%09%7B%0A%20%20%20%20%09pragma(msg,%20i);%0A%09%7D%0A%7D

This link doesn't work, looks like it cuts off at the first ; ...

July 18
On Tuesday, 18 July 2017 at 10:06:33 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Tuesday, 18 July 2017 at 10:02:10 UTC, Seb wrote:
>> And thanks to dmd-nightly, also on run.dlang.io:
>>
>> https://run.dlang.io/?compiler=dmd-nightly&source=void%20main(string%5B%5D%20args)%0A%7B%0A%20%20%20%20static%20foreach%20(i;%20%5B0,1,2,3%5D)%0A%09%7B%0A%20%20%20%20%09pragma(msg,%20i);%0A%09%7D%0A%7D
>
> This link doesn't work, looks like it cuts off at the first ; ...

Oh - seems like that was due to a different behavior between FF and Chrome :/
(Chrome unescapes the semi-colon by default). This has been fixed now, so the link above or this shortlink should work: https://is.gd/1TCQOh
July 18
On Tuesday, 18 July 2017 at 10:02:10 UTC, Seb wrote:
> On Monday, 17 July 2017 at 21:27:40 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
>> On Monday, 17 July 2017 at 18:14:35 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>> For those who want to play with our new static foreach feature and are willing to take the steps to building their own dmd,
>>
>> Or just wait for the next nightly until tomorrow around 5AM UTC.
>>
>>     curl -fsS https://dlang.org/install.sh | bash -s dmd-nightly
>>
>>> the feature is now merged in master: https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/6760
>>
>> Great news.
>
>
> And thanks to dmd-nightly, also on run.dlang.io:
>
> https://run.dlang.io/?compiler=dmd-nightly&source=void%20main(string%5B%5D%20args)%0A%7B%0A%20%20%20%20static%20foreach%20(i;%20%5B0,1,2,3%5D)%0A%09%7B%0A%20%20%20%20%09pragma(msg,%20i);%0A%09%7D%0A%7D

Cool! Thank you!
July 20
On Tuesday, 18 July 2017 at 15:46:04 UTC, Seb wrote:
> https://is.gd/1TCQOh

Hmmm, that code is printing

>0
>1
>2
>3
>0
>1
>2
>3

for me. Shouldn't it just be printing once?
« First   ‹ Prev
1 2