January 12, 2005
The announcement of the new mac is all over the place now.  Judging from the response, it looks like it's quite popular.  I sure like the looks of it!  I might be bated into testing it out some day. :-)


January 12, 2005
John Reimer wrote:

> The announcement of the new mac is all over the place now.  Judging from
> the response, it looks like it's quite popular.  I sure like the looks of
> it!  I might be bated into testing it out some day. :-)

If you do, you'd be happy to know that D works on it :-)
Both in Linux PPC, as well as in the standard Mac OS X...

GDC: http://home.earthlink.net/~dvdfrdmn/d/

I could make binary packages, but I don't have the bandwidth
to host them (probably something like 20 MB each, after gzip)

--anders
January 13, 2005
It does look cool , always wanted  one too.  Does it work with any monitor or do you need a MAC monitor ?

Charlie

"John Reimer" <brk_6502@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:pan.2005.01.12.08.01.23.417711@yahoo.com...
> The announcement of the new mac is all over the place now.  Judging from the response, it looks like it's quite popular.  I sure like the looks of it!  I might be bated into testing it out some day. :-)
>
>


January 13, 2005
Charles wrote:

> It does look cool , always wanted  one too.  Does it work with any monitor
> or do you need a MAC monitor ?

Take a look at http://www.apple.com/macmini/specs.html :

> Video
> 
>     * DVI video output for digital resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 pixels
>     * VGA video output (using included adapter)
>       to support analog resolutions up to 1920 x 1080 pixels
>     * S-video and composite video output to connect directly to a  TV or
>       projector (requires Apple DVI to Video Adapter, sold separately)

And you can use any USB keyboard and mouse... Or SSH ;-)

--anders
January 13, 2005
Yes, it seems to!  It includes the adapter for normal VGA (according to
the specs).


On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:50:20 -0600, Charles wrote:

> It does look cool , always wanted  one too.  Does it work with any monitor or do you need a MAC monitor ?
> 
> Charlie
> 
> "John Reimer" <brk_6502@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:pan.2005.01.12.08.01.23.417711@yahoo.com...
>> The announcement of the new mac is all over the place now.  Judging from the response, it looks like it's quite popular.  I sure like the looks of it!  I might be bated into testing it out some day. :-)
>>
>>

January 13, 2005
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:32:27 +0100, Anders F Björklund wrote:

> John Reimer wrote:
> 
>> The announcement of the new mac is all over the place now.  Judging from the response, it looks like it's quite popular.  I sure like the looks of it!  I might be bated into testing it out some day. :-)
> 
> If you do, you'd be happy to know that D works on it :-) Both in Linux PPC, as well as in the standard Mac OS X...
> 
> GDC: http://home.earthlink.net/~dvdfrdmn/d/
> 
> I could make binary packages, but I don't have the bandwidth to host them (probably something like 20 MB each, after gzip)
> 
> --anders

Yep, that would be one of the first things that I'd try -- getting gdc set up on the mac. It would be great if we could find a site to host those binary packages! It would sure save some compiling for everyone.

- John
January 14, 2005
In article <cs6ddr$31jq$1@digitaldaemon.com>,
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anders_F_Bj=F6rklund?= says...
?
>
>Take a look at http://www.apple.com/macmini/specs.html :

About time Apple made a Mac priced for the home market.
Is the OSX SW development environment available as a free download? or just go
with gcc/gdc?


January 14, 2005
Mark T wrote:

> Is the OSX SW development environment available as a free download?

The Xcode Tools are both available for free, and included with the OS.

http://developer.apple.com/tools/
localhost:///Applications/Installers/Developer Tools/

> or just go with gcc/gdc?

While the native compiler *is* GCC, you will need an extra copy for GDC.

http://www.algonet.se/~afb/d/Makefile

--anders
January 14, 2005
While dumping some thoughts in code on the state of variables I found myself typing 'loose' boolean expression:

   mindh[y][x][0] == -maxdh[y][x-1][1];

Now, wouldn't that be a cool syntax for assertions? No function call. It totally fits into D's Design By Contract and it's very readable (I often find myself wondering what value it was assert(x) aborts on).

Lionello.


January 14, 2005
Oops, I clicked "Reply" instead of new post, please react to the new topic (in the root, as it were) instead of this one. L.

(That MAC is cool by the way)


« First   ‹ Prev
1 2
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home