View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
April 24, 2005
AES ?
Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody has written a free AES in D ? (I'm coding a
Soulseek server and I'd like to add the possibility to encrypt
client<->server communication, there may be better solutions than AES,
it's just the only one I have been thinking of).

I've seen posts talking about crypto in Deimos, but it looks like it only
has hash algorithms for now... and looking at rijndael makes my head hurt.

Thanks.
April 25, 2005
Re: AES ?
SeeSchloss wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> I was wondering if anybody has written a free AES in D ? (I'm coding a
> Soulseek server and I'd like to add the possibility to encrypt
> client<->server communication, there may be better solutions than AES,
> it's just the only one I have been thinking of).
> 
> I've seen posts talking about crypto in Deimos, but it looks like it only
> has hash algorithms for now... and looking at rijndael makes my head hurt.
> 
> Thanks.

I haven't seen one, no. D's community is pretty small and every C/C++ 
programmer I talk to is very closed minded to this "D" language. I even 
had people say that D must've been my grade in computer science, lol. 
Theres probably an RFC for AES though, and wouldn't be too difficult to 
write it. I'll see if I can at least dig up a few docs on AES.

-JC
April 26, 2005
Re: AES ?
Joshua Cearley wrote:

> SeeSchloss wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> 
>> I was wondering if anybody has written a free AES in D ? (I'm coding a
>> Soulseek server and I'd like to add the possibility to encrypt
>> client<->server communication, there may be better solutions than AES,
>> it's just the only one I have been thinking of).
>> 
>> I've seen posts talking about crypto in Deimos, but it looks like it only
>> has hash algorithms for now... and looking at rijndael makes my head hurt.
>> 
>> Thanks.
> 
> I haven't seen one, no. D's community is pretty small and every C/C++ 
> programmer I talk to is very closed minded to this "D" language. I even 
> had people say that D must've been my grade in computer science, lol. 
> Theres probably an RFC for AES though, and wouldn't be too difficult to 
> write it. I'll see if I can at least dig up a few docs on AES.

Finding docs on AES isn't too difficult, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AES has
a few interesting links, the rijndael homepage too (don't remember the
url, it's probably in wikipedia's links)... the problem is understanding
them, hehe. I tried to do something but I gave up rather quickly, I just
don't understand what I would have to do and/or how to do it :/

It isn't *that* important for me anyway, but I believe that an std.crypto
module would be a good thing for phobos, for example.

(I just noticed that my first post is missing an "implementation" in the
first sentence, btw)

SeeSchloss
April 27, 2005
Re: AES ?
http://www.obviex.com/samples/encryption.aspx

SeeSchloss wrote:
> Joshua Cearley wrote:
> 
> 
>>SeeSchloss wrote:
>>
>>>Hi all,
>>>
>>>I was wondering if anybody has written a free AES in D ? (I'm coding a
>>>Soulseek server and I'd like to add the possibility to encrypt
>>>client<->server communication, there may be better solutions than AES,
>>>it's just the only one I have been thinking of).
>>>
>>>I've seen posts talking about crypto in Deimos, but it looks like it only
>>>has hash algorithms for now... and looking at rijndael makes my head hurt.
>>>
>>>Thanks.
>>
>>I haven't seen one, no. D's community is pretty small and every C/C++ 
>>programmer I talk to is very closed minded to this "D" language. I even 
>>had people say that D must've been my grade in computer science, lol. 
>>Theres probably an RFC for AES though, and wouldn't be too difficult to 
>>write it. I'll see if I can at least dig up a few docs on AES.
> 
> 
> Finding docs on AES isn't too difficult, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AES has
> a few interesting links, the rijndael homepage too (don't remember the
> url, it's probably in wikipedia's links)... the problem is understanding
> them, hehe. I tried to do something but I gave up rather quickly, I just
> don't understand what I would have to do and/or how to do it :/
> 
> It isn't *that* important for me anyway, but I believe that an std.crypto
> module would be a good thing for phobos, for example.
> 
> (I just noticed that my first post is missing an "implementation" in the
> first sentence, btw)
> 
>  SeeSchloss
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home