View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
January 03, 2013
Website formatting errors
I was perusing old links today (I'm updating a tutorial) and 
found some strange formatting in the following pages:

http://dlang.org/expression.html#PrimaryExpressions

(see .Identifier and beyond)

http://dlang.org/template-mixin.html

(All the code samples show macros $(D ...) )

Is that a known issue or should I report them as bugs?
January 03, 2013
Re: Website formatting errors
On Thursday, January 03, 2013 21:14:16 Philippe Sigaud wrote:
> Is that a known issue or should I report them as bugs?

If you can't find it in bugzilla, report it. If it had been known though, I 
would have expected to be fixed already, since it's probably a trivial fix
(unless it's just that no one who might fix it has noticed the bug).

- Jonathan M Davis
January 03, 2013
Re: Website formatting errors
OK, done.

http://d.puremagic.com/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=9267
January 04, 2013
Re: Website formatting errors
On Thursday, 3 January 2013 at 22:16:57 UTC, Jonathan M Davis 
wrote:
> On Thursday, January 03, 2013 21:14:16 Philippe Sigaud wrote:
>> Is that a known issue or should I report them as bugs?
>
> If you can't find it in bugzilla, report it. If it had been 
> known though, I
> would have expected to be fixed already, since it's probably a 
> trivial fix
> (unless it's just that no one who might fix it has noticed the 
> bug).
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

The documentation generates correctly on my machine with the 
latest dmd.

1. The "expressions" page isn't broken.
2. The macros are correctly expanded inside example code.

I'd be *tempted* to say that 1. was just a glitch.

2. Seems more seriously broken, as there are bits of D macros in 
example sections, in particular $(B bold), all over the place. 
Just open any random page and search for "($".

The solution *might* be to just regenerate the doc with the 
latest dmd and see what happens...?
January 04, 2013
Re: Website formatting errors
I noticed too that something was wrong by browsing to
http://dlang.org/operatoroverloading.html and scrolling down. I was
blaming my browser but seems like I'm not the only one.
January 04, 2013
Re: Website formatting errors
On Friday, 4 January 2013 at 09:05:34 UTC, maarten van damme 
wrote:
> I noticed too that something was wrong by browsing to
> http://dlang.org/operatoroverloading.html and scrolling down. I 
> was
> blaming my browser but seems like I'm not the only one.

I am 500% sure that the page Operator Overloading used to be fine 
before, so this is new.
January 04, 2013
Re: Website formatting errors
04-Jan-2013 12:10, monarch_dodra пишет:
> On Thursday, 3 January 2013 at 22:16:57 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>> On Thursday, January 03, 2013 21:14:16 Philippe Sigaud wrote:
>>> Is that a known issue or should I report them as bugs?
>>
>> If you can't find it in bugzilla, report it. If it had been known
>> though, I
>> would have expected to be fixed already, since it's probably a trivial
>> fix
>> (unless it's just that no one who might fix it has noticed the bug).
>>
>> - Jonathan M Davis
>
> The documentation generates correctly on my machine with the latest dmd.
>
> 1. The "expressions" page isn't broken.
> 2. The macros are correctly expanded inside example code.
>
> I'd be *tempted* to say that 1. was just a glitch.
>
> 2. Seems more seriously broken, as there are bits of D macros in example
> sections, in particular $(B bold), all over the place. Just open any
> random page and search for "($".
>
> The solution *might* be to just regenerate the doc with the latest dmd
> and see what happens...?

It's a backfire of a bugfix. Clearly I for one was bitten by accidental 
"macro" expansion in code example. Take for instance $1, $2 etc in 
std.regex replace.

Code example obviously shouldn't have any macros in it (it previously 
had). I'd say it's time to make a pass over docs which is something I'll 
try.

-- 
Dmitry Olshansky
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home