July 05, 2012
On Wed, 04 Jul 2012 12:49:11 +0200
"nazriel" <nazriel6969@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings.
> 
> I would like to share with you, Beta version of http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/
> 
> Dpaste is online compiler and collaboration tool dedicated to D Programming Language. It allows to run your D Code snippets directly in web browser!
> 
> As for now following compilers are supported: DMD2.059, DMD1.074, DMD 2-git revision (which is updated every 3-days). GDC coming soon.
> 
> 
> Please tell me what do you think, what would you add/change, or report any errors you find.
> 
> Thanks!
> 
> Best regards,
> Damian Ziemba
> 

Awesome :)

July 05, 2012
nazriel:

> I would like to share with you, Beta version of http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/

I have tried that page some more. Two screen grabs:
http://derp.co.uk/35b8d

1) In the first part of the image the background colors are
disabled. For such situations I suggest to make the green and red
boxes with v and x to be visible with disabled colors too.
1b) I also suggest to write down "segmentation fault" somewhere,
instead just setting it a tooltip of those boxes.

2) Second part of the image: why I am not seeing a link to create
a new paste?

3) I have tried to register myself, but it always refuse my
CAPTCHA :-(

Bye,
bearophile
July 05, 2012
On 5 July 2012 14:47, bearophile <bearophileHUGS@lycos.com> wrote:
> nazriel:
>
>
>> I would like to share with you, Beta version of http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/
>
>
> I have tried that page some more. Two screen grabs: http://derp.co.uk/35b8d
>
> 1) In the first part of the image the background colors are
> disabled. For such situations I suggest to make the green and red
> boxes with v and x to be visible with disabled colors too.
> 1b) I also suggest to write down "segmentation fault" somewhere,
> instead just setting it a tooltip of those boxes.
>
> 2) Second part of the image: why I am not seeing a link to create a new paste?
>
> 3) I have tried to register myself, but it always refuse my
> CAPTCHA :-(
>

Try logging in using OpenID.  :~)


-- 
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';
July 05, 2012
On Thursday, 5 July 2012 at 13:47:42 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> nazriel:
>
>> I would like to share with you, Beta version of http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/
>
> I have tried that page some more. Two screen grabs:
> http://derp.co.uk/35b8d
>
> 1) In the first part of the image the background colors are
> disabled. For such situations I suggest to make the green and red
> boxes with v and x to be visible with disabled colors too.
> 1b) I also suggest to write down "segmentation fault" somewhere,
> instead just setting it a tooltip of those boxes.
>
> 2) Second part of the image: why I am not seeing a link to create
> a new paste?
>
> 3) I have tried to register myself, but it always refuse my
> CAPTCHA :-(
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

Thank you bearophile for your testings!

There is so much to do that I had no time yet to make some better tests in browsers like links, or with JavaScript disabled.

1) Yes, its good idea, I need to think about it. Its nice look vs utility on browsers without colors (how many people uses browsers without colors? :D)
1b) Hmm, maybe good idea, yea, will think about it too.

2) Dunno tbh, could you give me some details about your web-browser. Its looks like Bootstrap fail so its has to be really exotic browser.

3) It maybe problematic, I had to introduce some kind of anti-spam mechanism.
You can sing in using Github, Google, Facebook, OpenID accounts if that will fail for you.

Also there may be case, that anti-spam mechanism triggers while you send code snippet.

I think that after all I should make it clear for users that Images are required for website full functionality.

Thanks again!

Will try to solve your problems tommorow.

Best Regards,
Damian Ziemba



July 05, 2012
nazriel:

> Thank you bearophile for your testings!

Thank you for the very elegant D paste site. I'm good at hitting ways to _not_ be able to use software and sites :o) Sometimes even people like Mister Beam are useful.

In that site sometimes I'd like an way to compile with "-d" or "-debug" or "-version", this is probably doable.

Offering an option to see the produced assembly is less easy, because usually D produces very large asm listings... maybe this is doable showing only the asm of the single or few specific functions selected by the user, this gives a manageable sized output.


> There is so much to do that I had no time yet to make some better tests in browsers like links, or with JavaScript disabled.

In all tests I've done I was keeping JavaScript enabled, and I think images too were enabled. I have just disabled colors in one test.


> (how many people uses browsers without colors? :D)

I don't know. It's a standard feature of Firefox, well visible in the Options/Contents page. I sometimes disable colors when I program or write, to look for info faster, and cause less disruption to my flow. A friend of mine keeps them always disabled to reduce distractions. And I know another person that keeps them disabled because he's deeply color blind, and finds colors confusing (he sometimes removes part of the colors from presentations created by other people).


> 2) Dunno tbh, could you give me some details about your web-browser. Its looks like Bootstrap fail so its has to be really exotic browser.

