February 14
On Sunday, 14 February 2021 at 18:22:14 UTC, superbomba wrote:
> On Sunday, 14 February 2021 at 15:55:34 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
>> On Sunday, 14 February 2021 at 13:36:14 UTC, superbomba wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> Can you try using another browser?
>
> I've tried both Chrome and FireFox (I admit they're all old versions). Interesting that I can visit any stream site like YT, Twitch, Dailymotion and others normally but unfortunately not this Jitsi.
>
>> I guess we could try to stream it, but idk. Then we would need everyone's consent.
>
> Well don't need to bother about this, I'd like to watch to keep up with things related to D, but I think most of it will eventually be on Forum somehow.
>
> Thanks for trying anyway.
>
> superbomba.

If you join the Discord server you can ask questions there and we can bring them up if you want?
February 14
On Sunday, 14 February 2021 at 19:59:10 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> If you join the Discord server you can ask questions there and we can bring them up if you want?

Well I was looking more to watch discussion and gather information than participate.

Finally I appreciate your help and will do if it's the case.

Thanks,

superbomba.
February 14
On Sunday, 14 February 2021 at 18:22:14 UTC, superbomba wrote:
>
> I've tried both Chrome and FireFox (I admit they're all old versions). Interesting that I can visit any stream site like YT, Twitch, Dailymotion and others normally but unfortunately not this Jitsi.

The specific browser feature Jitsi uses is called "WebRTC". It's a separate thing from the feature used for video-streaming sites like Youtube and Twitch, so it's not too surprising that one works and the other doesn't.
February 15
On Sunday, 14 February 2021 at 23:30:56 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
> The specific browser feature Jitsi uses is called "WebRTC". It's a separate thing from the feature used for video-streaming sites like Youtube and Twitch, so it's not too surprising that one works and the other doesn't.

The problem isn't that despite that I gave examples of video streaming sites, I could say the same for other online meetings, like: Google's Hangout, Join.me and many others that I can access without problem.

I took a look at the old post and back then I wrote: https://forum.dlang.org/post/abtmkujhmcegevgsymhx@forum.dlang.org

>Can't participate, both browsers gave me:

>On FF:

>2021-01-30T18:50:28.769Z [modules/browser/BrowserCapabilities.js] This appears to be firefox, ver: 52.0  lib-jitsi-meet.min.js:10:28442
SyntaxError: invalid property id  app.bundle.min.js:240:897408


>On Chrome:

>lib-jitsi-meet.min.js:1 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier
app.bundle.min.js:24 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token (
Dlang2021JanuaryBeerConf:21 Uncaught ReferenceError: JitsiMeetJS is not defined"


This was a problem with JavaScript.

Please don't bother to tell me that my FF is old, I know that and except for this Jitsi site, I can use it normally everywhere else.

superbomba.
February 15
On Monday, 15 February 2021 at 00:18:46 UTC, superbomba wrote:
> On Sunday, 14 February 2021 at 23:30:56 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
>> [...]
>
> The problem isn't that despite that I gave examples of video streaming sites, I could say the same for other online meetings, like: Google's Hangout, Join.me and many others that I can access without problem.
>
> [...]

You should keep your browser updated. Firefox version 52 is so old it won't have any spectre or meltdown mitigations and countless other security bugs.
5 days ago
On 2/13/21 3:48 PM, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> The snowy edition. Don't know about everyone else, but I've been enjoying the nice snowfall that the Northeast US has been receiving (especially on the mostly 100% open ski mountains).
> 
> This month, we will have the hangout online on Feb 27-28. So pick up your favorite brews (or whatever you like), and join us for some fun D topics or whatever else you fancy!
> 
> I created a wiki page for Beerconf, as suggested to make sure people understand what it's about. Please read (and improve) here: https://wiki.dlang.org/Beerconf
> 
> Cheers! 🍺


A reminder to everyone, this is happening starting tomorrow. Details will be posted on the link when it's open.

See you then!

-Steve
5 days ago
On Friday, 26 February 2021 at 14:55:28 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> On 2/13/21 3:48 PM, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> The snowy edition. Don't know about everyone else, but I've been enjoying the nice snowfall that the Northeast US has been receiving (especially on the mostly 100% open ski mountains).
>> 
>> This month, we will have the hangout online on Feb 27-28. So pick up your favorite brews (or whatever you like), and join us for some fun D topics or whatever else you fancy!
>> 
>> I created a wiki page for Beerconf, as suggested to make sure people understand what it's about. Please read (and improve) here: https://wiki.dlang.org/Beerconf
>> 
>> Cheers! 🍺
>
>
> A reminder to everyone, this is happening starting tomorrow. Details will be posted on the link when it's open.
>
> See you then!
>
> -Steve

Nice, I have a quick question. What time zones are ppl in? Like, I'm utc+1 and I apparently missed Walter last time for example.
4 days ago
On 2/13/21 7:49 PM, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> ancient version of firefox.
I don't think my Firefox is ancient but I still can't use it for Beerconf. Google Chrome works for me.

Ali
4 days ago
On 2/26/21 6:55 AM, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

> A reminder to everyone

Thank you very much for all who is involved organizing Beerconf.

> this is happening starting tomorrow.

Whose tomorrow? :) For some reason I need exact times for this. Is it all weekend hours anywhere on the world or specific UTC times?

Ali

4 days ago
On Friday, 26 February 2021 at 18:06:45 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> Whose tomorrow? :) For some reason I need exact times for this. Is it all weekend hours anywhere on the world or specific UTC times?

The way it works is usually one person gets on at some random point typically around the European morning - they'll message when it is up - then it just stays on until Sunday evening in the US east.

People come and go as they please over that whole ~40ish hour period.
1 2 3