September 07
On Friday, 4 September 2020 at 09:10:06 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
> I don't know why this was brought up on the silq post on the announce forums (https://forum.dlang.org/post/ghbdinuaigakgobgnajj@forum.dlang.org) but I really like the idea of having a forum for started, work-in-progress or finished projects.
>
> I would like to ask here more generally: can we get a Projects sub forum / mailing list on forum.dlang.org?
>
> I think having a Projects list between General and Announce would fit quite well and I do like the idea of it a lot.

Please let's make the Projects subforum happen
September 07
On Saturday, 5 September 2020 at 12:54:54 UTC, aberba wrote:
> On Friday, 4 September 2020 at 23:16:59 UTC, Seb wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> Yes, but it requires the action of three people:
>> - Vladimir (for DFeed, i.e. forum.dlang.org)
>> - Walter (for NNTP)
>> - Brad (for the mailing list, e.g. http://lists.puremagic.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/digitalmars-d-announce)
>>
>> Ping me if you miss the contact details for them.
>>
>> PS: It would be a lot easier if DFeed would managed everything ...
>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> We already have this problem with the other subforums that aren't used anymore.
> That's because most of those are outside the interesting areas...DWT,  Study (Andrei's thing), ....
>
>
> But for projects...if people are not hacking around and doing stuff in the language, what else is its use? The dlang discord is full of projects and experiments...if only you're onnit.
>
>
>> They really should be removed or at least hidden from the web interface.

You misunderstood me.
I was arguing that we already have this problem, hence obviously it can't be such a big deal.

My point that these old forums (no activity > 1 year) should be hidden/removed wasn't directed at the projects repository.
September 07
On Friday, 4 September 2020 at 14:25:00 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> I'll prolly code my little thingy over the weekend.

silly name i will prolly move it later but here's the little thingy i made up:

https://dwidder.arsdnet.net/
September 10
On Monday, 7 September 2020 at 18:51:43 UTC, aberba wrote:
> On Friday, 4 September 2020 at 09:10:06 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
>> I don't know why this was brought up on the silq post on the announce forums (https://forum.dlang.org/post/ghbdinuaigakgobgnajj@forum.dlang.org) but I really like the idea of having a forum for started, work-in-progress or finished projects.
>>
>> I would like to ask here more generally: can we get a Projects sub forum / mailing list on forum.dlang.org?
>>
>> I think having a Projects list between General and Announce would fit quite well and I do like the idea of it a lot.
>
> Please let's make the Projects subforum happen

Has anything been done in this direction already? Did we get any feedback from the people in charge?
September 10
On Monday, 7 September 2020 at 20:52:53 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Friday, 4 September 2020 at 14:25:00 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>> I'll prolly code my little thingy over the weekend.
>
> silly name i will prolly move it later but here's the little thingy i made up:
>
> https://dwidder.arsdnet.net/


You should put this (with the link to your blog about) on announce (if you are satisfied with the functionality?).

And what about linking it from code.dlang.org to invite people just publishing updates or new DUB packages to write a few words about?

Regards mt.
September 10
On 2020-09-05 14:54, aberba wrote:

> That's because most of those are outside the interesting areas...DWT

What's wrong with DWT? GUI is quite a hot topic in these forums from time to time.

-- 
/Jacob Carlborg
September 11
On Friday, 4 September 2020 at 09:10:06 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
> I don't know why this was brought up on the silq post on the announce forums (https://forum.dlang.org/post/ghbdinuaigakgobgnajj@forum.dlang.org) but I really like the idea of having a forum for started, work-in-progress or finished projects.
>
> I would like to ask here more generally: can we get a Projects sub forum / mailing list on forum.dlang.org?
>
> I think having a Projects list between General and Announce would fit quite well and I do like the idea of it a lot.

What if we added a Gratitude forum? I love the wholesome vibes I get from the D community and I'd love to preserve it.
September 11
On Friday, 11 September 2020 at 14:44:54 UTC, James Lu wrote:
> On Friday, 4 September 2020 at 09:10:06 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
>> I don't know why this was brought up on the silq post on the announce forums (https://forum.dlang.org/post/ghbdinuaigakgobgnajj@forum.dlang.org) but I really like the idea of having a forum for started, work-in-progress or finished projects.
>>
>> I would like to ask here more generally: can we get a Projects sub forum / mailing list on forum.dlang.org?
>>
>> I think having a Projects list between General and Announce would fit quite well and I do like the idea of it a lot.
>
> What if we added a Gratitude forum? I love the wholesome vibes I get from the D community and I'd love to preserve it.

That would be a largely empty forum.
Next ›   Last »
1 2