It's a normal Firefox 13.0.1, but it's not easy to give a complete answer to this question. Maybe we have to meet on IRC when you modify the site :-)

Bye,
bearophile
July 06, 2012
On Thursday, 5 July 2012 at 22:10:12 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> nazriel:
>
>> Thank you bearophile for your testings!
>
> Thank you for the very elegant D paste site. I'm good at hitting ways to _not_ be able to use software and sites :o) Sometimes even people like Mister Beam are useful.
>
I guess beta testers are very expensive in gamedev industry etc, so it's really good to have you!

> In that site sometimes I'd like an way to compile with "-d" or "-debug" or "-version", this is probably doable.
>
Yes, I was already thinking about it as I noticed some pastes with stuff like
unittest { assert(0==1); }

Implementing this is rather trivial, will do!

> Offering an option to see the produced assembly is less easy, because usually D produces very large asm listings... maybe this is doable showing only the asm of the single or few specific functions selected by the user, this gives a manageable sized output.
>
This is feature I would like to add in 2.0 Milestone alongside with Solutions (multiple files compilable together), debugging support. Will take some time to implement it though because I am still not yet at 1.0 and alone in coding :D

>
>> There is so much to do that I had no time yet to make some better tests in browsers like links, or with JavaScript disabled.
>
> In all tests I've done I was keeping JavaScript enabled, and I think images too were enabled. I have just disabled colors in one test.
>
Wow, that's tricky! I never though about it, all tests I was doing were like "lets see what happens without js and images". Clever! Will try it.

>
>> (how many people uses browsers without colors? :D)
>
> I don't know. It's a standard feature of Firefox, well visible in the Options/Contents page. I sometimes disable colors when I program or write, to look for info faster, and cause less disruption to my flow. A friend of mine keeps them always disabled to reduce distractions. And I know another person that keeps them disabled because he's deeply color blind, and finds colors confusing (he sometimes removes part of the colors from presentations created by other people).
>
Yea, good catch. Will think about it.
>
>> 2) Dunno tbh, could you give me some details about your web-browser. Its looks like Bootstrap fail so its has to be really exotic browser.
>
> It's a normal Firefox 13.0.1, but it's not easy to give a complete answer to this question. Maybe we have to meet on IRC when you modify the site :-)
>

Sure! You know where to find me! ;~)

> Bye,
> bearophile

Bye! Thank you very much
I really appreciate your help!

July 06, 2012
On 7/5/2012 2:17 PM, nazriel wrote:
> 1) Yes, its good idea, I need to think about it. Its nice look vs utility on
> browsers without colors (how many people uses browsers without colors? :D)
> 1b) Hmm, maybe good idea, yea, will think about it too.

Something to think about:

1. should be usable for people with varying degrees of color blindness

2. should be usable for blind people who use screen readers (yes, there are blind programmers)
July 09, 2012
On Friday, 6 July 2012 at 19:43:28 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 7/5/2012 2:17 PM, nazriel wrote:
>> 1) Yes, its good idea, I need to think about it. Its nice look vs utility on
>> browsers without colors (how many people uses browsers without colors? :D)
>> 1b) Hmm, maybe good idea, yea, will think about it too.
>
> Something to think about:
>
> 1. should be usable for people with varying degrees of color blindness
>
> 2. should be usable for blind people who use screen readers (yes, there are blind programmers)

Yes, you are right.

So, I've updated dpaste a bit.

Status markers should be visible with disabled colors,
You can now compile multiple files:
http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/ae48ac77 -> http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/f5acfe0a
(Although you have to be registered to use this feature)

Some other bug fixes.

Slowly I am moving to 1.0 Milestone. :)))

Bearophile, could you visit us at IRC channel? I will be online at 22.00 (its 15.35 here right now). Because I can't reproduce problem with not visible "New paste" link

Thanks!

Best regards,
Damian Ziemba
Thanks.


August 21, 2012
nazriel:

> I would like to share with you, Beta version of http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/

At the moment gives a 403 error :-(

Bye,
bearophile
August 24, 2012
On Tuesday, 21 August 2012 at 23:17:42 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> nazriel:
>
>> I would like to share with you, Beta version of http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/
>
> At the moment gives a 403 error :-(
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

Yeah, our hosting provider had migration and due to specification of dpaste, automatic migration of website failed. But I moved it by hand, seems to be working good again.

Anyways!

* CodeMirror has been updated, some of Opera bugs should be fixed now.
* Tags has been added. Thanks to Dejan we already have nice base of tags http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/tags
* Mini news system has been added
* Users with small resolutions should be able to see Menu's navbar properly now


More changes coming soon! :)
1 2 3 4
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home