Thread overview
dpaste.dzfl.pl is down
Mar 09
bauss
Mar 12
nazriel
Mar 12
user1234
March 08
Any chance to see it online again? I need to retrieve a snippet I pasted it some months ago.

Andrea
March 09
On Friday, 8 March 2019 at 15:18:41 UTC, Andrea Fontana wrote:
> Any chance to see it online again? I need to retrieve a snippet I pasted it some months ago.
>
> Andrea

I'm aware that you are asking to retrieve a snippet but honestly, run.dlang.io has existed for a really long time and is a way better alternative.

I'm not sure who ran dpaste though so I don't know who'd have to be contacted.
March 12
On Saturday, 9 March 2019 at 10:24:04 UTC, bauss wrote:
> On Friday, 8 March 2019 at 15:18:41 UTC, Andrea Fontana wrote:
>> Any chance to see it online again? I need to retrieve a snippet I pasted it some months ago.
>>
>> Andrea
>
> I'm aware that you are asking to retrieve a snippet but honestly, run.dlang.io has existed for a really long time and is a way better alternative.
>
> I'm not sure who ran dpaste though so I don't know who'd have to be contacted.

Vladimir Panteleev is usually good point of contact since he is hosting the infrastructure for it. Or me via email since I don't lurk that often nowdays on forum/irc.

I totally agree that run.dlag.io is way better alternative - and I wonder if making dpaste readonly archive with "New paste" links pointing to run.dlang.io might be good idea.

This way old snippets will be still available, old users will be redirected to new service and we will be able to release resources on Vladimir's server (for the backend part).

From what I've noticed dlang.org is using run.dlang.io as run service for examples so there is not much sense in keeping dpaste in current form alive (also the spam ugh :D)

Best regards,
Damian
March 12
On Tuesday, 12 March 2019 at 14:32:45 UTC, nazriel wrote:
> Vladimir Panteleev is usually good point of contact since he is hosting the infrastructure for it. Or me via email since I don't lurk that often nowdays on forum/irc.
>
> I totally agree that run.dlag.io is way better alternative - and I wonder if making dpaste readonly archive with "New paste" links pointing to run.dlang.io might be good idea.

I'm not sure if this is really a good idea. I'm afraid that the spam issues encountered by dpaste in the past would be deported to run.dlang.io