View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
July 28, 2012
A partial D crypto library
Hi

We did a project a couple of weeks ago implementing some 
cryptographic primitives in D. Just wanted to tip you guys about 
it. It has some basic RSA functionality, SHA and AES. For 
production use it would need some scrutiny, proper random 
generators etc. However if anyone wants to take it and build on 
it for something, that would be cool.

https://github.com/apartridge/crypto/
July 28, 2012
Re: A partial D crypto library
Am 28.07.2012 02:45, schrieb Stian Pedersen:
> Hi
>
> We did a project a couple of weeks ago implementing some cryptographic
> primitives in D. Just wanted to tip you guys about it. It has some basic
> RSA functionality, SHA and AES. For production use it would need some
> scrutiny, proper random generators etc. However if anyone wants to take
> it and build on it for something, that would be cool.
>
> https://github.com/apartridge/crypto/

This is great! I need a crypto lib and I was already resigned to 
libcrypto/libssl - hopefully this library has all I need!
July 28, 2012
Re: A partial D crypto library
On 7/27/12 8:45 PM, Stian Pedersen wrote:
> Hi
>
> We did a project a couple of weeks ago implementing some cryptographic
> primitives in D. Just wanted to tip you guys about it. It has some basic
> RSA functionality, SHA and AES. For production use it would need some
> scrutiny, proper random generators etc. However if anyone wants to take
> it and build on it for something, that would be cool.
>
> https://github.com/apartridge/crypto/

Thanks! Would someone be willing to work on integrating this into Phobos?

Andrei
July 28, 2012
Re: A partial D crypto library
On Saturday, 28 July 2012 at 00:45:04 UTC, Stian Pedersen wrote:
> Hi
>
> We did a project a couple of weeks ago implementing some 
> cryptographic primitives in D. Just wanted to tip you guys 
> about it. It has some basic RSA functionality, SHA and AES. For 
> production use it would need some scrutiny, proper random 
> generators etc. However if anyone wants to take it and build on 
> it for something, that would be cool.
>
> https://github.com/apartridge/crypto/

I hope you are familiar with the dcrypt project - 
http://www.dsource.org/projects/dcrypt . It already have cyphers 
mentioned above, and digest algorithms as well, plus much more...
July 28, 2012
Re: A partial D crypto library
On Saturday, 28 July 2012 at 21:58:31 UTC, Dejan Lekic wrote:
> I hope you are familiar with the dcrypt project - 
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/dcrypt . It already have 
> cyphers mentioned above, and digest algorithms as well, plus 
> much more...

Yeah looked at the ones that existed. That one is for D1. We did 
it for fun, learning the D language at the same time. I hope to 
do some more D in the future.
Ill be happy to contribute more to it. However, we would need 
someone with more experience on crypto lib's getting involved and 
going over it, before it's ready for production use or Phobos.
July 28, 2012
Re: A partial D crypto library
On Saturday, 28 July 2012 at 22:46:31 UTC, Stian Pedersen wrote:
> On Saturday, 28 July 2012 at 21:58:31 UTC, Dejan Lekic wrote:
>> I hope you are familiar with the dcrypt project - 
>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/dcrypt . It already have 
>> cyphers mentioned above, and digest algorithms as well, plus 
>> much more...
>
> Yeah looked at the ones that existed. That one is for D1. We 
> did it for fun, learning the D language at the same time. I 
> hope to do some more D in the future. Ill be happy to 
> contribute more to it. However, we would need someone with more 
> experience on crypto lib's getting involved and going over it, 
> before it's ready for production use or Phobos.

 I'm willing to help. I don't know the full extend of templates, 
but otherwise I think I grasp D2 enough.
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home