August 10
On Thursday, 10 August 2017 at 14:42:43 UTC, Wild wrote:
> On Thursday, 10 August 2017 at 14:26:41 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> That's great. Do you want to maintain the package for DStep as well as Dicebot did?
>
> I could do that, but what I can see Dicebot still maintains it
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/dstep/
> But it could just be that he has forgot to orphan it.

Thanks for bringing my attention to it, I have disowned both it and dstep-git. Note though that you could take it over anyway if you intend to move it to [community] as a TU - contacting original author is only matter of politeness.

And of course congratulations for becoming a TU! :)
August 10
On Thursday, 10 August 2017 at 15:18:31 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> Thanks for bringing my attention to it, I have disowned both it and dstep-git. Note though that you could take it over anyway if you intend to move it to [community] as a TU - contacting original author is only matter of politeness.
I didn't want to take it over if you still wanted to maintain it

> And of course congratulations for becoming a TU! :)
Thanks, and while I have you here, is there any reason why all the dtools programs have 'dtools-' as a prefix?


August 10
On Thursday, 10 August 2017 at 15:36:54 UTC, Wild wrote:
>> And of course congratulations for becoming a TU! :)
> Thanks, and while I have you here, is there any reason why all the dtools programs have 'dtools-' as a prefix?

Some of them have very common names (like "detab") and I was concerned that it may eventually clash with binary name of some other totally unrelated utility from a different package. And for convenience more commonly used / uniquely named ones like rdmd also provide shorter symlink.
August 11
On Wednesday, 9 August 2017 at 20:42:48 UTC, Wild wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> The D packages for ArchLinux has been orphaned since Dicebot stepped down as the maintainer and no one else stepped up. So I decided to step up and apply to become a Trusted User, and I got accepted yesterday[1]. So from now on I will be the one who maintains all the D packages (in the [community] repo), and it will be my job to fix them if they break.
>
> [...]

Awesome, thanks!

Voted for all 4 packages on the AUR.

Atila
5 days ago
On Wednesday, 9 August 2017 at 20:50:36 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> On Wednesday, 9 August 2017 at 20:42:48 UTC, Wild wrote:
>>
>> I hope I can maintain ArchLinux as a great environment to use D.
>>
>
> You are not only the new package mainainer but also my new Hero :)

+10
1 day ago
Heading over to the AUR right now! Looking forward to seeing those packages added to community!
Next ›   Last »
1 2