View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
May 02, 2012
bootDoc - advanced DDoc framework using Twitter's Bootstrap
This project is finally published and documented, so here's an 
announcement.

    https://github.com/JakobOvrum/bootDoc

bootDoc is a configurable DDoc theme, with advanced JavaScript 
features like a package tree and module tree, as well as fully 
qualified symbol anchors. The style itself and some of the 
components come from Twitter's Bootstrap framework.

Demonstration of Phobos documentation using bootDoc

    http://jakobovrum.github.com/bootdoc-phobos/

LuaD's official documentation also uses bootDoc

    http://jakobovrum.github.com/LuaD/

bootDoc is designed to be easily usable with any project. It is 
used as a git-submodule in both of the above sample scenarios. 
All project-specific settings are provided by a separate 
configuration file (settings.ddoc), which is documented on the 
project's Github wiki.

bootDoc includes a general-purpose generation script. See the 
readme on Github for usage information. The script uses a 
candyDoc-style modules.ddoc as input, making the transition from 
candyDoc projects easy.

Note about noscript: JavaScript is used to get around the static 
nature of DDoc. The sidebar does not work without JavaScript, and 
neither do fully qualified anchor names. However, anchors with 
ambiguous names (such as those usable for symbols on dlang.org) 
work both with and without JavaScript, with the same limitations.

Comments, issues, enhancement requests, questions or rants about 
JavaScript - all feedback is much appreciated!
May 02, 2012
Re: bootDoc - advanced DDoc framework using Twitter's Bootstrap
On 2012-05-02 20:26, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
> This project is finally published and documented, so here's an
> announcement.
>
> https://github.com/JakobOvrum/bootDoc
>
> bootDoc is a configurable DDoc theme, with advanced JavaScript features
> like a package tree and module tree, as well as fully qualified symbol
> anchors. The style itself and some of the components come from Twitter's
> Bootstrap framework.

Looks good.

-- 
/Jacob Carlborg
May 02, 2012
Re: bootDoc - advanced DDoc framework using Twitter's Bootstrap
On 02.05.2012 22:26, Jakob Ovrum wrote:

> Note about noscript: JavaScript is used to get around the static nature
> of DDoc. The sidebar does not work without JavaScript, and neither do
> fully qualified anchor names. However, anchors with ambiguous names
> (such as those usable for symbols on dlang.org) work both with and
> without JavaScript, with the same limitations.

Wooha! remove in std.algorithm finally points to _function_.
Impressed :)
(BTW It's still "points" to enum in dlang.org)

>
> Comments, issues, enhancement requests, questions or rants about
> JavaScript - all feedback is much appreciated!
>


-- 
Dmitry Olshansky
May 02, 2012
Re: bootDoc - advanced DDoc framework using Twitter's Bootstrap
On Wednesday, 2 May 2012 at 18:26:11 UTC, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
> This project is finally published and documented, so here's an 
> announcement.
>
>     https://github.com/JakobOvrum/bootDoc
>
> bootDoc is a configurable DDoc theme, with advanced JavaScript 
> features like a package tree and module tree, as well as fully 
> qualified symbol anchors. The style itself and some of the 
> components come from Twitter's Bootstrap framework.
>
> Demonstration of Phobos documentation using bootDoc
>
>     http://jakobovrum.github.com/bootdoc-phobos/
>
> LuaD's official documentation also uses bootDoc
>
>     http://jakobovrum.github.com/LuaD/
>
> bootDoc is designed to be easily usable with any project. It is 
> used as a git-submodule in both of the above sample scenarios. 
> All project-specific settings are provided by a separate 
> configuration file (settings.ddoc), which is documented on the 
> project's Github wiki.
>
> bootDoc includes a general-purpose generation script. See the 
> readme on Github for usage information. The script uses a 
> candyDoc-style modules.ddoc as input, making the transition 
> from candyDoc projects easy.
>
> Note about noscript: JavaScript is used to get around the 
> static nature of DDoc. The sidebar does not work without 
> JavaScript, and neither do fully qualified anchor names. 
> However, anchors with ambiguous names (such as those usable for 
> symbols on dlang.org) work both with and without JavaScript, 
> with the same limitations.
>
> Comments, issues, enhancement requests, questions or rants 
> about JavaScript - all feedback is much appreciated!

