January 28, 2014
New DCD and DScanner betas are  ready for testing. The tags can be found here:

https://github.com/Hackerpilot/DCD/tree/0.3.0-beta1
https://github.com/Hackerpilot/Dscanner/tree/0.1.0-beta1

DCD Changes:
* Uptake new lexer/parser/ast code from DScanner
* Add new --symbolLocation switch that instructs the server to return the
  declaration location of the symbol at the cursor
* Add new --doc switch that instructs the server to return any documentation
  comments associated with the symbol at the cursor
* Fixed #89: Template declarations not included in autocomplete
* Fixed #88: Fully qualified names not working
* Fixed #82: Unable to generate calltips for methods called on variables
* Fixed #79: Unable to build with both DMD and GDC
* Fixed #75: Vim plugin doesn't work?

DScanner changes:
* Now actually tagged with version numbers!
* Implemented experimental --styleCheck option that will run some basic
  static analysis checks on the files provided.
** Warns when opCmp, toHash, toString, and opEquals are not const
** Warns on implicit concatenation of string literals
** Warns on catching the base exception types (i.e Exception, Throwable, etc)
** Warns when the deprecated floating-point operators are used
** Warns when the deprecated "delete" keyword is used
** Warns when large enum constants such as array literals are created.
** Warns when using old-style alias declarations (i.e. alias type identifier
   instead of alias identifier = type)
** Warns when using deprecated complex number literals.
** Warns on empty statements (i.e. spare semicolons)
** Warns when using large number literals without underscores
** Warns on violations of the Phobos naming conventions (e.g. mixed case
   package names, lowercase class names, etc)
* Fixed many issues in the parser
* Fixed issues with the AST dump not correctly printing several expression node
  types
* Rewrote lexer, parser, and AST code. The new lexer generator should be ready
  for another Phobos review very soon.

About DCD:

DCD is the D Completion Daemon, a text editor and IDE-neutral autocompletion engine for the D programming language. DCD has plugins for several editors such as Textadept, Kate, Vim, Emacs, Zeus, and Sublime Text 3.

About DScanner:

DScanner is a Swiss army knife for D source code. It can perform various tasks such as
* Source line of code counting
* Import listing
* HTML syntax highlighting
* Syntax checking
* Some basic static analysis
* Generating CTAGS
* Generating an outline of a D file
* Dumping the AST of a D file into an XML file.

P.S. Only the Textadept module has support for the new --symbolLocation and --doc switches. If you're one of the excellent people who wrote one of the other plugins, I'd appreciate your help adding support for these features to your favorite editor before a non-beta release is tagged.
January 28, 2014
On Tuesday, 28 January 2014 at 09:58:27 UTC, Brian Schott wrote:
> New DCD and DScanner betas are  ready for testing. The tags can be found here:
>
> https://github.com/Hackerpilot/DCD/tree/0.3.0-beta1
> https://github.com/Hackerpilot/Dscanner/tree/0.1.0-beta1
>
> DCD Changes:
> * Uptake new lexer/parser/ast code from DScanner
> * Add new --symbolLocation switch that instructs the server to return the
>   declaration location of the symbol at the cursor
> * Add new --doc switch that instructs the server to return any documentation
>   comments associated with the symbol at the cursor
> * Fixed #89: Template declarations not included in autocomplete
> * Fixed #88: Fully qualified names not working
> * Fixed #82: Unable to generate calltips for methods called on variables
> * Fixed #79: Unable to build with both DMD and GDC
> * Fixed #75: Vim plugin doesn't work?
>
> DScanner changes:
> * Now actually tagged with version numbers!
> * Implemented experimental --styleCheck option that will run some basic
>   static analysis checks on the files provided.
> ** Warns when opCmp, toHash, toString, and opEquals are not const
> ** Warns on implicit concatenation of string literals
> ** Warns on catching the base exception types (i.e Exception, Throwable, etc)
> ** Warns when the deprecated floating-point operators are used
> ** Warns when the deprecated "delete" keyword is used
> ** Warns when large enum constants such as array literals are created.
> ** Warns when using old-style alias declarations (i.e. alias type identifier
>    instead of alias identifier = type)
> ** Warns when using deprecated complex number literals.
> ** Warns on empty statements (i.e. spare semicolons)
> ** Warns when using large number literals without underscores
> ** Warns on violations of the Phobos naming conventions (e.g. mixed case
>    package names, lowercase class names, etc)
> * Fixed many issues in the parser
> * Fixed issues with the AST dump not correctly printing several expression node
>   types
> * Rewrote lexer, parser, and AST code. The new lexer generator should be ready
>   for another Phobos review very soon.
>
> About DCD:
>
> DCD is the D Completion Daemon, a text editor and IDE-neutral autocompletion engine for the D programming language. DCD has plugins for several editors such as Textadept, Kate, Vim, Emacs, Zeus, and Sublime Text 3.
>
> About DScanner:
>
> DScanner is a Swiss army knife for D source code. It can perform various tasks such as
> * Source line of code counting
> * Import listing
> * HTML syntax highlighting
> * Syntax checking
> * Some basic static analysis
> * Generating CTAGS
> * Generating an outline of a D file
> * Dumping the AST of a D file into an XML file.
>
> P.S. Only the Textadept module has support for the new --symbolLocation and --doc switches. If you're one of the excellent people who wrote one of the other plugins, I'd appreciate your help adding support for these features to your favorite editor before a non-beta release is tagged.

