View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
August 24, 2012
Re: Dpaste - online compiler and collaboration tool dedicated to D Programming Language.
nazriel:

> But I moved it by hand, seems to be working good again.

Thank you.

I have seen that some times it "loses" the selections: if I 
select a certain "Expiration" or "Others" I'd like it to keep the 
same choice in my successive pastes in the same session.

Bye,
bearophile
August 31, 2012
Re: Dpaste - online compiler and collaboration tool dedicated to D Programming Language.
On Friday, 24 August 2012 at 22:57:03 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> nazriel:
>
>> But I moved it by hand, seems to be working good again.
>
> Thank you.
>
> I have seen that some times it "loses" the selections: if I 
> select a certain "Expiration" or "Others" I'd like it to keep 
> the same choice in my successive pastes in the same session.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

Done.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Anyways.

New set of improvements arrived.

In short:

New features
* Last commit for Git branch of DMD by Roman D. Boiko
* Comments under news and pastes
* 3 levels of accessablity for Pastes: public, unlisted, private
* Verbose version of compiler used at date of sending paste (ie 
dmd 2.057)
* Social plugins, sharing pastes
* Remember paste preference during active session by bearophile
* Search box (atm works only for tags) by Dejan Lekic
* Custom CAPTCHA module has been replaced with reCAPTCHA
* Navbar color change by David "dav1d" Herbert


Bug fixes
* CodeMirror glitches - this includes upgrading CodeMirror to 
experimental branch (3.0) + custom dpaste hacks
* Session for OAuth should be properly handled now - you should 
be automatically logged in while visiting dpaste
* Minor UI fixes and tweaks
* Backend tweaks & fixes in order to allow continues work without 
problems
* Report frame has textarea for filling reason why you report 
user/paste


Sidenotes
Service had HUGE refactoring done in its frontend in order to 
speed up development process. Every feature and bug should be 
implemented/fixed faster now.

**IMPORTANT**
If you see any UI glitches, before sending a bug report please 
Refresh your browser 2 or 3 times. Lots of JS and CSS files has 
changed and in most cases it will be Cache issue.

http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/news/change-log---v0.82
August 31, 2012
Re: Dpaste - online compiler and collaboration tool dedicated to D Programming Language.
nazriel:

> Thank you for your suggestions!

:-)

To send a paste both codepad and ideone use "Submit", I find that 
word more natural than the "Save" used by DPaste, because most 
times what I want is the code to run.

Also, my monitor has a largish font, so paste lines don't have 
too many columns. So have you tried to put the "Paste settings" 
on something like a horizontal ribbon at the top of the screen 
(like an actual program), and leave full width to the lines of 
code?

Bye,
bearophile
August 31, 2012
Re: Dpaste - online compiler and collaboration tool dedicated to D Programming Language.
On Friday, 31 August 2012 at 20:16:53 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> nazriel:
>
>> Thank you for your suggestions!
>
> :-)
>
> To send a paste both codepad and ideone use "Submit", I find 
> that word more natural than the "Save" used by DPaste, because 
> most times what I want is the code to run.
>
I wanted to keep distinction between 2 different features:
Save - saving and (if checked) running code
Compile (for registered users) - running code without saving 
paste itself

Not sure if Submit won't clear that distinction

> Also, my monitor has a largish font, so paste lines don't have 
> too many columns. So have you tried to put the "Paste settings" 
> on something like a horizontal ribbon at the top of the screen 
> (like an actual program), and leave full width to the lines of 
> code?
>
Would it be too much effort if I would ask for screenshot? Would 
help me a lot to imagine how does it exactly looks. In overall I 
try to change as less as possible when it comes to UI design. I 
could ensure that 120 characters fits in one row (when default 
font is used).

> Bye,
> bearophile
August 31, 2012
Re: Dpaste - online compiler and collaboration tool dedicated to D Programming Language.
nazriel:

> I wanted to keep distinction between 2 different features:
> Save - saving and (if checked) running code
> Compile (for registered users) - running code without saving 
> paste itself
>
> Not sure if Submit won't clear that distinction

I see.


> Would it be too much effort if I would ask for screenshot?

Probably it's better to show you a screenshot on IRC.


> I could ensure that 120 characters fits in one row (when 
> default font is used).

I probably use a little larger fonts, so there are less columns. 
Generally you can't design a site assuming everyone uses/sees the 
same font size.

See you,
bearophile
September 01, 2012
Re: Dpaste - online compiler and collaboration tool dedicated to D Programming Language.
Github OAuth is not working.

http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/login/github
September 02, 2012
Re: Dpaste - online compiler and collaboration tool dedicated to D Programming Language.
One problems I see is the "Raw" view shows me the code with no 
indentations at all (and in proportional font, this is not good).

Bye,
bearophile
September 02, 2012
Re: Dpaste - online compiler and collaboration tool dedicated to D Programming Language.
nazriel:

> Done.
>
> Thank you for your suggestions!

The selection of "Comments allowed" seems to get lost still every 
time.

Bye,
bearophile
September 02, 2012
Re: Dpaste - online compiler and collaboration tool dedicated to D Programming Language.
On Saturday, 1 September 2012 at 06:34:01 UTC, zerg wrote:
> Github OAuth is not working.
>
> http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/login/github

Ups, forgot to upload config file.

Fixed
September 02, 2012
Re: Dpaste - online compiler and collaboration tool dedicated to D Programming Language.
On Sunday, 2 September 2012 at 12:33:00 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> nazriel:
>
>> Done.
>>
>> Thank you for your suggestions!
>
> The selection of "Comments allowed" seems to get lost still 
> every time.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

Fixed
1 2 3 4
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home