Great!
I will try this :)


Masahiro
May 02, 2012
Re: bootDoc - advanced DDoc framework using Twitter's Bootstrap
While it would be nice if the nav tree were still there w/o JS, and I'm not 
personally a fan of CSS(or HTML)-based "frames", this is definitely a very 
nice, clean, great-looking theme!
May 03, 2012
Re: bootDoc - advanced DDoc framework using Twitter's Bootstrap
On Wednesday, 2 May 2012 at 21:42:21 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> While it would be nice if the nav tree were still there w/o JS, 
> and I'm not
> personally a fan of CSS(or HTML)-based "frames", this is 
> definitely a very
> nice, clean, great-looking theme!

Alright, with some effort, I made it so that at least a basic 
module list works without JS. It looks pretty alright with 
noscript now.
May 03, 2012
Re: bootDoc - advanced DDoc framework using Twitter's Bootstrap
On Wednesday, 2 May 2012 at 18:26:11 UTC, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
> This project is finally published and documented, so here's an 
> announcement.
>
>     https://github.com/JakobOvrum/bootDoc
>
> bootDoc is a configurable DDoc theme, with advanced JavaScript 
> features like a package tree and module tree, as well as fully 
> qualified symbol anchors. The style itself and some of the 
> components come from Twitter's Bootstrap framework.

I would make a minor change that lets you see the function tree 
near the top. On my laptop screen (about a standard size) I have 
to scroll down about an entire screen to see it. How this is 
implemented is up to you, but being able to collapse to module 
view might be enough.

--
James Miller
May 03, 2012
Re: bootDoc - advanced DDoc framework using Twitter's Bootstrap
On 5/3/12 1:26 AM, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
> This project is finally published and documented, so here's an
> announcement.
>
> https://github.com/JakobOvrum/bootDoc
>
> bootDoc is a configurable DDoc theme, with advanced JavaScript features
> like a package tree and module tree, as well as fully qualified symbol
> anchors. The style itself and some of the components come from Twitter's
> Bootstrap framework.
>
> Demonstration of Phobos documentation using bootDoc
>
> http://jakobovrum.github.com/bootdoc-phobos/

Very nice!

But why the symbols inside std.algorithm, for instance, are not sorted?

http://jakobovrum.github.com/bootdoc-phobos/std.algorithm.html

(they are kind of sorted by chunks...)

Now if it only had cross references... :-P
May 03, 2012
Re: bootDoc - advanced DDoc framework using Twitter's Bootstrap
On Thursday, 3 May 2012 at 05:14:43 UTC, James Miller wrote:
> On Wednesday, 2 May 2012 at 18:26:11 UTC, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
>> This project is finally published and documented, so here's an 
>> announcement.
>>
>>    https://github.com/JakobOvrum/bootDoc
>>
>> bootDoc is a configurable DDoc theme, with advanced JavaScript 
>> features like a package tree and module tree, as well as fully 
>> qualified symbol anchors. The style itself and some of the 
>> components come from Twitter's Bootstrap framework.
>
> I would make a minor change that lets you see the function tree 
> near the top. On my laptop screen (about a standard size) I 
> have to scroll down about an entire screen to see it. How this 
> is implemented is up to you, but being able to collapse to 
> module view might be enough.
>
> --
> James Miller

Packages in the module view are collapsable, just click on them.

Having the module list in its entirety collapsable might be an 
idea, but unless your project has a ton of top-level packages and 
modules, it won't help much with your specific problem (the 
situation would be almost the same).

I am considering putting the module tree and symbol tree in tabs 
instead of below each other.
May 03, 2012
Re: bootDoc - advanced DDoc framework using Twitter's Bootstrap
"Jakob Ovrum" <jakobovrum@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:lbskaseedspulyynaqlb@forum.dlang.org...
> On Wednesday, 2 May 2012 at 21:42:21 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> While it would be nice if the nav tree were still there w/o JS, and I'm 
>> not
>> personally a fan of CSS(or HTML)-based "frames", this is definitely a 
>> very
>> nice, clean, great-looking theme!
>
> Alright, with some effort, I made it so that at least a basic module list 
> works without JS. It looks pretty alright with noscript now.
>

Very nice :)
« First   ‹ Prev
1 2 3 4
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home