March 20Thank you MoonlightSentinel!
I just noticed this PR by @MoonlightSentinel: https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/10815 When you've got a test failure in fail_compilation, normally you'd get a dump of "expected output" and "actual output". Since this can be very long, it would make my eyes bleed trying to figure out what was actually different. I'd wind up cut/pasting the dump into separate files and then running a visual diff on that. This consumed a fair amount of time. What MoonlightSentinal has done is add a "diff" section to the "expected" and "actual" sections. It's already saved me a big chunk of time. Thank you!
March 21Re: Thank you MoonlightSentinel!
Posted in reply to Walter Bright
On Saturday, 21 March 2020 at 01:51:52 UTC, Walter Bright wrote: > I just noticed this PR by @MoonlightSentinel: > [..] > Thank you! You're welcome, searching for those minor differences (e.g. 2u instead of 2UL) was just tedious.
Copyright © 1999-2018 by the D Language Foundation