You're work is filling an important gap. Thanks.

I have just finished updating Sublime Text 3 plugin to use Goto Definition feature. But I'm still wondering on how to approach the documentation preview feature as Sublime doesn't provide much.

https://github.com/yazd/DKit
January 29, 2014
Could you help me with installation of Sublime plugin. I can't
find menu: "Preferences -> Package Settings -> DKit -> Settings -
User" in Sublime interface.
January 29, 2014
Oh! That's my issue!
January 29, 2014
Can't get it work. I added next settings:

{
  "dcd_path": "C:\\D\\dmd2\\windows\\bin",
  "dcd_port": 9166,
  "include_paths": [
    "C:\\D\\dmd2\\src\\phobos", "C:\\D\\dmd2\\src\\druntime\\import"
  ]
}


and put dcd-server.exe and dcd-client.exe (just 2 files) at C:\\D\\dmd2\\windows\\bin folder.

No I am trying to start write code, but I do not see auto complication future.
January 29, 2014
Look like I was need to write
C:\\D\\dmd2\\windows\\bin\\
instead of C:\\D\\dmd2\\windows\\bin

Thanks! All work!
January 29, 2014
For thous who very lazy to build Sublime integration manually I would like suggest ready to use package. Gust unzip and fix paths (if needed)
http://dynamic.dlang.ru/Files/2014/Sublime-D-integration-plugin-29-01-2014.zip
January 29, 2014
On Wednesday, 29 January 2014 at 06:53:34 UTC, Suliman wrote:
> Look like I was need to write
> C:\\D\\dmd2\\windows\\bin\\
> instead of C:\\D\\dmd2\\windows\\bin
>
> Thanks! All work!

That's weird. Anyway, if you would like to help with Windows setup, please submit your difficulties in a pull request to update the README, or point in them in the issue tracker on github as I have not personally run the plugin on a Windows machine.
January 29, 2014
On Wednesday, 29 January 2014 at 07:52:20 UTC, yazd wrote:
> On Wednesday, 29 January 2014 at 06:53:34 UTC, Suliman wrote:
>> Look like I was need to write
>> C:\\D\\dmd2\\windows\\bin\\
>> instead of C:\\D\\dmd2\\windows\\bin
>>
>> Thanks! All work!
>
> That's weird. Anyway, if you would like to help with Windows setup, please submit your difficulties in a pull request to update the README, or point in them in the issue tracker on github as I have not personally run the plugin on a Windows machine.

Again my issue. All work without \\ at the end! thanks for help!
January 29, 2014
Vim plugin seems to be in a messy state right now.
Completion only "works" after a dot, and even then it produces
strange output on the dcd-server logging window. Perhaps in needs
some update due to changes to the server and client code?
« First   ‹ Prev
1 2 3 4 5 6
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home