Thread overview
[Coedit] Auto Completion when typing
Apr 30
jkpl
May 01
Basile B.
Jun 18
Basile B.
April 30
As noone did answer my question in the other thread:

Does Coedit have an option to automatically trigger completion while typing?
April 30
On Sunday, 30 April 2017 at 15:28:40 UTC, Jolly James wrote:
> As noone did answer my question in the other thread:
>
> Does Coedit have an option to automatically trigger completion while typing?

https://github.com/BBasile/Coedit/issues/134

But the other day on IRC people seem to mock (laugh at) this feature.
May 01
On Sunday, 30 April 2017 at 21:00:52 UTC, jkpl wrote:
> On Sunday, 30 April 2017 at 15:28:40 UTC, Jolly James wrote:
>> As noone did answer my question in the other thread:
>>
>> Does Coedit have an option to automatically trigger completion while typing?
>
> https://github.com/BBasile/Coedit/issues/134
>
> But the other day on IRC people seem to mock (laugh at) this feature.

I just asked if people had the feeling of "turning into the light" when they discovered the feature, (e.g "Allelujah !"). Slightly sarcastic, nothing outrageous...
May 02
On Sunday, 30 April 2017 at 15:28:40 UTC, Jolly James wrote:
> As noone did answer my question in the other thread:

Which other thread ?

> Does Coedit have an option to automatically trigger completion while typing?

The feature is now in ~master ([1]). It will be part of the version 3 update 1 which i'll release this week.

[1]: https://github.com/BBasile/Coedit/commit/1f20bd9b6ccae66e2de2a7ca2e2045b1f5e29fa9
May 04
On Monday, 1 May 2017 at 15:45:25 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
> I just asked if people had the feeling of "turning into the light" when they discovered the feature, (e.g "Allelujah !"). Slightly sarcastic, nothing outrageous...
Asking pros does not help noobs.

As a user of IntelliJ, MonoDevelop, VS and co. you are familiar to such a feature that someone, who always programmed his stuff by simply using a text editor, won't care about.
May 04
On Tuesday, 2 May 2017 at 15:27:49 UTC, Abstract Operator wrote:
> On Sunday, 30 April 2017 at 15:28:40 UTC, Jolly James wrote:
>> As noone did answer my question in the other thread:
>
> Which other thread ?

https://forum.dlang.org/post/xowdtedlrmqwfzauxajw@forum.dlang.org


> The feature is now in ~master ([1]). It will be part of the version 3 update 1 which i'll release this week.
Thank you :)
June 17
On Thursday, 4 May 2017 at 17:52:48 UTC, Jolly James wrote:
>> The feature is now in ~master ([1]). It will be part of the version 3 update 1 which i'll release this week.
> Thank you :)

Please add D's keywords to the auto-completion. At the moment, e.g. `class` gets replaced by `ClassInfo`.
June 18
On Saturday, 17 June 2017 at 14:20:27 UTC, Jolly James wrote:
> On Thursday, 4 May 2017 at 17:52:48 UTC, Jolly James wrote:
>>> The feature is now in ~master ([1]). It will be part of the version 3 update 1 which i'll release this week.
>> Thank you :)
>
> Please add D's keywords to the auto-completion. At the moment, e.g. `class` gets replaced by `ClassInfo`.

See

https://github.com/dlang-community/DCD/issues/382

I'll try to see if i can add it directly in Coedit because at first glance this is not easily doable in DCD.